H&R Block District Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 2, 2014

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at H&R Block in September 2014.

The interview process took place over a video feed with the Regional Manager and someone from HR who was only connected via phone (sort of a conference call) The interview process took exactly about 1 hour in time using the STAR format looking for "specific" responses in order to gage one's skills and experience dealing with such situation. The person doing most of the questions was the HR rep only bouncing on the Regional every now and then for follow up questions or comments.
All in all the entire interview process was as you would expect for someone interviewing for this position.

Interview Questions
  • There were no difficult or unexpected questions, however, a word of advise for those interviewing, do your homework and do your research in order to help you with the typical "Tell us about yourself" we often take this question for granted.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for H&R Block

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block in June 2014.

The interview process was professional and detailed. The questions were around the behavorioral process. I am friends with the Regional Manager so it was easy. I side stepped a lot of what would normally been required.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you dealt with a difficult leader? What was the situation and the outcome?   Answer Question
    Very professional and simple

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block in March 2014.

You must complete an online application. I got an e-mail asking for my resume and what time to interview. The interview was 45 minutes with two current District Managers. The questions were scripted and fairly easy to anticipate. Such as: Give an example when you were able to increase revenue. What did you do? What do you dislike about your current job? How do you hold your staff accountable? How would you handle an upset customer? What would you do if an employee was not meeting expectations?

Interview Questions
    • The question about what do I not like about my current job was tough. I was afraid I might say the wrong thing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at H&R Block in June 2011.

The interview process was quite lengthy. I first was contacted and interviewed by the Recruiter, then a panel interview of four people. Two DM's, and 2 Regional Directors. After making past that round you are called by the Market Vice President, and finally a final phone call with the Regional HR Director. After that it took an additional week or two to begin the actual hiring process. Overall it wasn't bad.....but it did take a long time. Once they job offered me I had to go through a background check prior to starting. They also hire a third party company to validate your references and employment verification. I believe they also ran a credit check.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that were out of the ordinary. They were mostly behavioral based questions...."tell me about a time when" ETC   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&R Block in November 2010.

Depending on whether you apply or have been recruited it will make a difference on how many interviews you go through. Initially there will be at least 1 phone interview, 1 Screening interview and then a panel interview. Interview question are 100% Behavior Based. Tell me about a time....

Interview Questions
    • There were no curveball type questions that I recall as most were pretty much text book type business based behavioral questions. You can look them up on almost any interview website.   Answer Question
    I did not need to negotiate I was given what I asked for in my first offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at H&R Block in April 2008.

1st- Submit resume online
    2nd- If HR is interested, you are selected to complete an internal application and recruiter will verify eligibility
    3rd- You are contact by the recruiter for a phone interview
    4th- You move on to a face to face interview with the Regional Director
    5th- You're notified if you've been selected for the position

N/A

District Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block in October 2011.

First, you go through a screening phone interview with a recruiter. The next step was going through a panel interview consisting of RD, HR and DM. They utilized the STAR method type of interview. I then did a ride-along with the training manager. From there, a phone interview with RVP.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about a time when you had to deliver difficult news to your team?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block in August 2010.

An HR recruiter will review your application and resume and then conduct a phone screen. Should you pass the phone screen, you are invited to an in-person panel interview, typically with the Regional Director and other managers (DMs or HR Managers). Be prepared for "behavioral interviewing" - the interview questions focus on specific leadership qualities and ask you to provide a specific example of a time when you demonstrated the qualification in your experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you exceeded a customer's expectations. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were not satisfied with your team's performance. Why not? What did you do? What was the result?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at H&R Block in December 2008.

Behavioral based utilizing the star method

District Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block in June 2008.

Interviews are behavioural style. Very through.