H&M Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.6

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Towson, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M.

Walked in the store and asked if they were hiring/had an application. Filled out app in the mall and dropped it off shortly thereafter. Made a follow up call a few days later and spoke with a manager who sort of gave me an unofficial interview to go over work experience. We set up an interview from there a few days later. Typical questions: why did I want to work at H&M? What was I studying in school? Past work experiences? Pretty standard stuff. It's a retail job so just have a great attitude and wear something cool. Got an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example when you were working with another employee who wasn't putting in their fare share of work, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for H&M

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at H&M.

Had a phone interview then was told to go in store for an in person interview. The interview was relaxed and wasn't difficult. I was told that I would receive a call after they finish my background check but I never got a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Would you want to move up the ladder (corporate) at H&M in the future?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M in July 2012.

Submit application and resume online, then there is a phone call with basic questions asking about availability and brief previous experience. H&M requires open availability on weekends. If company is interested, they schedule an in person interview. There can multiple in person interviews and you usually are with two people, one being a member of management. At any point in time these in person interviews can turn into a job offer. If not, the company's HR department will contact you via email that you did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • All interviews can be different since its based on which store and who is conducting the interview but large volumes stores will ask detail questions about how you manage you time and how you would problem solve different in store situations.   Answer Question
    Little room for negotiation at this level.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waldorf, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waldorf, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M in August 2013.

I spoke with the store manager about a job. She gave me an application. I filled it out and came in for a interview the same day. Waited for a my background to clear before I got the job offer. Stay on them, because some managers are not organized, They'll forget.

Interview Questions
    Non-negotiable but Transfer comes with a raise based on cost-of-living, that is negotiable.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at H&M.

Gave my resume in store, and received a call a week later. First interview was via phone. Second interview was pretty much the same questions but one on one. And third interview was more detailed and asked for my driver license and such for a background check.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what I thought of the store's layout, it was kind of clunky and crowded.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at H&M.

I applied online and didn't hear back for 3 weeks. Finally I got an email from recruitment about a job fair at the store so I went to that and had a quick interview with an HR person. After that I received a call about a week later to come interview with the store manager. I was offered a job on the spot. The whole process took a little over a month.

Interview Questions

I received a job offer from another company that I took instead, but I wish I stayed with H&M!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M.

There was a total of 3 interviews; phone, main manager and for some odd reason I was called back again to interview with another manager. I accepted the job the pay was well

No negotiations

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at H&M.

got excited to work with the team

Interview Questions
    • most diificult part is when they ask about experiences   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online - interviewed at H&M in July 2012.

Excessively long and unnecessary interview process. Took 3 interviews and months before I was actually hired. Got misleading information several times and was given the run around for weeks at a time. The whole process was just unnecessarily long and inefficient. They made it very difficult on me to get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do I choose to apply at H&M. What do I find different about them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at H&M in March 2013.

4 times interview, background check, and than gave me the offer.

Worked for H&M? Contribute to the Community!