H&R Block Customer Service Professional Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

2.0

Customer Service Professional Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

Three office managers sat down three of us and asked us how we would deal with an angry customer. Very brief, basically they just want to know you can interact with people professionally. 10-15 minutes was all it took for the three of us. In my particular case, there was also a brief questionnaire, as they were also looking to hire Office Marketing Assistants out of the group. They gave us a one-pager with questions like "what is your personal brand". This section is totally separate from getting the CSP job, however.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with an angry customer in the past?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for H&R Block

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at H&R Block (Plano, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview questions were mostly about customer service. The pay was the same as last year, they said it was not negotiable for seasonal CSP. I was asked about being willing to do some marketing work for that specific store I was being hired to work for. I said I would do that if I could get extra hours plus some more money. They said yes, I could get $1.00 more per hour and it would mean 6 to 10 more hours a week. I was happy. Then I went to the first staff meeting and was introduced to the person who was also a part time CSP and told that she was going to be doing marketing a few hours a week. Seriously? What happened to me? Well, apparently she knows somebody because someone told the store manager that SHE was the person they would have for extra marketing hours. Can you guess that I am mad about that?! Why couldnt HR Block manager that hired me give me the courtesy to tell me ahead of time? I was counting on that since they dont schedule more than 20 hours a week. Oh well. Complaining isnt going to get me more hours, thats for sure.

Customer Service Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at H&R Block in December 2014.

Interview

Timeline from submitting resume in September till interview was longer than ad detailed. It said interviews were to begin in November, no one I talked to interviewed earlier than December. Interview was pretty simple, they had a printout of specific questions that they asked and jotted down responses. All "on-boarding" was done online and without guidance from a representative of the company. Offer letter was buried in a mountain of virtual paperwork.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty run of the mill, nothing to challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, you did not meet with a person about offer or to complete paperwork.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at H&R Block (Portland, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by two of the local office managers at the district office and they were both professional, relaxed and friendly. They had a set list of questions on a pre-prepared form (informational & behavioral), one asked the questions, the other took notes on it, and then they gave me time to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle challenging clients? Give us an example of how you've handled one in the past.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simpsonville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at H&R Block (Simpsonville, SC) in November 2014.

Interview

A meeting was scheduled and lasted for about twenty minutes. Questions were asked such as: why had I applied, what did I expect from the position, what type of pay was I expecting. I was also briefed on what the job position entailed, schedule, and training. Overall, it was a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• General questions regarding previous experience in customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&R Block (Rochester, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I completed an application on line. A week later was called for an interview and was hired on the spot. I then had to take a 8 hour training Skills to Win. Once everything was confirmed. I started working on 1/8/2015.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block (Lansing, MI) in December 2013.

Interview

I filled out the application online and received a call within a few weeks for a face-to-face interview. People were very nice, asked questions like what can you bring to our table to get us more customers, describe a time you helped out your coworkers, describe a time you had a difficult boss. Pretty basic questions. They asked my availability and described how the training would go and when it would start. Not a very stressful interview.

Interview Questions

• None really difficult, if you have been to a few interviews, you have heard them before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they do not need to hire people with experience.

Customer Service Professional Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at H&R Block in December 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is really computer centered and is carried out through the home office online. Once you put in for a position, you will be contacted by HR via email to take an online personality test. This test can take up to an hour. If you pass this personality test then a back ground test if conducted by the company. Once the background test is completed and the personality test is passed, you will receive notification via email as to whether on not you qualify for the position. You are then emailed an offer letter with the rate of pay. You will then receive an email instructing you to come to a District meeting where you will go through an orientation process that will last approximately a week.

Negotiation

The pay rate was not negotiable. It was straight forward $9 per hour offer. Take it or leave it.

Customer Service Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

They start hiring in December and give you training the last week of the year or first week in the new year for tax season. The hiring process after the interview is a series of emails, background testing etc., if your information doesn't come before testing it's hard to get paid for training because they dont accept your I-9 information until after the background check. I had my training in December and didn't get paid until the last week in Feburary.

Interview Questions

• Easy interview if you don't have alot of experience this is the place for you. The pay is so low, high turn over rate each year and you can get unemployment after tax season. Be sure to smile at the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, you are told of the rate. Peak season is fast and busy try to get as much hours as possible after that they cut your hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Clair Shores, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block (Saint Clair Shores, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

The application process was very detailed. The application process was done on-line. The hiring process was done primarily on-line and by e-mail confirmation. The interview process was conducted by a panel of three persons. Important to bring all documentation to the H.R. Processing Session. During the application process you were asked to select up to three desired work locations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A