H&M

Updated Oct 20, 2014

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at H&M in September 2011.

3 step process

1. Phone screen- General questions regarding availability, work experience and compensation history/expectations. Knowledge of the company and expectations of the position if given the opportunity.

2. In person interview- Standard management interview detailing history of experience and how it will relate to the new position. Exposure to aspects such as HR, sales, commerciality, budgeting and team leadership. Be detailed and ask questions relevant to the position. This interview is for you to make the best case for yourself, also is where you will find out if the position is truly YOU! Be sure to ask about training and travel, because it will most likely be required for hire. Do your research on the position, having standing knowledge of the company will be helpful and make you stand out.
    * Background check will be completed and required to proceed to next interview.

3. In person/Job offer- This interview will be with a different member of the recruiting/store team, but will cover the same information as in interview #2. If you get called back for a third, you have your foot in the door and keep up the positive attitude and interest level high. Speak to your knowledge and how well you can apply it to H&M.

Interview Questions
    • There really are no surprise questions in this interview. Just know the business and the exceptions and speak to your strengths.   Answer Question
    Negotiation in minimal, because of the companies high base. But give it a try!

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&M in May 2010.

I applied online and received an email of interest about a day or two later asking me to email the HR person back. I did so and a representative called the next day, asked a few questions, and set up an interview for me with a recruitment officer. When I arrived at the interview I filled out a background check release form and filled out basic paper work about myself. The interviewer asked me basic questions about myself, my past experience in retail, a few behavioral questions (such as "what was your biggest challenge in your last place of employment?" and then set up a second interview. The second interview was with a different employee (this time she was the new store manager) and I was asked the same basic questions as before along with more in-depth "what would you do in this situation" questions. I was also asked about being a team player and how I feel about being in a stressful work environment. After asking my own questions at the end I was offered a part-time position and I start work in a few days! THe pay is great, the clothes are great, and everyone I have met so far are wonderful people.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time in which you were unable to motivate yourself to complete a task.   Answer Question
    • How are you able to successfully motivate those around you in your work environment?   Answer Question