H&R Block

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Professional Assistant Interview

Tax Professional Assistant
Louisville, KY

I applied online - interviewed at H&R Block in January 2014.

Interview Details – Must apply on line, most of the communication will be through emails. You must go through a course for basic tax knowledge and pass the exam before being able to work.

Interview Question – There continuing education classes to keep up with the certifications   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I have been with H&R Block since 2004 you must go through the interviewing process each year you return.

Income Tax Preparer Interview

Income Tax Preparer

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at H&R Block in November 2010.

Interview Details – Upon completion of H & R Block Income Tax Course, the candidates were asked to apply for Seasonal Tax Preparers job. This would enable them to train the candidates further in handling prospective clients. So the basic requirement is that, you pay upfront to attend their course which may/may not lead to employment.

Interview Question – I was totally taken aback when the interviewer commented on my ethnical background and wondered if my husband would be comfortable with my evening work hours. At the same time she complimented on my high scores and personality!   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

District Manager
Whittier, CA

I applied online - interviewed at H&R Block in March 2014.

Interview Details – You must complete an online application. I got an e-mail asking for my resume and what time to interview. The interview was 45 minutes with two current District Managers. The questions were scripted and fairly easy to anticipate. Such as: Give an example when you were able to increase revenue. What did you do? What do you dislike about your current job? How do you hold your staff accountable? How would you handle an upset customer? What would you do if an employee was not meeting expectations?

Interview Question – The question about what do I not like about my current job was tough. I was afraid I might say the wrong thing.   Answer Question

Client Services Professional and Receptionist Interview

Client Services Professional and Receptionist
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at H&R Block in February 2014.

Interview Details – The test that they give is ridiculous it takes like an hour to do and you can't leave for a second. Then they call you for interview and they like you they hire you always short staffed.

Interview Question – Mainly in the application the questions about the drawers I had to read a few times to understand. They also ask alot of the same questions multiple times in different ways.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview Details – The interview was a 3 part process. I had a quick phone interview. Then I had a Skype interview with the regional marketing manager. Afterwards, I had an interview with the district managers.

Interview Question – What percentage of people do you think know about HRB's Brand?   View Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in January 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring is not difficult but you must pass the Basic Tax Course (84 hours) with an 80% or above to be considered. You can also tax the Tax Assessment online if you have previous experience.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a Tax Pro?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Scheduling and office location are extremely negotionable.

Tax Specialist II Interview

Tax Specialist II
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at H&R Block in November 2013.

Interview Details – More of a review and goal setting session than an interview

Interview Question – How have you marketed H&R Block during the off season.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at H&R Block in October 2013.

Interview Details – wow, super easy. All via Skype

Interview Question – What you didn't like about your last job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – back in forth

Principal Interview

Principal
Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at H&R Block in January 2013.

Interview Details – Completed over a several month period including resume, interview, work samples.

Interview Question – None. All relevant to role.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

District Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&R Block in November 2010.

Interview Details – Depending on whether you apply or have been recruited it will make a difference on how many interviews you go through. Initially there will be at least 1 phone interview, 1 Screening interview and then a panel interview. Interview question are 100% Behavior Based. Tell me about a time....

Interview Question – There were no curveball type questions that I recall as most were pretty much text book type business based behavioral questions. You can look them up on almost any interview website.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not need to negotiate I was given what I asked for in my first offer.