H&R Block

Updated Feb 3, 2015
Updated Feb 3, 2015

2.0

Client Service Professional Interview

The interview process was quite simple. It was more about getting to know me and how I interact with people. Very little questions about my experience. I was hired on the spot and sent to training on another site.

Other Interview Reviews for H&R Block

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block in December 2014.

The hiring process is fairly easy. Initially you're called into an office and you'll have your interview with a manager from that office although that may not be the office you'll be assigned to work at. They really just ask questions about your past work experience and why you would be a great addition to the company whether it be a seasonal position or even just a temporary job. If you get through the interview, you wait to hear from the District Manager which office you'll be assigned to along with your start date.

Interview Questions
    • They'll have you present how you would take a call.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at H&R Block in October 2014.

Very easy interview with manager no difficulty really easy. Just dress professional and relate stories customer based. Go in with great expectations and its only seasonal last until april

None

Client Service Professional Interview

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block.

There will be one interview. FIRST IMPRESSION IS BEST! speak very professionally, like you've worked at H & R Block before. do your research. women (cross your legs, wear a skirt and blazer) Men (you always look nice in a suit) its not hard at all just want you to stick out from THE OTHERS (especially if your interviewing in DC)

Interview Questions
    • 3 years ago I got this unexpected question.
      How do someone know if you are listening to them?
      Repeat back what they said to you.

View Answer
    signing documents that is difficult, comes to your email.
    you'll have 1 or a couple of days for training.
    you'll have dress rehersal then you GO TO WORK!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lithonia, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lithonia, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at H&R Block in January 2014.

Usually you'll interview in the office you'll work in. The interviewer will be the office manager. They'll tell you how they run their office and what a CSP actually does in their office. There are a few general questions asked. They are mostly concerned with your customer resolution and retention skills.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a disguntle customer as well as a impatient tax preparer both needing your attention at the same time?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block in December 2013.

Got an e-mail on a Friday from District Manager asking when I could come in for an interview. Replied saying the following Monday afternoon would work. The interview was too easy. I talked a bit about my experience and the Manager came back at me with basic interview questions anyone could have answered competently if they were thinking. Example: "What did you like/dislike about the job?" The interview was a pure formality at that point as the manager knew I was qualified enough to do the work. Accepted their offer and started the on-boarding process which uses a temporary account; when your done there, you need a permanent account. Many people, including myself got snagged with problems in gaining account access. Don't waste your time like I did, trying to get help from account services at the corporate headquarters. Talk to your branch manager, if you know who it'll be, for help.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were simple and not a problem.   View Answer
    No negotiation. You take their offer or not.

Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block in December 2013.

Interview process is long and too much training for a simple job. I feel I was interogated by one of the tax preparers in that office. I am not interested in going back to work forvthat office.

Interview Questions

Looking for a permanent fullmtime position, not seasonal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block in December 2013.

Too lengthy for seasonal position, on line application and survey took 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. All related to customer service, team work, work habits and personality traits.   Answer Question
    I did negotiate, but understand not typical. Local manager was primary reason for small increase in pay scale.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at H&R Block in January 2013.

Easy interview. Let them know if you are a student and be confident. You will work with all kinds of people therefore; you must be a people person! At the interview, your interviewer will ask you what locations you will like to work at. Just let them know your availability and take your job seriously by being properly dressed.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block in January 2013.

I was one of the lucky ones. I guess they needed a Spanish speaker right away since the office was located in predominantly Latino community. I applied online and received an email from a district manager to see if I was interested in a job so we could set up an interview. I said yes but no interview actually happened. Either they were desperate or my resume was pretty decent that they trusted my abilities. She pushed my application forward and went through the application process which was all done online and through the phone. Then I received a call from the office manager and she told me when to show up for my first day and that was it. I think there is a formal training we have to go through but I was informally trained on the spot on my first day. It is a pretty easy job so I don't think it's necessary.