H&M Sales Advisor Interview Questions

2.6

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami Beach, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at H&M in October 2012.

i applied online recieved a email feom the recuritment, then2 days later a phone interview which caught me off gaurd, but i somehoe seem to ace that part,i was scheduled a interview then a decond one which offered me a job

Interview Questions
11.00 dollars i didnt negotiate because that was a lot for my first job with no retail fresh out of high school

Other Interview Reviews for H&M

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Riverhead, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverhead, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days - interviewed at H&M in July 2012.

The interview was to be as expected. They asked about previous work experience, availability, and ability to perform tasks required. They then submit you for a background check, and if that comes back clear and they feel you are a good fit for their team, they bring you back for a second interview, where they will offer you the job and begin the hiring process. The hiring process was simple, as well - standard paperwork, ID required, along with banking information for direct deposit. This company does not offer paper checks.

Interview Questions
    • "Can you handle a full workload?" H&M is not the type of company where employees can sit around doing nothing at times. There is always a project, and often times the project will have to be completed while the store is busy, and employees are still expected to task (register, fitting room) while completing any project.   View Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at H&M.

Filled out application, was promptly given a day to come in for first (out of three) interview, easy questions that are normal to be asked for a retail position, second interview and third interview were with two different managers, third "interview" was being offered the position and given a schedule for two weeks for the training process of the position.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult but rewarding decision you have made so far in your life? (something along those lines)   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied at the web side almost a month ago and I haven’t received a response of any kind, I would appreciate a faster response from them so that you don’t waste your time just waiting for a call or an e-mail. It seems for me that they don’t really need somebody.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at H&M in September 2011.

It was a two person process. First person is most likely a Department Manager who will ask you question like why do you want to work at H&M, do you want to climb up the career ladder, etc. etc. Simple questions, it was easy. Second interview is with the Store Manager him/her self. Same questions, ask about pay rate expectations and availability.

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M.

Applied in store. About a week later received a call in which a manager gave me a phone interview. She explained what I would be doing if I got hired. She then set up an in person interview date. I went to the interview was interviewed by two managers. The questions were easy. I was then called in for a second in person interview and they told me I was hired I signed paper work and was scheduled for orientation.

Interview Questions
    They told me they start you off with 10 but with experience it's possible to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at H&M in October 2010.

I submitted my online profile to apply for my first store in San Francisco several times. I kept getting back responses that said our schedules didn't line up, even though I left weekends open and only 2 days off during the week.
    Eventually I received a response phone call to schedule an interview. My first interview was with a manager in a small office-made-closet. He asked me basic questions and I answered. I guess I seemed legit because they called me back. My second interview was with a manager and supervisor. They ask me about my current situation, what areas of retail/the store I wanted to be a part of, and where I saw myself going at H&M.
    Towards the end of the interview they gave me a post-it and told me to walk around the store and write down a few things that were wrong or inefficient to me.
    Later I got called back and had a group orientation, which gave us background on the store and explained processes like benefits, days off, vacation hours, holiday pay, and job expectations. We were assigned trainers and our schedules followed our trainers' schedules for 2 weeks.
    I had 2 trainers in 2 weeks (not normal) and neither of them trained me on the registers. I had to nag a couple managers to get me register trained, especially since they kept trying to schedule me on the register and I had no idea how to work it yet. Eventually I was register trained by another experienced employee.

Interview Questions
    • Which position of the store seemed most appealing to me.   View Answer
    It was less of a negotiation. They told me I'd get paid more than minimum wage, and I said ok.

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H&M in May 2013.

I put in an application on line and called in and asked to speak with a manager. Built report with her, kept calling back asking about he status. Walked in and turned in a résumé on top of this and chatted with the workers a bit. Called back a few days later to talk to the manager. Eventually landed a phone screening with the hiring manager, that went really well. Called him back a few days later and he set up an interview the following week. Went in to that interview and did well. Called him a few days later again and he set me up an interview with the store manager, that went awesome and I got offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • During the first interview the manager read a list of values and asked me to pick out two that resonated the most with me. It wasn't hard, I had just never encountered that before.   View Answer
    No negotiation was needed for me, they pay extremely well and I'm very happy.

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at H&M.

If you are applying make sure you call them and ask for the status of your application.. The interview process is quite simple. Phone interview with basic questions of previous experience. Then round two where they call you and sit down with you. If you've written college papers then this should be a walk in the park. Questions about what makes you the right person and hypothetical situations as well.

Interview Questions
    • They give you a situation and ask you which items you would do in order.   View Answer
    Best paying retail job when you cant find a real job after college.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M in March 2011.

I applied in person, got a phone call 2 weeks later to set up an interview. Went on the interview (which went pretty easy). A couple days later was called in for a 2nd interview with the assistant manager, so I went to that and got hired on the spot!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? ( 7 secs to answer) .... was caught off guard because we was talking about something else.. but I did good!   View Answer

Worked for H&M? Contribute to the Community!