H&R Block Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Nov 30, 2014
Updated Nov 30, 2014

2.0

Client Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block (Boston, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview was really long.It was mostly questions to see how one will act in certain situations with regards to customer. Took almost an hour to complete interview. Ask a little background information about myself and wanted to make sure I was able to complete the tasks assigned. They sent me an email stating they were not going to continue with my application then called me and made an offer to an office that would be of better convenience for me. Paper work for employment is all done online.

Interview Questions

• How would reassure a customer who is angry and you don't know the answer to his question or what he is asking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.They basically send you an offer letter that says how much your salary is going to be.

Client Service Professional Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block (Boston, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

Too lengthy for seasonal position, on line application and survey took 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. All related to customer service, team work, work habits and personality traits.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did negotiate, but understand not typical. Local manager was primary reason for small increase in pay scale.

Client Service Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block (Tewksbury, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview process is long and too much training for a simple job. I feel I was interogated by one of the tax preparers in that office. I am not interested in going back to work forvthat office.

Interview Questions

Looking for a permanent fullmtime position, not seasonal

Receptionist/Tax Associate Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at H&R Block (Dover, NH) in December 2011.

Interview

I took a class for 3 months prior to interviewing with H & R Block. The Tax Professional (Enrolled Agent) who taught the class was professional and knowledgeable. The Franchise owners use your experience in the course as well as an interview to decide whether or not to bring you on board their team. So far, I've been very happy!

Tax Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at H&R Block (Plymouth, MA) in September 2011.

Interview

Every year you must reapply with your district manager and go over your results from the prior year. It is a very informal interview, as long as they want you back and you want to go back

Interview Questions

• Why do you think your retention wasn't as high as prior years?   Answer Question

Client Service Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&R Block (Cambridge, MA) in December 2010.

Interview

It is a one on one interview. She had a list of questions and asked me 11 questions. And then she asked me if I had any questions for her. No difficult questions. Then she asked me to do the online assessment. I did it and passed it. She offered me.

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at H&R Block (Boston, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

First interview occurred in a Tax Preparation course conducted by a Tax Specialist with over 20 years experience.