H&R Block

Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.0

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Client Service Professional Interview

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block.

There will be one interview. FIRST IMPRESSION IS BEST! speak very professionally, like you've worked at H & R Block before. do your research. women (cross your legs, wear a skirt and blazer) Men (you always look nice in a suit) its not hard at all just want you to stick out from THE OTHERS (especially if your interviewing in DC)

Interview Questions
  • 3 years ago I got this unexpected question.
    How do someone know if you are listening to them?
    Repeat back what they said to you.
      View Answer
signing documents that is difficult, comes to your email.
you'll have 1 or a couple of days for training.
you'll have dress rehersal then you GO TO WORK!

Other Interview Reviews for H&R Block

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lithonia, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lithonia, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at H&R Block in January 2014.

Usually you'll interview in the office you'll work in. The interviewer will be the office manager. They'll tell you how they run their office and what a CSP actually does in their office. There are a few general questions asked. They are mostly concerned with your customer resolution and retention skills.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a disguntle customer as well as a impatient tax preparer both needing your attention at the same time?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block in December 2013.

Got an e-mail on a Friday from District Manager asking when I could come in for an interview. Replied saying the following Monday afternoon would work. The interview was too easy. I talked a bit about my experience and the Manager came back at me with basic interview questions anyone could have answered competently if they were thinking. Example: "What did you like/dislike about the job?" The interview was a pure formality at that point as the manager knew I was qualified enough to do the work. Accepted their offer and started the on-boarding process which uses a temporary account; when your done there, you need a permanent account. Many people, including myself got snagged with problems in gaining account access. Don't waste your time like I did, trying to get help from account services at the corporate headquarters. Talk to your branch manager, if you know who it'll be, for help.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were simple and not a problem.   View Answer
    No negotiation. You take their offer or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block in December 2013.

Too lengthy for seasonal position, on line application and survey took 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. All related to customer service, team work, work habits and personality traits.   Answer Question
    I did negotiate, but understand not typical. Local manager was primary reason for small increase in pay scale.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at H&R Block in January 2013.

Easy interview. Let them know if you are a student and be confident. You will work with all kinds of people therefore; you must be a people person! At the interview, your interviewer will ask you what locations you will like to work at. Just let them know your availability and take your job seriously by being properly dressed.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block in January 2013.

I was one of the lucky ones. I guess they needed a Spanish speaker right away since the office was located in predominantly Latino community. I applied online and received an email from a district manager to see if I was interested in a job so we could set up an interview. I said yes but no interview actually happened. Either they were desperate or my resume was pretty decent that they trusted my abilities. She pushed my application forward and went through the application process which was all done online and through the phone. Then I received a call from the office manager and she told me when to show up for my first day and that was it. I think there is a formal training we have to go through but I was informally trained on the spot on my first day. It is a pretty easy job so I don't think it's necessary.

Client Service Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at H&R Block in December 2012.

Applied online and completed a web questionnaire with typical questions (i.e. "I like to work in groups - Strongly Agree, Agree, Neutral, Disagree, Strongly Disagree") Received a phone call to schedule a face-to-face interview at the training office. She was a wonderfully nice lady who asked important questions that give you insight on the type of job you will be doing. She told me right away that she would like to extend an offer for employment and what the pay would be like, and I signed all my employment documents (I-9, etc) within the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have to manage group.   View Answer
    Little negotiation. They offered me more than minimum wage, and I was happy with that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at H&R Block in December 2012.

Very Friendly; They like you to have some experience with appointment setting, banking and customer service

Interview Questions
    • Role playing on how I would answer the phone; The interviewer pretended to be a customer that was complaining and wanted to know if she could have all the prices of H&R Blocks' services. Without knowing how much they charged myself, I had to make up the services and prices.   View Answer
    Initially, after I applied online, they sent an email back saying that I had to go to a site to set up my own interview. it was a pain because there was never any interviews available at the office that I apllied for. I had to send Human Resources multiple emails asking how to get an interview set up. After a 2 months of checking the site they told me to go to to set up the interview, they sent me an email back saying that all the positions had been filled. This wasn't true because within 2 weeks after that, I received a phone call from the local office to schedule the interview. Keep after them to get an interview. Also, they were interviewing a lot of us at the same time, so you had to wait to be called.

Client Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at H&R Block in December 2012.

- seasonal position
    - why do you want to work here?
    - explain a situation where you and a coworker had a disagreement and how you solved it?
    - how you handled a bad customer?
    - have you ever worked in taxes before?

no negotiation
    -$10/HR

Client Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block in November 2012.

I applied online after hearing from an employee that they were hiring. About a week later I was emailed to schedule an interview online. The only options were an hour drive away and in about two weeks time. The employee I had heard about the position from told me they were also doing interviews at the local office so I walked in for an interview that day without an appointment. It was a mass hiring event for the tax season. Interview lasted about 15-20mins was very quick with standard questions. About two weeks later I got a rejection email.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you went above and beyond to help a coworker.   Answer Question