H&R Block Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2014
Updated Oct 5, 2014

2.3

District Operations Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block.

An application with resume is uploaded online. An 3rd party recruiter then contacts you if you are selected for a phone screen. If you pass that you have a tier 1 panel interview. Th final step is the 1:1 interview with your Direct.

Interview Questions
    via phone, then in email.

Office Manager III Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block.

You must complete all applications online. If HR deems you suitable you will be asked to sign a release so they can do a background check. If you pass your background you move onto the interview stage, this interview is with the District Manager and the questions are Situational based. "What would you do in this situation?" Very easy and simple process, if chosen you are notified by phone and told to watch your emails because you will be receiving two instructional emails to complete all hiring paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • In the even t a client in being disruptive and confrontational in the office what is your plan of action.   View Answer
    There was little negotiation, they are pretty set on salary based on the size and revenue generation the office/area you will be managing generates. Pay is performance based and can be quite generous is you put in the work.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block in June 2014.

The interview process was professional and detailed. The questions were around the behavorioral process. I am friends with the Regional Manager so it was easy. I side stepped a lot of what would normally been required.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you dealt with a difficult leader? What was the situation and the outcome?   Answer Question
    Very professional and simple

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at H&R Block.

An interview with the District Manager whom asked about your work history, education, and background. Then a skills, and personality test was performed.

Easy process

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block.

The interview was a 3 part process. I had a quick phone interview. Then I had a Skype interview with the regional marketing manager. Afterwards, I had an interview with the district managers.

Interview Questions
    • What percentage of people do you think know about HRB's Brand?   View Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block.

Submitted application then contacted by recruiter for phone interview. In person panel interview scheduled for next day. STAR type interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you did marketing for multiple locations.   Answer Question
    They offer they made me was fair so I accepted.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block in March 2014.

You must complete an online application. I got an e-mail asking for my resume and what time to interview. The interview was 45 minutes with two current District Managers. The questions were scripted and fairly easy to anticipate. Such as: Give an example when you were able to increase revenue. What did you do? What do you dislike about your current job? How do you hold your staff accountable? How would you handle an upset customer? What would you do if an employee was not meeting expectations?

Interview Questions
    • The question about what do I not like about my current job was tough. I was afraid I might say the wrong thing.   Answer Question

CSP Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block.

The hiring process is a good one, you go ahead and have your interview they ask you the basic interview questions such as where else have you worked, how can you describe yourself, etc. then they go ahead and contact you if your hired and then you just fill out some forms very smooth process.

Interview Questions
    • In reality the questions weren't difficult at all like I mentioned they are very basic   Answer Question

Client Service Professional Interview

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block.

There will be one interview. FIRST IMPRESSION IS BEST! speak very professionally, like you've worked at H & R Block before. do your research. women (cross your legs, wear a skirt and blazer) Men (you always look nice in a suit) its not hard at all just want you to stick out from THE OTHERS (especially if your interviewing in DC)

Interview Questions
    • 3 years ago I got this unexpected question.
      How do someone know if you are listening to them?
      Repeat back what they said to you.
        View Answer
    signing documents that is difficult, comes to your email.
    you'll have 1 or a couple of days for training.
    you'll have dress rehersal then you GO TO WORK!

Tax Preparer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at H&R Block.

The interview process was sketchy, at best. She had a set list of questions and didn't even look me in the eye during the interview. Once I got an offer, the website was so glitchy that I spent almost a month wasting my time communicating with different offices, and over an hour on the phone with Kansas City to have my offer letter emailed to me as an attachment. I responded to the email, but it was not processed in the system for over a week, so I received countless nagging calls and emails to do something I had already done. I never received the rest of my new-hire paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • "You will not have the option to work for commission--is that ok?" Even though I was a returning tax preparer with good numbers. The offer letter contradicted this remark.   Answer Question
    I accepted by email, because the hiring website was not working properly. When I spent the next week pursuing the proper paperwork, I decided it was not worth it to work for the company, and I withdrew my acceptance.