H&M Part Time Sales Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&M (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

Passed the initial phone interview and the second in-store interview and will have my last interview tmr. My second interview is a bit different. Two managers on training interviewed me. The questions they asked were pretty much the same as those listed here. So I will just add a couple questions that no one mentioned. I prepared by looking at the reviews here and practice them myself.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage/succeed in fast-paced environment that requires multitasking?   Answer Question
  • How do you coordinate with your coworkers when you are busy at work?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for H&M

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Interview

I can speak for the telephone interview as my in store interview is this Thursday Godwilling. I applied and got a call within a few days. The interviewer asked questions about availability, what can you learn from h&m, why that lenticular store.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at H&M (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Relatively easygoing, as long as you prepare for the interview. I applied for the first online the night before and the next day I received a phone call from a store manager. I didn't expect a phone call so soon since reading other applicants prior interviews that process can last from a week to a month. From there on we commenced the interview and I was very nervous, my advice to you is prepare for any future interview like there is no tomorrow. But despite my nerves this manager let me move forward for an in store interview the next day. I did my research and prepared for this whole interview the night before just by reading others interview experience on Glassdoor and doing research on the H&M website and interview process was if not exactly the same as the phone interview except I definitely felt more prepared and it showed in my interview. Once it was over I was would either receive a phone call or an email if I was to be moved forward for a third interview. Honestly even if I don't get it, I'm thankful for the experience I never had a job in retail before but it seems this store might be in need of someone with someone who already knows the ropes. Going to the interview was definitely out of my comfort zone but as long as you prepare you should be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at H&M (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied Online, went in to put a face to my resume and was interviewed on the spot and was told I would definitely be contacted. Called myself two weeks later to find out the status of my app was asked to come in for another interview, in that interview filled out a form for a background check and was told i would get a call in a week. Never got the call so I called them once again a week after they should of called me. I was told I would be called in 3 days because of the many background checks they put in its normal for it too take awhile. Got a call 3 days later asking to come in for another interview in 4 days. I came in was asked to tell a little about myself and then was offered the job. I filled out some paperwork and start in 2 days!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had difficult time with a customer?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H&M in June 2015.

Interview

Sorry if this is too long, but I feel like I would have appreciated reading detailed interviews to help prepare me for my interview. Sunday: I applied online on a Wednesday, and got a call that Friday and had a brief phone interview. She went over my job history, asked how many hours a week I'm able to work (I said 30), what days I'm available to work (I said any days), what pay I desire (I said minimum wage, or negotiable), what do I like about H&M/why do I want to work there, and to tell her about myself. I believe that was it. Even though I don't have any work history, I assume she liked what she heard because she asked me to come meet her face to face Monday (which is tomorrow). So hopefully everything goes well. I've done my research on the company and have studied some questions that may be asked. Monday: I went to the interview. Everything went well. It was really simple and not as nerve wrecking as I thought it would be (maybe because I did my research on the company and read other interviews on here). She was very friendly so that also made me more relaxed. It was a one-on-one interview. I had to sign a paper for a background check. The interviewer basically asked the same questions as the phone interview. She also asked why I should be a sales advisor (what can I bring to the table). She told me that everyone who was interviewed for the new store will have an answer by Thursday because she should the background check results by then. Friday: I didn't receive a call Thursday, so I called today and asked if she had contacted everyone she was going to hire. She asked me for my name and then told me that the background check results are taking longer than normal but when she gets them she will be contacting me. She was very nice. From reading other reviews on here and other websites, I believe if you're not hired, you will receive an email stating that you didn't get the job. I feel like if she didn't like our one-on-one interview she probably wouldn't have even submitted my background check. I haven't gotten that email and I don't have any criminal records so I'm hoping she calls me back when she gets my results, saying that I'm hired. We'll see! *fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position/What can you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at H&M in March 2015.

