H&R Block Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.2

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

It took a long time for all the pieces to come together. Not quite sure why. But I suspect that it was a time of ramping up for tax season.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve x problem.   1 Answer

Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&R Block (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Very easy, relaxed. I applied online and took an online assessment. I met with the District Manager one-on-one. It was very straight forward and I was offered a position that day. Unfortunately, the location I applied for was full. However, I was offered 2 other locations. Usually they require people take there basic prep class. But, since I passed their online assessment (before my interview), and had a MBA, I was not required to take the class.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

CSP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

I thought it was a one on one interview. I walk in & there are 20 other people there. I was interviewed by 3 managers at once with 3 other candidates at the same time.

Customer Service Professional Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

Three office managers sat down three of us and asked us how we would deal with an angry customer. Very brief, basically they just want to know you can interact with people professionally. 10-15 minutes was all it took for the three of us.

In my particular case, there was also a brief questionnaire, as they were also looking to hire Office Marketing Assistants out of the group. They gave us a one-pager with questions like "what is your personal brand". This section is totally separate from getting the CSP job, however.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with an angry customer in the past?   1 Answer

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

Interview was 30 minutes long. It was a walk-in. Basic interview with education, experience, and skill-related questions. Some situational questions as well. Didn't get an offer because I didn't have the necessary experience despite passing the H&R Block Tax Course.

Client Service Professional Interview

Interview

The interview process was quite simple. It was more about getting to know me and how I interact with people. Very little questions about my experience. I was hired on the spot and sent to training on another site.

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

must attend school then pass with a score of 80 or better,then go for an interview, Go to the main office to have a interview with the District Manger which is just a check to see how you are dressed and how you present yourself

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at H&R Block (Emerson, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

I stopped into an office, asked to speak to the manager. She was not there at the time, but I left my contact information and we did set up an interview for the following Sunday.

Interview Questions

• I asked if I could test out (show my knowledge) for a First Year Tax Professional and she told me no.

I declined the offer because I felt the salary was too low. I asked if they could offer more - the answer was no.

The hours were very flexible - i.e. any hours the office was open were available (P/T and F/T)

Answer Question

CSP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at H&R Block in January 2015.

Interview

It was very easy and they were looking to fill the position and felt I was very qualified from the get go. They had called me and asked the obvious questions and made sure that I knew the process and what to do to finish what was required.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warroad, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at H&R Block (Warroad, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Was a more casual interview. I had been a client for a couple of years and knew the interviewer. The interview took place in the Owner of the H&R Blocks office. Simple questions of past experience, work hours, expectation of the job were discussed.

Interview Questions

• Past customer service experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't a negotiation phase