H&R Block Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.2

CSP Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

The hiring process was easy and quick. Getting the through the training was easy also. The people during the process were helpful and understanding. The computer process was a bit of a mess, I went through training but did not have a location where I wanted to work, and they put me in an office that was not what I requested; it was also not worth driving all that way for the minimal pay received.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they paid what they wanted. Albeit not sufficient for the rising cost of living.

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block (Modesto, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

First I applied online and then about 3 weeks later was called in for a interview. I was interviewed by a panel of two, they took turns asking me questions, as I answered the questions they were taking notes. Then about 2 weeks later was called and offered a job.

Anonymous Employee in Capitola, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Capitola, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Brief interview with District Manager in which he evaluated my experience and class results. Entire interview was about 20 minutes. Pretty sure they hire everybody as based on some of my peers' competencies or lack thereof.

Interview Questions

• Did I feel like the class was difficult   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Biloxi, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Biloxi, MS) in December 2014.

Interview

If you passed the class the interview was just a few questions. Not a lot of worry as to past experience. Focus was on how comfortable you may be with the position at hand and how well the class was given. It was like going through an assembly line and the questions were easy to answer.

First Year Tax Pro Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Little Rock, AR) in December 2014.

Interview

Easy breeze!!! It was wonderful asked about the class we took. How did I like it and how was I managing the class. I tooled the class with them and the instructor was great. After taking the class you pretty much know if you will get the job base off how well you do. Overall it's a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block in December 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was very easy. Went through the Income Tax Course in the fall and was hired immediately right before the course ended. Everything was done online, the application and the offer.

Interview Questions

• I did not have to go through an interview. But the most shocking thing is the pay. As a first year tax pro, we do not receive any commission and the base pay is way too low for the amount knowledge that is required for this job.   1 Answer

First Year Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at H&R Block (Valdosta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

After taking and passing the tax class, it was more of a sit down because I had already met and interacted with the owner. We talked about the job and what hours I wanted to work and which location. She told me the hourly rate for first years.

Interview Questions

• No interview questions. More of a sit down to talk about what the job will be like.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block in December 2014.

Interview

One way you'll get an interview is by completing the 75 hour H&R Block Income Tax Course. The course itself cost $200 in October of 2014. Successful completion and passing of the final exam is not a guaranteed job offer... But, it's a necessary requirement for employment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for first year tax associates. If you make it through the first year you'll be better off the second year.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Champaign, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

The training took about 3-4 months (August/Sept-December), and the interviews occurred around the final exam. There were two interviewers, one who appeared to just be learning the ropes, and they ask the typical questions-- think of a time when you had a difficult client, how you are a team player, strengths/weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you volunteered to do something.   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (San Diego, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

it was very personable everyone was friendly and receptive. They were very interested in me and what would interest me. They were also interested in which area I wanted to work in. One person actually had a question about Financial Aid for school (current career). I would have been very happy to work for any one of those managers in the future.