H&R Block

212 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview Details – There were 4 interviews over 3 weeks. Two interviews were by phone. Two were in person. I met the hiring manager and members of the team. The questions were pretty basic but I think the questions were designed to see how well you would mesh with the overall team.

Negotiation Details – The initial HR discussions involved offer ranges. Negotiation is possible and I accepted 5K less but they did try to get the salary below 100K. THe negotiation was over the phone and other items of negotiation like benefits were not on the table.

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate

Interviewed at H&R Block

Interview Details – H&R Block requires that you attend a training course without guarantee of hire. This course lasted for two months. It consisted of an introduction to the basics of preparing personal income taxes. Employees were chosen based off of testing results.

Negotiation Details – I was offered the position and informed of what my starting commission would be. I was paid an hourly wage throughout the tax season and this was subtracted from the total bonus I earned for the tax season. I received part of my bonus at the end of March and the second bonus about a week and a half after tax season ended.

Product Support Specialist Interview

Product Support Specialist

I applied through college or university and interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview Details – I was able to get a interview through a connection with the tech school I was attending at the time. The interview was rather simple and not too many technical questions were asked. There was more Personality questions asked and what if this type of situation occurred, what would you do, questions. I met with the hiring manager who was also my floor manager. After that interview, I was scheduled to take a online personality test. After that was complete, that was it.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I was asked was how would you bring down a irate customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was just a flat hourly pay offer.

Tax Specialist II Interview

Tax Specialist II

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview Details – In 2010 military spouses were offered free tuition for the basic income tax course. If no more than were missed and scored an 80 or higher on the final exam, application for employment as a 1st year tax professional was accepted. Employment was not guaranteed, depending on location availability.

Interview Question – Commitment to hours work can be conflicting with how many returns you are expected to complete. For instance, if you work 40 hrs a week or 9 hrs a week, a 1st yr Pro is expected to complete the same number of returns.   Answer Question

Tax Professional Interview

Tax Professional

Interviewed at H&R Block

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly short. They just wanted to know my work history and asked various questions about my past experience. They also explained the expectations of the job.

Negotiation Details – There isn't any. The salary is the same for everyone. The only potential to earn more is based on number of tax returns completed and years of service.

Tech Support Interview

Tech Support
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview Details – Interviewing and and hiring process is good. Orientation and staff meeting. Not really any problem to see forward. License, questions for low income on a paper for tax credit and free parking. Strict about missed days of work are explained before hiring.

Interview Question – Was not difficult   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

District Manager
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was professional and detailed. The questions were around the behavorioral process. I am friends with the Regional Manager so it was easy. I side stepped a lot of what would normally been required.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you dealt with a difficult leader? What was the situation and the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very professional and simple

Tax Preparer Interview

Tax Preparer

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview Details – Short and sweet already worked for the company. Went over expectations for the upcoming year. They make you interview every year. The hiring process is long and drawn out.

Interview Question – There were none   Answer Question

Tax Preparer Interview

Tax Preparer
Newark, NJ

I applied in-person and interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview Details – Manager was helpful. Had experience with taxes. Have worked with Block before. They were happy to have me back. The more clients you serve the more money you make. Can make a bonus at the end of tax season.

Interview Question – all questions were typical how to handle clients questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in June 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through an on line process. They accepted and asked me to come into the field office for an interview. I interviewed with two different for about 45 minutes each. Typical why do you want to work for Block, what can you offer us questions. They got back to me with an offer that was not very high but better than some other places I have worked at.

Interview Question – Do you see yourself with this company in five years? How about 10 years? What do you think Block can provide you to make you stay that long?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – One offer. Not negotiable. Take it or leave it.

Worked for H&R Block? Contribute to the Community!