H&R Block

2.2

Office Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block in January 2014.

I attended a mass cattle call for my first interview, and the interviewer was not very organized, not very professional, and not very skilled in interviewing. I then received a call to have a second interview with the district manager, who was very professional and engaging. I was asked to go on line and take an assessment, which included video simulation questions that were intended to capture how I would manage certain situations in the office. The actual hiring process took forever as the system they use for background checks couldn't seem to make sense of my military APO AP address.

Interview Questions
    There is a range. You will either find it acceptable, or not acceptable.

Office Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block in January 2014.

Hiring and interview process was fair and informational. I was treated like a professional. The interview was friendly and very experienced. I felt at ease talking with her and

Tax Professional Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block in January 2014.

Must apply on line, most of the communication will be through emails. You must go through a course for basic tax knowledge and pass the exam before being able to work.

Interview Questions
    • There continuing education classes to keep up with the certifications   View Answer
    I have been with H&R Block since 2004 you must go through the interviewing process each year you return.

Client Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lithonia, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lithonia, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at H&R Block in January 2014.

Usually you'll interview in the office you'll work in. The interviewer will be the office manager. They'll tell you how they run their office and what a CSP actually does in their office. There are a few general questions asked. They are mostly concerned with your customer resolution and retention skills.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a disguntle customer as well as a impatient tax preparer both needing your attention at the same time?   View Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&R Block in January 2014.

Easy.. Required 1 interview and signing up on their website. There was a test, but it was very basic knowledge of the office and driving instructions. Met for a 1 on 1 interview that lasted for about 30 minutes and everyone was very pleasant and kind. i even ran into people I know who work seasonally for H&R Block. You will have an opportunity to suggest a location to work but not likely to work at one of your picks.

no, negotiation

Tech Support Interview

not that good if you work seasonal and do not have another job outside of them

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at H&R Block.

I applied online and within a week received a call to come in for an interview. After my interview I was asked to make an appointment with the office manager the following day. During my interview I was asked why I wanted just a seasonal position and told I might be a better fit to prepare taxes based on my experience. Before meeting with the office manager, I received a call with an offer for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Very simple interview. The focus is on communication and relating to customers, making them feel welcome. Nothing out of the ordinary was asked.   Answer Question

I didn't like the variations in work schedule (sometimes PT, sometimes FT) and low pay ($9/hour) for only seasonal work. I accepted a position with another company.

Tax Associate Interview

You have to take a class for 3 months, totaling up to like 100 hours I think. The class costs at least $100. If you pass the test at the end of the class, then you go to the interview. So it's possible that you may not get hired after the money and time spent even if you passed the test. But 9/10 you'll get hired.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the interview being difficult because you already took the test and passed. It was more like they were telling you what was expected of you since you already proved that you knew the basics of tax preparation.   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at H&R Block.

I interviewed for a seasonal client service position interview lasted 15 minutes if that. I think they just want to make sure you can put sentences together and if you can you are hired!!!!!!

Interview Questions
    • The manager pulled up a schedule and created a scenario where client made an appointment and all the tax professionals are booked what would you do?   Answer Question

District Ops Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at H&R Block.

Received an email to complete an online qualifying test. Pretty comprehensive. Short time after, received a call from a recruiter to set up in person interview. Met with District Managers and another District Ops Coordinator. Have not heard back following that interview, however have seen the position re-posted.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have supporting retail establishments?   Answer Question