H&R Block

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in June 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through an on line process. They accepted and asked me to come into the field office for an interview. I interviewed with two different for about 45 minutes each. Typical why do you want to work for Block, what can you offer us questions. They got back to me with an offer that was not very high but better than some other places I have worked at.

Interview Question – Do you see yourself with this company in five years? How about 10 years? What do you think Block can provide you to make you stay that long?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – One offer. Not negotiable. Take it or leave it.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in September 2010.

Interview Details – I originally filled out an application online and then I got a phone call asking me a few questions to further qualify me, I guess. After that a more formal interview was scheduled in an office. For next year's rehire the process had changed and 3 people interviewed me instead of just one.

Interview Question – There really wasn't anything that surprised me or stumped me. Just your usual type of interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview Details – Interview was easy and casual . Typical questions: what is your work style , tell me about what you doa t your current job

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. They sent an email with salary offer

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&R Block in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied and submitted my resume through their website for a tax position but I received an email for a CSR position offer instead. Its a temporary position and $9/hr. So the pay is very low but I confirmed the interview with them anyway since i really want a job asap. I came to the interview on time and prepared but the person who supposed to interview me never showed up. So one of the employees at the office interviewed me instead. She was really nice and the interview was very casual. No hard questions. After the interview, she told me I would received an email response from them the next two days but I never did and its been over two weeks. This experience left me a very bad impression of their company. They seem very unorganized, unprepared and unprofessional to my surprise. I would not apply or take any job offers from them in the future.

Interview Question – No hard questions. The most difficult question was name "one weakness and one strength about yourself"   Answer Question

Midvale, UT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at H&R Block in December 2010.

Interview Details – Easy questions, mostly behavioral, experience using the phone.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, 9 per hour

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview Details – Applied on-line at company website. Received an email inviting me to a local HRB store for an interview. It was a group interview. They began by telling us the salary saying once people heard that they left. The salary was $8.00 an hour. After the group introduction comments, the two interviewers interviewed each candidate individually. The questions were very easy and basic, following a script. They made it easy to do, probably happy someone was interested after hearing about the pay.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. I received a phone call a few days later with a job offer. The interviewer pointed out the pay was now more, at $9.00 an hour - probably because some states had raised their minimum wage and they are matching that. You then have 2 days of training, but pay is less at the state's true minimum wage, some states are around $7.00. There is a "dress rehearsal" training day before you start so you try out everything at a store. Hours to work that you are given are way less than seasonal full-time. It is even less than part-time, some weeks only 5 hours, apparently so HRB can keep costs down and stay below the limit for unemployment when the seasonal work ends.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – See above.

Interviews for Top Jobs at H&R Block

Worked for H&R Block? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at H&R Block Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by H&R Block employees and interview candidates.