H&M Interview Questions in Stockholm, Stockholm

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at H&M.

1. Telephone interview wiht basic HR questions and information about trends.
    2. Interview day at the headquarter. I had 3 different interview, one about my CV, one about fashions and buying skills and 1 about my personality.
    3. The last interview was with a recruiter and a manager on the department. They tested my skills in choosing the right assortment for the online shop and asked some more HR questions about my personality and skills.

Interview Questions
    • How would you put together a group?
      Which item is the bestseller?
      which item would you buy for the next season?

Business Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&M in March 2014.

I was a participant at an interview day. it started of with a one on one interview where they asked about what shaped me as a kid, my interests and CV related questions. Then we went on to case solutions, where there were 5 different cases. the first was what three advices would you give our CEO, then there were two numerical cases, pretty basic. After that we got a plan over a h&m store and we had to give our input on how it could look better. Lastly strategic case question. After the case session we had a group interview where questions like what are you most proud of? what has been hurdle in your life that you have overcome? what was your favorite subject at uni? and least favorite and why? They were very nice and welcoming. Moving on there were some tests, like numerical and logical and after that interviews one on one again with a bc.

Interview Questions
    • three advices to our CEO. A cardigan is 299, we can lower it to 249 and then we will get a discount at the dealer with 20% so the new buying price will be 150. how much do we have to sell to break even and should we make the deal?   Answer Question

Business Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at H&M in January 2014.

The hiring process took nearly 3 months. Applied for the job at the end of October and got the final interview in mid-January. It was composed of 5 steps:

1. Telephone interview with HR (30 min): basic questions such as "Why H&M?", "What should be the main strength of a BC?", "What is a BC at H&M?",...

2. 3 capacity tests: one numerical test (basic maths), one logical test (quite simple) and one test dealing with a stressful situation (emails to answer)

3. 3 30-minute interviews at the head office: a personality one, a CV one and a "live cases" one
    - personality interview: with HR, going a bit deeper in your motivation and your fit with the job and with the values of H&M, "main strengths?", example of situation in which you had a leader role, your dealing with different work situation (conflict, not able to meet deadlines, etc...)
    - CV interview: with 2 BCs, about your previous work experiences
    - Live cases: with a BC, questions like "How many pieces do a H&M store sell per day?", "3 advices to CEO", "how to best improve sales?" and cases with numbers

4. EQ and personality tests + interview with an external supplier (not H&M employees) to discuss results

5. Final interview with Head of Controlling + a Division Controller: a bit informal, with global questions such as "what are your plan if you get this job?", "what is the role of a BC?", ...

Interview Questions
    • I did not find it was a tough hiring process, each recruiter was really friendly and the questions asked were quite "easy" to answer with a good preparation before.
      What struck me the most was the negative answer at the end of the recruitment process !
      The recruiter told me I did not have enough work experience, I found this reason a bit weak, but there is a lot of competition !

Business Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at H&M.

1. Phone interview - HR questions, what are your strengths, weaknesses, why H&M, why retail, etc.
    2. Assessment day at HQ - 3 different interviews - (1) HR interview again, more specific about how you work in different situations or in a group etc (2) CV interview, go through your academic and professional background (3) Case interview, ex. How many T-shirts do one store sell per day, Give three advices to our CEO.
    3. Interview with CFO

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online – interviewed at H&M.

Had a phone interview that was quite easy and then I was called to an interview day at the head office. The day went well and I got to see three differnet people for three short interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about future trends, that was quite difficult since I wanted to think about trends that would concern H&M.   Answer Question

The salary was very low and I received a more attractive offer somewhere else.

Women's Footwear Designer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at H&M in August 2013.

1. sent in portfolio (shoes, clothes, furniture)
    2. was asked for telephone interview
    3. during telephone interview I was asked to draw an entire footwear collection "quickly"
    (obviously this is not done quickly as you want to come up with a good concept...)
    4. got an email the process is on hold due to summer holidays
    5. 2 weeks later I was invited for a personal interview in Stockholm
    6. was sent an email to research into the H&M footwear collection, what H&M could do to sell more, how to improve their shoe assortment
    7. three days before the interview I was sent another email asking me to draw the SS footwear collection 2014
    8. personal interview, was told I would hear from them in 2 weeks the latest
    9. after 3 weeks of not hearing from them, I called them and they said "oh, HR should have contacted you, you didn't get the job unfortunately".

Interview Questions
    • - they were very keen to find out why the H&M footwear is not selling well in my country...
      - what will be trend in fall 2014

Summer Internship (Business Controller) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at H&M in March 2013.

Overall very satisfied with the recruitment process from initial communication to final offer.

After submitting cover letter and resume, I was invited to further assessment and was given the choice to book one out of two available dates. I would estimate that around 25-30 people was invited to each assessment day.

After being greeted with a welcome presentation, us applicants were split into groups of 3-5 (?). There were then three different stages; personal interview, group interview, group case.

The personal interview was brief, around 10 minutes with an HR person asking typical resume questions.

The group interview was a little bit longer were the interviewers asked the group questions such as "what is your proudest moment?". Each applicant then took turns answering.

The group case was conducted by the interviewer asking an analytical question on which us applicants then crunched the numbers until we knew the answer. When finished with the answer you laid down your pen and silently notified the interviewer that you were done. When all 3-5 applicants were done, the interviewer asked us each for the answer and our reasoning. In this stage, there were 5-6 questions in total. Guesstimates should be expected.

Interview Questions
    • How many white men's t-shirts does H&M sell every year?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at H&M in February 2012.

Applied online and got an email a week later saying that I was welcome to attend an assessment day.

The assessment day consisted of three parts; one-on-one interview (15 minutes), case solving (45 minutes) and group interview (45 minutes).

Both the case solving and group interview was done in groups of three. The interview questions were pretty straight-forward and the case questions weren't too difficult either. Half of the case questions were solved together with the other 2 candidates, while the other half were to be solved individually.

Interview Questions
    • Have your parents influenced your choice of education?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online – interviewed at H&M in April 2010.

I was applying for a part-time sales advisor, more like a "fill-in" for when the stores need extra people. There were many who were applying so there were many interviews going on at once, but no group interview. There are two people asking you questions. I feel like the interview questions were pretty easy overall.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me among other things to talk about myself, where I'd like to be in a couple of years, what I know about H&M, etc. The hardest question was something like if I wanted to change something in a store, what would it be? Since I was quite unexperienced and quite nervous it was hard for me to answer that, but I guess I came up with something   Answer Question