H&R Block Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.2

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

Very laid back, asked about myself and described the position. Went over my resume to discuss my background and fit for the position. Followed by an opportunity to ask questions about the positions as well as answer specific questions about myself and ability to perform position duties

Interview Questions

• What are three adjectives you would use to describe yourself   1 Answer

Tax Accountant Interview

Interview

I was so anxious. There were a lot of questions. The interview questions ranged from, "What have you learned from previous jobs that helped prepare you for this opportunity?" and "What did you like/dislike about your last job?" to "Have you ever had to work as part of a group?" and "How would you handle a customer complaint?"

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself? Why did you leave last employer?   Answer Question

District General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Called by recruiter who did initial phone screening. Then a panel interview with human resources (who attended via video link), Regional Manager, and two District Managers (in person). Followed up by a 45 min phone interview with VP. All took place over three weeks time.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all behavioral/situational leadership questions, IE. tell me about a time when you ... how did you handle a tem member that ... Describe a time when you had to ... what happen and how did it turn out. I found the questions to range from fairly routine to difficult, the longer the (panel) interview went the more difficult they were. Regional Manager asked tough questions and wanted specific examples. Interviewers were professional but relaxed, I was the only one with a tie on. All seemed very down to earth but very knowledgeable.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, offer was very generous in fact more than I expected based on my initial research.

Seasonal Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Clarksville, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

It was relaxed and more like a conversation. Interviewer was easy to relate and talk to. She gave an overview of the company and a typical work day. She described what was to be expected.

Retail Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

Very professional. I spoke with a recruiter on the phone and interviewed with the district manager. It was overall a good experience and I looked online at how reputable the company is. Which is always a deciding factor for me.

Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at H&R Block (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I took a class that was offer by H&R Block. After the midterm, the instructor send out information about the interview date as well as the location. You will have to apply online first and choose a location that you wish to work at. Then you will have to call in when get a slot for your interview.

Interview Questions

• General questions about customer service, some scenarios. and some technical questions   Answer Question

District Ops Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 1 face to face. Very comfortable interview, enjoyed learning more about the company.

Interview Questions

• Asked for me to choose between two open positions and why I would choose one over the other.   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Appleton, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and completed process in 48 hours. Received phone call by end of week for in person interview. Was interviewed by District Manager with second DM sitting in on interview. Asked valid questions about processes and procedures. Very relaxed environment, did not feel pressured to hurry because of other interviews. Felt that my interviewers were truly "listening" to me by asking valid follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you think HRB can retain it's first year Tax Professionals?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

It took a long time for all the pieces to come together. Not quite sure why. But I suspect that it was a time of ramping up for tax season.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve x problem.   1 Answer

Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Very easy, relaxed. I applied online and took an online assessment. I met with the District Manager one-on-one. It was very straight forward and I was offered a position that day. Unfortunately, the location I applied for was full. However, I was offered 2 other locations. Usually they require people take there basic prep class. But, since I passed their online assessment (before my interview), and had a MBA, I was not required to take the class.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a