H&R Block Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.2

Customer Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Plano, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview questions were mostly about customer service. The pay was the same as last year, they said it was not negotiable for seasonal CSP. I was asked about being willing to do some marketing work for that specific store I was being hired to work for. I said I would do that if I could get extra hours plus some more money. They said yes, I could get $1.00 more per hour and it would mean 6 to 10 more hours a week. I was happy. Then I went to the first staff meeting and was introduced to the person who was also a part time CSP and told that she was going to be doing marketing a few hours a week. Seriously? What happened to me? Well, apparently she knows somebody because someone told the store manager that SHE was the person they would have for extra marketing hours. Can you guess that I am mad about that?! Why couldnt HR Block manager that hired me give me the courtesy to tell me ahead of time? I was counting on that since they dont schedule more than 20 hours a week. Oh well. Complaining isnt going to get me more hours, thats for sure.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at H&R Block in December 2014.

Interview

Timeline from submitting resume in September till interview was longer than ad detailed. It said interviews were to begin in November, no one I talked to interviewed earlier than December. Interview was pretty simple, they had a printout of specific questions that they asked and jotted down responses. All "on-boarding" was done online and without guidance from a representative of the company. Offer letter was buried in a mountain of virtual paperwork.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty run of the mill, nothing to challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, you did not meet with a person about offer or to complete paperwork.

Customer Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Portland, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by two of the local office managers at the district office and they were both professional, relaxed and friendly. They had a set list of questions on a pre-prepared form (informational & behavioral), one asked the questions, the other took notes on it, and then they gave me time to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle challenging clients? Give us an example of how you've handled one in the past.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Blue Springs, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Blue Springs, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

Introduction then 30 minute interview, which resulted in hiring via email letter of offer. The experience was quick, easy and professional. I was hired immediately but had to wait two days for letter of intent.

Anonymous Employee in Southaven, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block (Southaven, MS) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview was normal interview questions easy n quick. Do u have experience and why did you choose this job. Great company. Went straight to the point no hard questions very easy...

CSP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block in December 2014.

Interview

First applied online, then got called in to come to a "job fair". It was simply waiting for a few interviewers to get through a large number of candidates. The interview consisted of asking brief questions about my previous jobs and basic "tell me about a time you had to deal with stress" questions.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Saratoga Springs, UT) in December 2014.

Interview

The manager that I interviewed with was new to the hiring process. She asked pretty basic questions that were provided to her from the corporate office. It was pretty relaxed and flowed well from question to question. I learned a bit about the office and the location.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for H&R Block?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block in December 2014.

Interview

Three Rounds of interviews: First round with recruiter who explained position and asked general questions about qualifications Second round with district marketing coordinator which was much longer and involved detailed questions about background and experience with local level marketing. Third with Regional Marketing Manager which was about 5 minutes and just asked if I had any questions. Final Round with district managers and the only in person interview. It was about 30 minutes long and just a review of resume and questions related to travel (job requires a LOT of travel via personal auto)

Interview Questions

• Basic "tell me about yourself" questions Asked questions related to latino marketing and how you would go about targeting specific demographics Asked how you deal with pushback/resistance from co-workers   Answer Question

Client Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block (Murray, UT) in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by email to schedule an interview time, on a first come first served basis. I was interviewed by three office managers. There were a lot of standard interview questions. They also made sure I was aware that this was a seasonal position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what kind of customer service experience I had.   Answer Question

Client Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loxahatchee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Loxahatchee, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

Easy. You sit down with a tax professional or whoever is the head of the office and you're asked a few very simple questions. One question was about I well I managed stress.