H&R Block

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was professional and detailed. The questions were around the behavorioral process. I am friends with the Regional Manager so it was easy. I side stepped a lot of what would normally been required.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you dealt with a difficult leader? What was the situation and the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very professional and simple

Whittier, CA

I applied online - interviewed at H&R Block in March 2014.

Interview Details – You must complete an online application. I got an e-mail asking for my resume and what time to interview. The interview was 45 minutes with two current District Managers. The questions were scripted and fairly easy to anticipate. Such as: Give an example when you were able to increase revenue. What did you do? What do you dislike about your current job? How do you hold your staff accountable? How would you handle an upset customer? What would you do if an employee was not meeting expectations?

Interview Question – The question about what do I not like about my current job was tough. I was afraid I might say the wrong thing.   Answer Question

District Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&R Block in November 2010.

Interview Details – Depending on whether you apply or have been recruited it will make a difference on how many interviews you go through. Initially there will be at least 1 phone interview, 1 Screening interview and then a panel interview. Interview question are 100% Behavior Based. Tell me about a time....

Interview Question – There were no curveball type questions that I recall as most were pretty much text book type business based behavioral questions. You can look them up on almost any interview website.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not need to negotiate I was given what I asked for in my first offer.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Los Angeles, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in April 2008.

Interview Details – 1st- Submit resume online
2nd- If HR is interested, you are selected to complete an internal application and recruiter will verify eligibility
3rd- You are contact by the recruiter for a phone interview
4th- You move on to a face to face interview with the Regional Director
5th- You're notified if you've been selected for the position

Negotiation Details – N/A

District Manager

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in October 2011.

Interview Details – First, you go through a screening phone interview with a recruiter. The next step was going through a panel interview consisting of RD, HR and DM. They utilized the STAR method type of interview. I then did a ride-along with the training manager. From there, a phone interview with RVP.

Interview Question – Can you tell me about a time when you had to deliver difficult news to your team?   Answer Question

District Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in August 2010.

Interview Details – An HR recruiter will review your application and resume and then conduct a phone screen. Should you pass the phone screen, you are invited to an in-person panel interview, typically with the Regional Director and other managers (DMs or HR Managers). Be prepared for "behavioral interviewing" - the interview questions focus on specific leadership qualities and ask you to provide a specific example of a time when you demonstrated the qualification in your experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you exceeded a customer's expectations. What did you do?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you were not satisfied with your team's performance. Why not? What did you do? What was the result?   Answer Question

District Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at H&R Block in December 2008.

Interview Details – Behavioral based utilizing the star method

District Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in June 2008.

Interview Details – Interviews are behavioural style. Very through.

Interview Question – How do you motivate your staff?   Answer Question

Worked for H&R Block? Contribute to the Community!