H&M Sales Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.5

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at H&M in April 2015.

Interview

Applied 6 months ago. After inquiring about my application for a few months I finally was approached by a manager for an interview. The interview was pretty simple. One-on-one. I was asked to fill out a background check: usually that's a good sign so all seemed well. 5 weeks past and each week I would call or stop by the store for a follow up. I received a voicemail stating that my information would be on file for a few months in the event that something opens, but that there were no available positions. Yet the store was hiring for multiple positions according to the career section on their website and the hiring ad in the main entrance of the store. Sounded more like a rude way of saying they didn't want to offer a position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for H&M?   1 Answer
  • How do you handle conflict with coworkers?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for H&M

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&M.

Interview

Went into the store and applied. A couple days later i was called to come in for a face to face interview. Went into the interview and got the job on the spot, just needed to submit for a background check. Couple days later the background check came back and was cleared, and we started the final hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at H&M (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online got a call a couple days later. Missed the call so i called back yesterday and was asked to come in for a group interview tomorrow. Today i goes in for the interview, 5 people didnt show so it was about 8 of us . reading the reviews on here I was expecting to do activities, but we were all asked about 7 questions. 1st we had to fill out a form for a background check then we went into a room & We had to go around and answer his questions
    Tell us your name & what is you favorite scary movie.
    Name a time you provided great customer service.
    What would be your common goal here?
    If you get the job, where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.
    What is your availability?
    No one was hired on the spot, but he said he would call us within a week!
    I personally think i got the job i was the only one with open availability.

Btw he called the next day and my orientation was 2 days later. At orientation i realized me & this other guy was the only 2 picked from the group interview of 8. Will be on the schedule next week so good luck! Quickest process ever, so happy i applied!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, the pay was 11.05 more than i ever made in any job.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at H&M in August 2014.

Interview

I went to a recruiting event and continued on to a second interview in a group setting. We had to work in groups to complete a couple of activities. none of the questions were that difficult for the first round. It's been 3 weeks and haven't heard from them yet. :(

Interview Questions

• the group exercises were a little unexpected   2 Answers

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at H&M.

Interview

Filled out application, was promptly given a day to come in for first (out of three) interview, easy questions that are normal to be asked for a retail position, second interview and third interview were with two different managers, third "interview" was being offered the position and given a schedule for two weeks for the training process of the position.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult but rewarding decision you have made so far in your life? (something along those lines)   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Interview

I applied at the web side almost a month ago and I haven’t received a response of any kind, I would appreciate a faster response from them so that you don’t waste your time just waiting for a call or an e-mail. It seems for me that they don’t really need somebody.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview then wait for a call back then went into a in person interview with manger in store with 2 mangers. Then from then on I was accepted and got start a week later for training.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&M.

Interview

Applied in store. About a week later received a call in which a manager gave me a phone interview. She explained what I would be doing if I got hired. She then set up an in person interview date. I went to the interview was interviewed by two managers. The questions were easy. I was then called in for a second in person interview and they told me I was hired I signed paper work and was scheduled for orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They told me they start you off with 10 but with experience it's possible to negotiate.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at H&M.

Interview

If you are applying make sure you call them and ask for the status of your application.. The interview process is quite simple. Phone interview with basic questions of previous experience. Then round two where they call you and sit down with you. If you've written college papers then this should be a walk in the park. Questions about what makes you the right person and hypothetical situations as well.

Interview Questions

• They give you a situation and ask you which items you would do in order.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Best paying retail job when you cant find a real job after college.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&M in May 2013.

Interview

I put in an application on line and called in and asked to speak with a manager. Built report with her, kept calling back asking about he status. Walked in and turned in a résumé on top of this and chatted with the workers a bit. Called back a few days later to talk to the manager. Eventually landed a phone screening with the hiring manager, that went really well. Called him back a few days later and he set up an interview the following week. Went in to that interview and did well. Called him a few days later again and he set me up an interview with the store manager, that went awesome and I got offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• During the first interview the manager read a list of values and asked me to pick out two that resonated the most with me. It wasn't hard, I had just never encountered that before.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was needed for me, they pay extremely well and I'm very happy.