H&R Block

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at H&R Block.

Interviewed with five people in one day. Easy interviews and I liked that they did it all in one day instead of having me come back five separate times. I was told I had "all the right answers,"but no offer yet.

Tax Preparer Interview

The lady told me to fill a form first then asked me a lot of behavior question.Do you have sales experience? What to do with an angry customer? Anything you learn from previous experience.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions. Do you have sales experience? What to do with an angry customer? Anything you learn from previous experience.   Answer Question

First Year Tax Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at H&R Block.

Must tax company's beginning tax course and pass with a 70% or 80%. Then you will be eligible for an interview. You will be interviewed by a office or district manager(depending on which locations you applied for) and take about 10-15 minutes. Sometimes less. You will get a phone call within 2-4 days, depending on how many more interviews they still had, letting you know if you got the job or not. You'll be told which location you'll be working at, but sometimes you may be able to switch locations if you need to.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Very straight forward. Have you done taxes before? How long, what kind of returns can do   Answer Question
    Mine was different. I was given a starting range to choose from because the DM knew of my education & experience.

Intern Interview

Campus recruiting first, then passed the first round interview. In the second round phone interview, more questions about professional questions, more on the previous work experience. The interviewer was nice and friendly.

Tax Preparer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at H&R Block.

This is not an hourly pay job. They pay piecemeal or by production and if you want to make money, you gotta bring in the people yourself. Only take the job if you can produce human traffic to their door.

Interview Questions

obviously not a pay by the hour job

Office Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at H&R Block in October 2014.

Applied online. Took about 3 days to get a call back for an interview. Process was very easy, district manager very friendly and available for questions during and after interview.

Interview Questions
    • Basic situational questions were asked such as describe a time when an employee was wrong and you had to correct them. Also asked how would you tell bad news to an employee. Very easy behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I took what they offered.

FIRST YEAR TAX PROFESSIONAL Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at H&R Block in October 2014.

I applied online and was contacted about a month after applying. The interview was fairly easy and laid back. The questions are pretty standard: about working in stressful situations and role playing. After the interview, I was told I might be hard depending on passing the class, which I wasn't signed up for.

Interview Questions
    • How will you interview clients to get the information that you want?   Answer Question

Client Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at H&R Block in October 2014.

Very easy interview with manager no difficulty really easy. Just dress professional and relate stories customer based. Go in with great expectations and its only seasonal last until april

None

Tax Preparer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block.

I completed the online tax knowledge evaluation rather than taking the H&R Block tax course that is offered. A week later I received a call asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was short, sweet, and to the point, and a few days later I was called and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised at how many questions were asked about clerical work. Turns out the interviewer thought I was there for an admin position, so my advice is to verify that when you arrive.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at H&R Block.

Hiring and Interview was a part of the educational process. As long as you pass the course and take a personality test they will hire you. Interview questions were easy and pretty much a formality.