H&R Block Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.2

FIRST YEAR TAX PROFESSIONAL Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at H&R Block (Des Moines, IA) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview was about 15 min. Asked why do I want to work for HR Block. Give a example of pass experience handling a difficult customer and resolution.
    Was hired on the spot contingent to passing my tax class.
    The interview was smooth and short, less than I expected.
    Had to sign background check and provide SSN and ID for employment.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult or unexpected question that caught me off guard,   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told me how much the pay is start out at. I asked if there is room for negotiation and she say no. Everyone first year tax pro start at the same rate. Is this correct???
    I think HR Block can afford to pay more than $9.50 a hr. With my experiences and education I can get a job at Costco that pay to start $12-$14. With a big company like HR Block you would think they pay better???

Customer Service Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at H&R Block in December 2014.

Interview

Timeline from submitting resume in September till interview was longer than ad detailed. It said interviews were to begin in November, no one I talked to interviewed earlier than December. Interview was pretty simple, they had a printout of specific questions that they asked and jotted down responses. All "on-boarding" was done online and without guidance from a representative of the company. Offer letter was buried in a mountain of virtual paperwork.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty run of the mill, nothing to challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, you did not meet with a person about offer or to complete paperwork.

CSP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block in December 2014.

Interview

First applied online, then got called in to come to a "job fair". It was simply waiting for a few interviewers to get through a large number of candidates. The interview consisted of asking brief questions about my previous jobs and basic "tell me about a time you had to deal with stress" questions.

Client Service Professional Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block (Ocala, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

The hiring process is fairly easy. Initially you're called into an office and you'll have your interview with a manager from that office although that may not be the office you'll be assigned to work at. They really just ask questions about your past work experience and why you would be a great addition to the company whether it be a seasonal position or even just a temporary job. If you get through the interview, you wait to hear from the District Manager which office you'll be assigned to along with your start date.

Interview Questions

• They'll have you present how you would take a call.   1 Answer

CSP Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block (Southaven, MS) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview was normal interview questions easy n quick. Do u have experience and why did you choose this job. Great company. Went straight to the point no hard questions very easy...

Customer Service Professional Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at H&R Block (Plano, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview questions were mostly about customer service. The pay was the same as last year, they said it was not negotiable for seasonal CSP. I was asked about being willing to do some marketing work for that specific store I was being hired to work for. I said I would do that if I could get extra hours plus some more money. They said yes, I could get $1.00 more per hour and it would mean 6 to 10 more hours a week. I was happy. Then I went to the first staff meeting and was introduced to the person who was also a part time CSP and told that she was going to be doing marketing a few hours a week. Seriously? What happened to me? Well, apparently she knows somebody because someone told the store manager that SHE was the person they would have for extra marketing hours. Can you guess that I am mad about that?! Why couldnt HR Block manager that hired me give me the courtesy to tell me ahead of time? I was counting on that since they dont schedule more than 20 hours a week. Oh well. Complaining isnt going to get me more hours, thats for sure.

FIRST YEAR TAX PROFESSIONAL Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block in December 2014.

Interview

One way you'll get an interview is by completing the 75 hour H&R Block Income Tax Course.

The course itself cost $200 in October of 2014. Successful completion and passing of the final exam is not a guaranteed job offer... But, it's a necessary requirement for employment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for first year tax associates. If you make it through the first year you'll be better off the second year.

First Year Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&R Block in December 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was very easy. Went through the Income Tax Course in the fall and was hired immediately right before the course ended. Everything was done online, the application and the offer.

Interview Questions

• I did not have to go through an interview. But the most shocking thing is the pay. As a first year tax pro, we do not receive any commission and the base pay is way too low for the amount knowledge that is required for this job.   1 Answer

FIRST YEAR TAX PROFESSIONAL Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block (Modesto, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

First I applied online and then about 3 weeks later was called in for a interview. I was interviewed by a panel of two, they took turns asking me questions, as I answered the questions they were taking notes. Then about 2 weeks later was called and offered a job.

First Year Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at H&R Block (Valdosta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

After taking and passing the tax class, it was more of a sit down because I had already met and interacted with the owner. We talked about the job and what hours I wanted to work and which location. She told me the hourly rate for first years.

Interview Questions

• No interview questions. More of a sit down to talk about what the job will be like.   Answer Question