H&R Block

212 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in January 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring is not difficult but you must pass the Basic Tax Course (84 hours) with an 80% or above to be considered. You can also tax the Tax Assessment online if you have previous experience.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a Tax Pro?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Scheduling and office location are extremely negotionable.

Tax Specialist II Interview

Tax Specialist II
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at H&R Block in November 2013.

Interview Details – More of a review and goal setting session than an interview

Interview Question – How have you marketed H&R Block during the off season.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at H&R Block in October 2013.

Interview Details – wow, super easy. All via Skype

Interview Question – What you didn't like about your last job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – back in forth

Principal Interview

Principal
Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at H&R Block in January 2013.

Interview Details – Completed over a several month period including resume, interview, work samples.

Interview Question – None. All relevant to role.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

District Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&R Block in November 2010.

Interview Details – Depending on whether you apply or have been recruited it will make a difference on how many interviews you go through. Initially there will be at least 1 phone interview, 1 Screening interview and then a panel interview. Interview question are 100% Behavior Based. Tell me about a time....

Interview Question – There were no curveball type questions that I recall as most were pretty much text book type business based behavioral questions. You can look them up on almost any interview website.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not need to negotiate I was given what I asked for in my first offer.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview Details – Submitted application then contacted by recruiter for phone interview. In person panel interview scheduled for next day. STAR type interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you did marketing for multiple locations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offer they made me was fair so I accepted.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Professional Interview

Customer Service Professional

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at H&R Block in December 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process is really computer centered and is carried out through the home office online. Once you put in for a position, you will be contacted by HR via email to take an online personality test. This test can take up to an hour. If you pass this personality test then a back ground test if conducted by the company. Once the background test is completed and the personality test is passed, you will receive notification via email as to whether on not you qualify for the position. You are then emailed an offer letter with the rate of pay. You will then receive an email instructing you to come to a District meeting where you will go through an orientation process that will last approximately a week.

Negotiation Details – The pay rate was not negotiable. It was straight forward $9 per hour offer. Take it or leave it.

Office Manager II Interview

Office Manager II
Overland Park, KS

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in January 2014.

Interview Details – I attended a mass cattle call for my first interview, and the interviewer was not very organized, not very professional, and not very skilled in interviewing. I then received a call to have a second interview with the district manager, who was very professional and engaging. I was asked to go on line and take an assessment, which included video simulation questions that were intended to capture how I would manage certain situations in the office. The actual hiring process took forever as the system they use for background checks couldn't seem to make sense of my military APO AP address.

Interview Question – There were not any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is a range. You will either find it acceptable, or not acceptable.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Kansas City, MO

I interviewed at H&R Block in January 2013.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview as the first round with technical questions related to the data base techniques regarding the stored procedures, functions, triggers. etc.

Interview Question – Was asked to write a shell script to transfer data to a SFTP site   Answer Question

CSP Interview

CSP

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview Details – The hiring process is a good one, you go ahead and have your interview they ask you the basic interview questions such as where else have you worked, how can you describe yourself, etc. then they go ahead and contact you if your hired and then you just fill out some forms very smooth process.

Interview Question – In reality the questions weren't difficult at all like I mentioned they are very basic   Answer Question