H&M Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Nothing too elaborate. The usual questions were asked. The interview was held in the surrounding area outside of the store. The interviewer was a friendly person and did not ask too many questions other than the basic stuff such as why do you want to work here and do you have any previous experience that may help you excel at this job

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for H&M

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H&M (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

The freaking application was the hardest part. Part of the application was dealing with math analogies and word associations. The math part I could understand, but some of it was not related to the retail field; like how long a car is worth after depreciation of 20 years. And the word associations were from some words I have never even heard of.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

They called me the same day I applied and I had a phone screening and I past it which lead to them setting up a interview with me . That day I realized it was a group interview which I was not prepared for because I don't do well in front of crowd's but any who the lady took 4 of us into the room and asked us questions about ourselves and how we would deal with situations and that was it she said she would contact us via email if we got the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a rude customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&M (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

There is a phone interview then group interview were were you do activities and they test your communication skills . They want to see how well you work and Interact with others. Then they do a background check. then you wait a week and if they call you interview with the manger at the store you applied at

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at H&M   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, they start you with 9.80

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Interview was very simple. Just dress fashionably and be yourself and you'll nail it. -Interview was tailored more about who I am and wanted to see if I would be a good fit to their company.

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&M (Stockton, CA).

Interview

I submitted my application online and was contacted a week later. The interview process was fast. She asked me a few behavior questions and had me sign background check papers.

Interview Questions

• What are you expecting from H&M if you were to work here.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, NJ

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at H&M (Riverside, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

i went to an H&M social event and got an interview there, it was pretty approachable and comfortable! It was only basic questions with regards to my interest in the job and my current situation, as well as questions about my past jobs and how I interacted with clients in both of those positions. Overall, it was definitely a pleasant experience and I felt pretty at-ease after I left.

Interview Questions

• Whether I could go out of state for training--I said yes, since I think I could manage if the situation called for it, but it threw me for a loop   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&M (Towson, MD).

Interview

Walked in the store and asked if they were hiring/had an application. Filled out app in the mall and dropped it off shortly thereafter. Made a follow up call a few days later and spoke with a manager who sort of gave me an unofficial interview to go over work experience. We set up an interview from there a few days later. Typical questions: why did I want to work at H&M? What was I studying in school? Past work experiences? Pretty standard stuff. It's a retail job so just have a great attitude and wear something cool. Got an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you were working with another employee who wasn't putting in their fare share of work, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at H&M (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Had a phone interview then was told to go in store for an in person interview. The interview was relaxed and wasn't difficult. I was told that I would receive a call after they finish my background check but I never got a call back.

Interview Questions

• Would you want to move up the ladder (corporate) at H&M in the future?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&M in September 2014.

Interview

I was a candidate with over 5 years of retail experience and managerial experience. I wanted to go to H&M because I couldn't handle being a full time manager and a full time student. However I wasn't offered a job, maybe because I asked for too much ? ($11/h) or my school schedule, or what I think was the feedback that one of my teammates left me at the end of the group interview. I applied online earlier this month of September 2014. I then got emailed to set up a phone interview, then a one-on-one interview and then a group interview. I'll discuss each individually Phone Interview: Pretty basic interview questions such as "Why H&M", "When have you provided exceptional customer service and why", "When have you gave feedback to a coworker or corrected his matakes" etc. Easy. One-on-One Interview: Very similar questions to the phone interview. The lady was very sweet and nice and told me that they are looking to change the entire H&M because they realized that their customer service isn't very good. As soon as the interview was over she told me to come in the following week for a second group interview. Easy. Group Interview: This was an interactive interview to see how you would work in the store. It was very interactive and some even extremely difficult. I had never seen an H&M worker work that hard and I shop at H&M frequently. I won't say what the activities were because they kindly asked not to disclose them.