H&R Block Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.2

Tax Associate Interview

You have to take a class for 3 months, totaling up to like 100 hours I think. The class costs at least $100. If you pass the test at the end of the class, then you go to the interview. So it's possible that you may not get hired after the money and time spent even if you passed the test. But 9/10 you'll get hired.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the interview being difficult because you already took the test and passed. It was more like they were telling you what was expected of you since you already proved that you knew the basics of tax preparation.   Answer Question

District Ops Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at H&R Block.

Received an email to complete an online qualifying test. Pretty comprehensive. Short time after, received a call from a recruiter to set up in person interview. Met with District Managers and another District Ops Coordinator. Have not heard back following that interview, however have seen the position re-posted.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have supporting retail establishments?   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at H&R Block.

I interviewed for a seasonal client service position interview lasted 15 minutes if that. I think they just want to make sure you can put sentences together and if you can you are hired!!!!!!

Interview Questions
    • The manager pulled up a schedule and created a scenario where client made an appointment and all the tax professionals are booked what would you do?   Answer Question

Tax Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in December 2013.

I applied for the job online via Indeed.com, got a call from corporate to do an interview locally.

I interviewed for a seasonal tax job and went to the Tax Institute for the interview in a suit, met with guys in t-shirts and jeans.

The interview itself lasted 15min max, they asked me to regurgitate my resume and then answered my questions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about my experience but no technical questions.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at H&R Block.

Took course and passed it then interviewed with franchise owner easy process

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself going in company in the future   View Answer

Office Leader Interview

It was a job promotion. Interview was with District Manager. After which decision was made. This was in Texas.

Interview Questions
    • Unpleasant situation at prior company and how did you manage the situation?   Answer Question

Customer Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I filled out the application online and received a call within a few weeks for a face-to-face interview. People were very nice, asked questions like what can you bring to our table to get us more customers, describe a time you helped out your coworkers, describe a time you had a difficult boss. Pretty basic questions. They asked my availability and described how the training would go and when it would start. Not a very stressful interview.

Interview Questions
    • None really difficult, if you have been to a few interviews, you have heard them before.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they do not need to hire people with experience.

Client Service Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at H&R Block in December 2012.

Applied online and completed a web questionnaire with typical questions (i.e. "I like to work in groups - Strongly Agree, Agree, Neutral, Disagree, Strongly Disagree") Received a phone call to schedule a face-to-face interview at the training office. She was a wonderfully nice lady who asked important questions that give you insight on the type of job you will be doing. She told me right away that she would like to extend an offer for employment and what the pay would be like, and I signed all my employment documents (I-9, etc) within the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have to manage group.   View Answer
    Little negotiation. They offered me more than minimum wage, and I was happy with that.

First Year Tax Pro Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at H&R Block in November 2013.

i took the basic tax course (pass with 80%+), applied online and was called in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • no questions out of the blue.. just simple questions like; what do you expect from h&r block, how did you address an unhappy customer/client, what your last job was like and what you least liked about that position.   Answer Question

Seasonal Client Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at H&R Block in November 2013.

Signed up through college job fair, was called next day with information (apply online, complete assessment, which office to go to for interview) they will gladly answer any and all questions. I completed the online application except the assessment did not go through the system for me (I don't know why). Arrived to designated office and they asked if I completed the online application as well as the assessment, I told them what happened and they gladly helped me. Took the assessment before my scheduled interview. I was interviewed by the District Manager and there was another person present who was overseeing the interview. It was a group interview but one person at a time and when that person was done they would leave. I was the third person out of six applicants and all of us were in college. I was kind of nervous but the DM was extremely friendly and nice. The DM asked questions revolving customer service since it is a direct customer service position. Questions such as how did you handle a difficult customer? How would you? (for those who haven't ever) What did you like most/least about your last job? What do you like about customer service? When you apply online it asks which office you want to work at and at the interview the DM will ask which one. I put down I couldn't work Mon-Wed because I still have not chosen my classes for Spring but I explained that and they were glad I did. They have flexible scheduling especially with students and no experience is necessary, they will train you ( it's paid training). The DM explained the position would be from January 2 through April (tax season). When the DM was done, she asked if I had any questions regarding the position or the company, I said no because I forgot what I wanted to ask.

Interview Questions
    • Was not difficult, questions revolved around customer service (how did you handle a difficult customer or how would you?). What did you like about your previous employment? Basic questions.   Answer Question