H&M

Average Difficulty
34 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M in July 2012.

Interview Details – Submit application and resume online, then there is a phone call with basic questions asking about availability and brief previous experience. H&M requires open availability on weekends. If company is interested, they schedule an in person interview. There can multiple in person interviews and you usually are with two people, one being a member of management. At any point in time these in person interviews can turn into a job offer. If not, the company's HR department will contact you via email that you did not get the job.

Interview Question – All interviews can be different since its based on which store and who is conducting the interview but large volumes stores will ask detail questions about how you manage you time and how you would problem solve different in store situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little room for negotiation at this level.

Very Easy Interview

Waldorf, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M in August 2013.

Interview Details – I spoke with the store manager about a job. She gave me an application. I filled it out and came in for a interview the same day. Waited for a my background to clear before I got the job offer. Stay on them, because some managers are not organized, They'll forget.

Interview Question – Why H&M?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable but Transfer comes with a raise based on cost-of-living, that is negotiable.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – Gave my resume in store, and received a call a week later. First interview was via phone. Second interview was pretty much the same questions but one on one. And third interview was more detailed and asked for my driver license and such for a background check.

Interview Question – They asked me what I thought of the store's layout, it was kind of clunky and crowded.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – I applied online and didn't hear back for 3 weeks. Finally I got an email from recruitment about a job fair at the store so I went to that and had a quick interview with an HR person. After that I received a call about a week later to come interview with the store manager. I was offered a job on the spot. The whole process took a little over a month.

Interview Question – How do the H&M values apply to you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received a job offer from another company that I took instead, but I wish I stayed with H&M!

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – There was a total of 3 interviews; phone, main manager and for some odd reason I was called back again to interview with another manager. I accepted the job the pay was well

Interview Question – Why do you like h&m?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – got excited to work with the team

Interview Question – most diificult part is when they ask about experiences   Answer Question

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online - interviewed at H&M in July 2012.

Interview Details – Excessively long and unnecessary interview process. Took 3 interviews and months before I was actually hired. Got misleading information several times and was given the run around for weeks at a time. The whole process was just unnecessarily long and inefficient. They made it very difficult on me to get the job.

Interview Question – Why do I choose to apply at H&M. What do I find different about them.   Answer Question

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at H&M in March 2013.

Interview Details – 4 times interview, background check, and than gave me the offer.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H&M in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called in about a week later. Went in and it was a group interview. Some basic questions such as "Why H&M?" or "What can you offer to our brand?"

Got called back in for another group interview but it was an activity to see who can think fast on their feet. Had to wait another couple of days before being called and they offered me the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for H&M?
What can you offer our team?
  Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H&M in August 2009.

Interview Details – I applied in person and was called in for an interview within a weeks time. It was a group interview were they had us doing different activities to see how much of a team player we was. About a week after that I was called for a second interview by the in store HR Manager, we sat in a fitting room. The interview was fast and simple, a couple days later I got the call stating that I had gotten the job.

Interview Question – When I was asked about visual, I was new to retail and new nothing about visuals at the time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was really no negotiation phase, there was no need for that, H&M pays very well so I was happy with my pay.

Interviews for Top Jobs at H&M

Worked for H&M? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at H&M Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 34 interview reviews posted anonymously by H&M employees and interview candidates.