H&M Sales Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at H&M (Louisville, KY) in July 2015.

Interview

I received an e-mail about a job hiring event . I was the first person to be interviewed.. Sat waiting for an 1 1/2 hour for the 2nd interview. It was really unorganized. In the e-mail they didn't specify positions . The event was solely for sales advisors. After the 2nd interview it was clear I couldn't work for them because I don't have open availability and I have too much experience to start out bottom tier. I was looking for management. Anyone with a school schedule clearly can't be management or full-time. Kind of sad. IMO

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for H&M

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at H&M in July 2015.

Interview

I want to open interviews in northridge,ca. Where I met different manager from different stores. It was nice. They asked which store would I prefer based on which store am I closer to. And I told them and understood and we're listening

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There were no negotiations, the pay is better than any retail stores out there way above minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

1st interview was over the phone, 2nd interview was group interview and background check, 3rd interview is group activities that vary upon the day. For the most part the interview process is kind of fun. I applied on a Monday and was called on Thursday for an interview on Thursday . Than I was called on the following Monday or my next interview that Thursday. Now I'm just waiting for my call back for the job offer. They say their waiting for the background checks and to speak to the store manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsdale, San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&M (Hillsdale, San Mateo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

First there is an on the phone interview, which I received just 3 days after I applied. It was just common questions like why you want to work there and what you hope to gain from this experience and whatnot. They then ask when is a good time to call you back within the next week to schedule a face to face interview the week after they call (quite a long process). You come into the store whatever day you scheduled, tell an employer you're here for an interview, they contact the manager who then greets you and takes you into the back of the store. It is basically the same as the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at H&M?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&M (Louisville, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two different individuals. One was a store manager, the other was a recruiter. They asked me basically the same questions, however the recruiter went more into depth with the questions. If you're going there during one of their job fairs its best to be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work or H&M? What sets H&M apart from other brands? Discuss an instance when you were working and made an error and had to learn how to fix the error. What have you done in your life to make things more efficient?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at H&M in April 2015.

Interview

Applied 6 months ago. After inquiring about my application for a few months I finally was approached by a manager for an interview. The interview was pretty simple. One-on-one. I was asked to fill out a background check: usually that's a good sign so all seemed well. 5 weeks past and each week I would call or stop by the store for a follow up. I received a voicemail stating that my information would be on file for a few months in the event that something opens, but that there were no available positions. Yet the store was hiring for multiple positions according to the career section on their website and the hiring ad in the main entrance of the store. Sounded more like a rude way of saying they didn't want to offer a position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for H&M?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle conflict with coworkers?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&M.

Interview

Went into the store and applied. A couple days later i was called to come in for a face to face interview. Went into the interview and got the job on the spot, just needed to submit for a background check. Couple days later the background check came back and was cleared, and we started the final hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at H&M (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online got a call a couple days later. Missed the call so i called back yesterday and was asked to come in for a group interview tomorrow. Today i goes in for the interview, 5 people didnt show so it was about 8 of us . reading the reviews on here I was expecting to do activities, but we were all asked about 7 questions. 1st we had to fill out a form for a background check then we went into a room & We had to go around and answer his questions Tell us your name & what is you favorite scary movie. Name a time you provided great customer service. What would be your common goal here? If you get the job, where do you see yourself in 5 years? Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. What is your availability? No one was hired on the spot, but he said he would call us within a week! I personally think i got the job i was the only one with open availability. Btw he called the next day and my orientation was 2 days later. At orientation i realized me & this other guy was the only 2 picked from the group interview of 8. Will be on the schedule next week so good luck! Quickest process ever, so happy i applied!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, the pay was 11.05 more than i ever made in any job.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at H&M in August 2014.

Interview

I went to a recruiting event and continued on to a second interview in a group setting. We had to work in groups to complete a couple of activities. none of the questions were that difficult for the first round. It's been 3 weeks and haven't heard from them yet. :(

Interview Questions

• the group exercises were a little unexpected   2 Answers

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at H&M.

Interview

Filled out application, was promptly given a day to come in for first (out of three) interview, easy questions that are normal to be asked for a retail position, second interview and third interview were with two different managers, third "interview" was being offered the position and given a schedule for two weeks for the training process of the position.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult but rewarding decision you have made so far in your life? (something along those lines)   Answer Question