H&M Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.6

38 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&M.

Walked in the store and asked if they were hiring/had an application. Filled out app in the mall and dropped it off shortly thereafter. Made a follow up call a few days later and spoke with a manager who sort of gave me an unofficial interview to go over work experience. We set up an interview from there a few days later. Typical questions: why did I want to work at H&M? What was I studying in school? Past work experiences? Pretty standard stuff. It's a retail job so just have a great attitude and wear something cool. Got an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example when you were working with another employee who wasn't putting in their fare share of work, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for H&M

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at H&M.

Had a phone interview then was told to go in store for an in person interview. The interview was relaxed and wasn't difficult. I was told that I would receive a call after they finish my background check but I never got a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Would you want to move up the ladder (corporate) at H&M in the future?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&M in September 2014.

I was a candidate with over 5 years of retail experience and managerial experience. I wanted to go to H&M because I couldn't handle being a full time manager and a full time student. However I wasn't offered a job, maybe because I asked for too much ? ($11/h) or my school schedule, or what I think was the feedback that one of my teammates left me at the end of the group interview.

I applied online earlier this month of September 2014. I then got emailed to set up a phone interview, then a one-on-one interview and then a group interview. I'll discuss each individually

Phone Interview: Pretty basic interview questions such as "Why H&M", "When have you provided exceptional customer service and why", "When have you gave feedback to a coworker or corrected his matakes" etc. Easy.

One-on-One Interview: Very similar questions to the phone interview. The lady was very sweet and nice and told me that they are looking to change the entire H&M because they realized that their customer service isn't very good. As soon as the interview was over she told me to come in the following week for a second group interview. Easy.

Group Interview: This was an interactive interview to see how you would work in the store. It was very interactive and some even extremely difficult. I had never seen an H&M worker work that hard and I shop at H&M frequently. I won't say what the activities were because they kindly asked not to disclose them.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at H&M.

Gave my resume in store, and received a call a week later. First interview was via phone. Second interview was pretty much the same questions but one on one. And third interview was more detailed and asked for my driver license and such for a background check.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what I thought of the store's layout, it was kind of clunky and crowded.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at H&M.

I applied online and didn't hear back for 3 weeks. Finally I got an email from recruitment about a job fair at the store so I went to that and had a quick interview with an HR person. After that I received a call about a week later to come interview with the store manager. I was offered a job on the spot. The whole process took a little over a month.

Interview Questions

I received a job offer from another company that I took instead, but I wish I stayed with H&M!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&M.

There was a total of 3 interviews; phone, main manager and for some odd reason I was called back again to interview with another manager. I accepted the job the pay was well

No negotiations

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at H&M.

got excited to work with the team

Interview Questions
    • most diificult part is when they ask about experiences   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waldorf, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waldorf, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&M in August 2013.

I spoke with the store manager about a job. She gave me an application. I filled it out and came in for a interview the same day. Waited for a my background to clear before I got the job offer. Stay on them, because some managers are not organized, They'll forget.

Interview Questions
    Non-negotiable but Transfer comes with a raise based on cost-of-living, that is negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at H&M in March 2013.

4 times interview, background check, and than gave me the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&M in August 2012.

You apply online or in store, wait for you phone screening from a manager. If you past, they schedule a interview on the phone with you. Then you'll have a second interview with the store manager.