H&R Block Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.0

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block.

I applied online. I got a call about a month later to interview. Most interview questions involved things like "Tell me about yourself," "What made you apply for this position," What experiences have you had that would benefit in this job?" The interview process was relatively short and easy. I ended up getting an offer of a "scholarship" for their tax course to become a Tax Pro which they claimed normally costs $199. (But not completely free as I would have to buy my books for $200). They weren't clear about the odds of getting a job with them or any guarantee of it. I'm still trying to figure out if this is something that would be worth taking or if it is simply a way for H&R Block to make easy money off of people like me. Overall though the two people I spoke with were very nice and I felt good about the interview other than the vague description of Classes that would be "free", oh except $200 for books. That's not really free is it.

Other Interview Reviews for H&R Block

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block.

Interview was easy and casual . Typical questions: what is your work style , tell me about what you doa t your current job

no negotiation. They sent an email with salary offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&R Block in January 2013.

I applied and submitted my resume through their website for a tax position but I received an email for a CSR position offer instead. Its a temporary position and $9/hr. So the pay is very low but I confirmed the interview with them anyway since i really want a job asap. I came to the interview on time and prepared but the person who supposed to interview me never showed up. So one of the employees at the office interviewed me instead. She was really nice and the interview was very casual. No hard questions. After the interview, she told me I would received an email response from them the next two days but I never did and its been over two weeks. This experience left me a very bad impression of their company. They seem very unorganized, unprepared and unprofessional to my surprise. I would not apply or take any job offers from them in the future.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions. The most difficult question was name "one weakness and one strength about yourself"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midvale, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midvale, UT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at H&R Block in December 2010.

Easy questions, mostly behavioral, experience using the phone.

no negotiation, 9 per hour

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block in September 2010.

I originally filled out an application online and then I got a phone call asking me a few questions to further qualify me, I guess. After that a more formal interview was scheduled in an office. For next year's rehire the process had changed and 3 people interviewed me instead of just one.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't anything that surprised me or stumped me. Just your usual type of interview questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block in June 2010.

Submitted resume through an on line process. They accepted and asked me to come into the field office for an interview. I interviewed with two different for about 45 minutes each. Typical why do you want to work for Block, what can you offer us questions. They got back to me with an offer that was not very high but better than some other places I have worked at.

Interview Questions
    • Do you see yourself with this company in five years? How about 10 years? What do you think Block can provide you to make you stay that long?   View Answer
    One offer. Not negotiable. Take it or leave it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block.

Applied on-line at company website. Received an email inviting me to a local HRB store for an interview. It was a group interview. They began by telling us the salary saying once people heard that they left. The salary was $8.00 an hour. After the group introduction comments, the two interviewers interviewed each candidate individually. The questions were very easy and basic, following a script. They made it easy to do, probably happy someone was interested after hearing about the pay.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. I received a phone call a few days later with a job offer. The interviewer pointed out the pay was now more, at $9.00 an hour - probably because some states had raised their minimum wage and they are matching that. You then have 2 days of training, but pay is less at the state's true minimum wage, some states are around $7.00. There is a "dress rehearsal" training day before you start so you try out everything at a store. Hours to work that you are given are way less than seasonal full-time. It is even less than part-time, some weeks only 5 hours, apparently so HRB can keep costs down and stay below the limit for unemployment when the seasonal work ends.   Answer Question
    See above.