H&R Block Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

2.2

Customer Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at H&R Block (Plano, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview questions were mostly about customer service. The pay was the same as last year, they said it was not negotiable for seasonal CSP. I was asked about being willing to do some marketing work for that specific store I was being hired to work for. I said I would do that if I could get extra hours plus some more money. They said yes, I could get $1.00 more per hour and it would mean 6 to 10 more hours a week. I was happy. Then I went to the first staff meeting and was introduced to the person who was also a part time CSP and told that she was going to be doing marketing a few hours a week. Seriously? What happened to me? Well, apparently she knows somebody because someone told the store manager that SHE was the person they would have for extra marketing hours. Can you guess that I am mad about that?! Why couldnt HR Block manager that hired me give me the courtesy to tell me ahead of time? I was counting on that since they dont schedule more than 20 hours a week. Oh well. Complaining isnt going to get me more hours, thats for sure.

FIRST YEAR TAX PROFESSIONAL Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block in December 2014.

Interview

One way you'll get an interview is by completing the 75 hour H&R Block Income Tax Course.

The course itself cost $200 in October of 2014. Successful completion and passing of the final exam is not a guaranteed job offer... But, it's a necessary requirement for employment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for first year tax associates. If you make it through the first year you'll be better off the second year.

First Year Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&R Block in December 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was very easy. Went through the Income Tax Course in the fall and was hired immediately right before the course ended. Everything was done online, the application and the offer.

Interview Questions

• I did not have to go through an interview. But the most shocking thing is the pay. As a first year tax pro, we do not receive any commission and the base pay is way too low for the amount knowledge that is required for this job.   1 Answer

FIRST YEAR TAX PROFESSIONAL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block (Modesto, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

First I applied online and then about 3 weeks later was called in for a interview. I was interviewed by a panel of two, they took turns asking me questions, as I answered the questions they were taking notes. Then about 2 weeks later was called and offered a job.

First Year Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at H&R Block (Valdosta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

After taking and passing the tax class, it was more of a sit down because I had already met and interacted with the owner. We talked about the job and what hours I wanted to work and which location. She told me the hourly rate for first years.

Interview Questions

• No interview questions. More of a sit down to talk about what the job will be like.   Answer Question

First Year Tax Pro Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at H&R Block (Little Rock, AR) in December 2014.

Interview

Easy breeze!!! It was wonderful asked about the class we took. How did I like it and how was I managing the class. I tooled the class with them and the instructor was great. After taking the class you pretty much know if you will get the job base off how well you do. Overall it's a great company to work for.

CSP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Springs, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at H&R Block (Blue Springs, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

Introduction then 30 minute interview, which resulted in hiring via email letter of offer. The experience was quick, easy and professional. I was hired immediately but had to wait two days for letter of intent.

Client Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block (Murray, UT) in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by email to schedule an interview time, on a first come first served basis. I was interviewed by three office managers. There were a lot of standard interview questions. They also made sure I was aware that this was a seasonal position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what kind of customer service experience I had.   Answer Question

Customer Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at H&R Block (Portland, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by two of the local office managers at the district office and they were both professional, relaxed and friendly. They had a set list of questions on a pre-prepared form (informational & behavioral), one asked the questions, the other took notes on it, and then they gave me time to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle challenging clients? Give us an example of how you've handled one in the past.   Answer Question

District Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block in December 2014.

Interview

Three Rounds of interviews:

First round with recruiter who explained position and asked general questions about qualifications
    Second round with district marketing coordinator which was much longer and involved detailed questions about background and experience with local level marketing. Third with Regional Marketing Manager which was about 5 minutes and just asked if I had any questions.
    Final Round with district managers and the only in person interview. It was about 30 minutes long and just a review of resume and questions related to travel (job requires a LOT of travel via personal auto)

Interview Questions

• Basic "tell me about yourself" questions
      Asked questions related to latino marketing and how you would go about targeting specific demographics
      Asked how you deal with pushback/resistance from co-workers

Answer Question