H&R Block

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Professional Interview

Tax Professional
Commerce City, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in November 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online with multiple questions and attached a recent uplaod of my resume. I was then contacted about a week later and conducted a phone interview, in person interview, backround and drug screen.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years.   Answer Question

First Year Tax Professional/Customer Service Professional Interview

First Year Tax Professional/Customer Service Professional
Orlando, FL

I applied through other source - interviewed at H&R Block in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interview Process was smooth and pleasant. I was screened during the Tax Classes and I had to submit my information to multiple offices before I had a successful interview. I was called to one interview where I was not given directions to the office in a sensible manner. I was surprised that I was not given a landmark that was visible to help me find this particular office. It was presumed that I knew which office was calling for me.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase was allowed.

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
Amsterdam, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in October 2013.

Interview Details – I had one interview with the franchise co-owner. He was very easy going, laid back, and told me about the position and what would be involved. Then I had an interview with the owner of the franchise and she was also pretty easy going. She simply asked me a few questions on what would be required from me. I got a call a few weeks later when November came around and was brought in for training. The worker who trained myself and another receptionist was very thorough and helpful. Afterwards, if I ever needed help, I could always ask.

Interview Question – The most difficult or unexpected question was on my linguistics. I took a college level Spanish course in high school and was asked if I'd be willing to speak the language during my time working. It was difficult to answer because I knew a lot of Spanish in regards to speaking, however, I don't know how to interpret what someone is saying to me as easily.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was straightforward. The hourly rate was set and was not really up for negotiation.

Office Manager I Interview

Office Manager I
Erie, PA

I applied online - interviewed at H&R Block in January 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process was fair and informational. I was treated like a professional. The interview was friendly and very experienced. I felt at ease talking with her and

Interview Question – What was my greatest weakness   View Answer

Office Manager III Interview

Office Manager III

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview Details – You must complete all applications online. If HR deems you suitable you will be asked to sign a release so they can do a background check. If you pass your background you move onto the interview stage, this interview is with the District Manager and the questions are Situational based. "What would you do in this situation?" Very easy and simple process, if chosen you are notified by phone and told to watch your emails because you will be receiving two instructional emails to complete all hiring paperwork.

Interview Question – In the even t a client in being disruptive and confrontational in the office what is your plan of action.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was little negotiation, they are pretty set on salary based on the size and revenue generation the office/area you will be managing generates. Pay is performance based and can be quite generous is you put in the work.

Very Easy Interview

Office Manager I Interview

Office Manager I
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in August 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process takes about three weeks because of the background check. There is quite a bit of paperwork to be completed and you must always check your email on a daily basis

Interview Question – Give a situation at your previous job where you had to solve an issue.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was really no negotiation process.

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
Portsmouth, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at H&R Block in November 2013.

Interview Details – Default Interview in relation to what you know about the company, what qualifies your tax knowledge, how did you like/dislike of the H&R Block course, work related problems and team work skills. Prior work experience contribution to this job. Although scheduled, there are certain number of applicants and it is first come first served.

Interview Question – How would you drive revenue, promote sales, and client retention.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Tax Associates starts off the same.

Tax Preparer Interview

Tax Preparer
Fredericksburg, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in November 2010.

Interview Details – My hiring process started before I knew I wanted to work for H R Block. It started while taking a class about taxes. After passing the class, I was asked by the instructor to interview. After that, all correspondence was done online. Process can be frustrating. But you are able to get help at H R Block office.

Interview Question – When you are asked if you like taxes, give an honest answer.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Support Specialist Interview

Support Specialist
Troy, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in August 2013.

Interview Details – Easy phone interview, take a test online, meet the manger got the job 6 hours after interviewed. Go through 2 weeks of training and off you go sink or swim. Management was bit disorganized.

Interview Question – Can u work any shift any time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None set pay rate

Client Service Professional Interview

Client Service Professional
Lithonia, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at H&R Block in January 2014.

Interview Details – Usually you'll interview in the office you'll work in. The interviewer will be the office manager. They'll tell you how they run their office and what a CSP actually does in their office. There are a few general questions asked. They are mostly concerned with your customer resolution and retention skills.

Interview Question – How do you handle a disguntle customer as well as a impatient tax preparer both needing your attention at the same time?   View Answer