H&R Block

188 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Associate Interview

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview Details – An interview with the District Manager whom asked about your work history, education, and background. Then a skills, and personality test was performed.

Negotiation Details – Easy process

Tax Professional Assistant Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied online - interviewed at H&R Block in January 2014.

Interview Details – Must apply on line, most of the communication will be through emails. You must go through a course for basic tax knowledge and pass the exam before being able to work.

Interview Question – There continuing education classes to keep up with the certifications   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I have been with H&R Block since 2004 you must go through the interviewing process each year you return.

Income Tax Preparer Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at H&R Block in November 2010.

Interview Details – Upon completion of H & R Block Income Tax Course, the candidates were asked to apply for Seasonal Tax Preparers job. This would enable them to train the candidates further in handling prospective clients. So the basic requirement is that, you pay upfront to attend their course which may/may not lead to employment.

Interview Question – I was totally taken aback when the interviewer commented on my ethnical background and wondered if my husband would be comfortable with my evening work hours. At the same time she complimented on my high scores and personality!   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Whittier, CA

I applied online - interviewed at H&R Block in March 2014.

Interview Details – You must complete an online application. I got an e-mail asking for my resume and what time to interview. The interview was 45 minutes with two current District Managers. The questions were scripted and fairly easy to anticipate. Such as: Give an example when you were able to increase revenue. What did you do? What do you dislike about your current job? How do you hold your staff accountable? How would you handle an upset customer? What would you do if an employee was not meeting expectations?

Interview Question – The question about what do I not like about my current job was tough. I was afraid I might say the wrong thing.   Answer Question

Client Services Professional and Receptionist Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at H&R Block in February 2014.

Interview Details – The test that they give is ridiculous it takes like an hour to do and you can't leave for a second. Then they call you for interview and they like you they hire you always short staffed.

Interview Question – Mainly in the application the questions about the drawers I had to read a few times to understand. They also ask alot of the same questions multiple times in different ways.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in January 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring is not difficult but you must pass the Basic Tax Course (84 hours) with an 80% or above to be considered. You can also tax the Tax Assessment online if you have previous experience.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a Tax Pro?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Scheduling and office location are extremely negotionable.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online and interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview Details – The interview was a 3 part process. I had a quick phone interview. Then I had a Skype interview with the regional marketing manager. Afterwards, I had an interview with the district managers.

Interview Question – What percentage of people do you think know about HRB's Brand?   View Answer

Tax Specialist II Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at H&R Block in November 2013.

Interview Details – More of a review and goal setting session than an interview

Interview Question – How have you marketed H&R Block during the off season.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at H&R Block in October 2013.

Interview Details – wow, super easy. All via Skype

Interview Question – What you didn't like about your last job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – back in forth

Principal Interview

Principal
Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at H&R Block in January 2013.

Interview Details – Completed over a several month period including resume, interview, work samples.

Interview Question – None. All relevant to role.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at H&R Block

Worked for H&R Block? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at H&R Block interview questions and advice. All 188 interview reviews posted anonymously by H&R Block employees and interview candidates.