H&R Block Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2015

2.2

First Year Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at H&R Block (Valdosta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

After taking and passing the tax class, it was more of a sit down because I had already met and interacted with the owner. We talked about the job and what hours I wanted to work and which location. She told me the hourly rate for first years.

Interview Questions

• No interview questions. More of a sit down to talk about what the job will be like.   Answer Question

First Year Tax Pro Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at H&R Block (Little Rock, AR) in December 2014.

Interview

Easy breeze!!! It was wonderful asked about the class we took. How did I like it and how was I managing the class. I tooled the class with them and the instructor was great. After taking the class you pretty much know if you will get the job base off how well you do. Overall it's a great company to work for.

CSP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Springs, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at H&R Block (Blue Springs, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

Introduction then 30 minute interview, which resulted in hiring via email letter of offer. The experience was quick, easy and professional. I was hired immediately but had to wait two days for letter of intent.

Tax Professional Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

The hiring process took about 3 weeks and the interview was held at their regional office with one of their senior managers. The interview was brief and contained mostly behavioral questions along with a few past experiences of situation based encounters with clients or people in general. A few weeks after the interview I received the official job offer through their online web portal.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were faced with a conflict with another person and how did you resolve the conflict.   Answer Question

Tax Resear Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Originally informed of position by law school OCI. Had an informational meeting where I incidentally spoke to the woman who ended up interviewing me. The informational meeting covered most of the topics of the interview which ended up being more of a clear the air for what the position entailed type of meeting. Interview was about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What type of tax are you interested in and what is your experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Work with h&r block hr department through their web portal

First Year Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at H&R Block (Columbia, SC) in November 2014.

Interview

Took the class and passed the test. We set up interviews before we even knew if we passed the test. (You have to pass the test before you can get hired though.) Interview was a breeze, he tried to get me my ptin number before I even left the interview. One thing that made me frustrated was that I didn't know when the training was going to start, and I wouldn't have even known that I was for sure hired because nobody called or emailed me to let me know. I had to call and they told me that classes start the very next day. Didn't seem to care that I almost wasn't hired because of their mistake.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      How did you find out about our tax course?
      Why do you want to work in hrblock?

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

FIRST YEAR TAX PROFESSIONAL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at H&R Block (Walnut Creek, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I took the tax prep class and was told to complete the application asap to let them know who was interested in working. I never heard from anyone until the 2nd to last week of class and I had an interview in the office with a branch manager. The branch manager had a piece of paper and it appeared she asked me questions off of the list.

Tax Professional II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&R Block in November 2014.

Interview

I didn't go their class and passed the Tax Knowledge Assessment on the website and then applied online. I got a call on the next day to set up an on-site interview in the following Monday. After the interview, I got the offer when I walked out of the office. It was so efficient and I really appreciate it! I was relaxed in the whole interview and before that, I really feared about the interview because English is not my mother language. There is just one simple question "tell me about yourself", I answered a lot, maybe the interviewer figured out that all the things he wanted to know were in my introduction already, so no more formal questions. And still I remember someone said in his review that the interview in this company was really easy, especially in the DC offices. Yeah, I bet he is right.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negociate the price, I got the price when I saw the offer letter and it is not a real beginning price. Actually, they gave me the title II, although I applied the first year tax professional and don't have much real hands-on experience.

Initially for Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at H&R Block (Denver, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

District manager was good as he knew what he was looking for and needed for the position. He could see I was better suited for a different position and offered that to me. I appreciated not getting in over my head.

Tax Professional II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

One of the easiest, most relaxed interviews I have ever participated in. Passed test online and submitted resume with cover letter. Was called about 3 weeks later and invited to interview. I sat with the interviewer about 30 minutes, reviewing their payment policies, discussing the location options, and was asked if I thought I would be a good fit. I had to ask if they were hiring me, as it seemed as though I was already hired! I don't know if my relaxed attitude or my resume impressed them, or if help is hard to get at the salary with the conditions, but it almost seemed as though I was hired before I even got there.

Negotiation

I did negotiate a slightly higher starting hourly wage, however most of their package is not negotiable.