Interview

Sorry if this is long, I just want to make sure this is as detailed as possible! I applied online at H&M and three weeks later got a call from the manager and had a phone interview asking basic questions about availability and previous job experience. He told me there were a lot of applicants and if they decide to let me go threw the next round, I would hear another call by next week. True to his word, I got a call the next week on a Friday and was asked to come in on Tuesday. To prepare I read interview reviews on here and checked the company's website to find their mission statement and other facts about H&M(I highly suggest doing this since they have all of their info on their website and would definitely help you answer H&M related Q's during the interview as well as help you relate your experience to the skills the company is looking for in future employees). Also I don't keep up with trends much so I checked online for the latest fashion trends for spring 2015 since a lot of fashion retailers want to know you have some type of knowledge about fashion. Also I wrote down questions I would ask at the end of the interview. On the first interview, I came in 15 min early, wearing a white button down shirt, a blazer, and a plaid skirt with tights and jewelry. I met with the assistant manager and was taken to the back of the store for a 1:1. The questions she asked were similar to the phone interview, once again asking about availability and previous work experience. Also asked questions like, "Name a time you worked well with a team." What do you plan on majoring in, in college?" "Where do you you see yourself in this company after a year?" The one question that caught me by surprise is when she said to role play and pretend she's a new employee and I'm helping her train since I told her I help train two new employees at my previous job. Towards the end one of the questions I asked was if I passed this interview how many other interviews I would have since a lot of people on here had between 2-4 interviews. She told me that she was actually going to approve me to go on one final interview the next week! At the of the interview I signed a background check. Today was my last interview and I went in wearing a beige sweater and a pleated skirt with tights with a necklace. Like many people on here who had the last interview with two managers, one of them didn't show up so I had another 1:1, but this time with store manager. The same questions were asked once again about my previous jobs, school, and availability. Other questions asked was a time you helped a difficult customer, what set H&M about from other clothing stores, can you work in a fast paced environment, etc. I asked questions about how the store was ran and duties and responsibilities. I was the offered the job on the spot and had to sign paperwork. I guess some tips I can offer that will hopefully help is to dress fashionably of course. If you can, dress wearing something that's on trend. If not dress professionally. The interview dress code is really laid back, they want to know your sense of style and individuality! For most question asked I made sure to relate it with previous experience like, "Can you handle feedback?" I said yes and use my experience at my last job were I wasn't trained and how I would always ask for feedback, ways I can improve, and always asked questions. Make sure to keep eye contact, try to smile, and show that you're determined and know about the company and you should do fine! H&M is all giving out opportunities as long as you're dedicated, determined, and work hard, so even if you have no job experience or not retail experience (like me) you can still have the chance to get hired! Good luck and hope this was helpful!!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you helped a difficult customer.   1 Answer
    • Name a time where you had bad and good customer service.   1 Answer
    • Name a time were showed leadership.   1 Answer
    • Can you handle feedback well?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&M (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was called within a week of submitted my application online. Had a phone interview and was told to come in for an interview at the store. The manager was very nice and seemed very interested i hiring me. Got a call back two and a half weeks later after going through the background check row a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why you would like to work here? What do you know about HM?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at H&M (Miami Beach, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online got a call a week later and missed the call they left a message so I called back. I did a phone screening. The week after I came in for an interview with 2 managers (department managers). Then 2 days later I came in for another interview with 2 more managers (department managers ) I signed a background check paper. Everything since I didn't hear from them. It was over a month since I signed the background check form and heard from them so I called they said it took a month then schedule me for another interview but, the 3rd interview was the job offer

Interview Questions

• What does these words mean to you? (Which was H&M 7 values )   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&M (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process too long!I The initial phone interview plus 3 different interviews with 3 different managers; ask the same questions & the interviews only lasted like 5-10 minutes. Just was a lot of time wasted to me

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at H&M (Gainesville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied to H&M at the beginning of April 2015 and got a call from them a month later at the beginning of May. I had 3 total interviews with H&M. The first one was a phone screening, in which I was asked very general questions about myself and as to why I chose to apply to H&M. At the end of the phone interview, I was scheduled for a 1 on 1 interview with the store manager a few days after. At the 1 on 1 interview, I was asked a lot of repetitive questions about my past sales experience. There were also several questions that were repeated from the phone interview. At the end of the interview, the manager invited me to a group interview for the following day. At the group interview, we were tasked with performing several interactive tasks while the interviewers watched us and took notes. At the end, we were informed we would hear back with final job decisions in a week and a half, at the latest.