H&R Block Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO

3.1

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online - interviewed at H&R Block.

Interviewing and and hiring process is good. Orientation and staff meeting. Not really any problem to see forward. License, questions for low income on a paper for tax credit and free parking. Strict about missed days of work are explained before hiring.

Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at H&R Block in January 2013.

Completed over a several month period including resume, interview, work samples.

Office Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in January 2014.

I attended a mass cattle call for my first interview, and the interviewer was not very organized, not very professional, and not very skilled in interviewing. I then received a call to have a second interview with the district manager, who was very professional and engaging. I was asked to go on line and take an assessment, which included video simulation questions that were intended to capture how I would manage certain situations in the office. The actual hiring process took forever as the system they use for background checks couldn't seem to make sense of my military APO AP address.

Interview Questions
    There is a range. You will either find it acceptable, or not acceptable.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

interviewed at H&R Block in January 2013.

Had a phone interview as the first round with technical questions related to the data base techniques regarding the stored procedures, functions, triggers. etc.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to write a shell script to transfer data to a SFTP site   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online - interviewed at H&R Block in August 2011.

There was a phone interview (30 minutes with recruiter) followed by an interview on-site (group of 2--45 minutes) the next week, followed by an offer the following week. Interview questions were standard behavioral questions. They look for SMART answers--this is also how performance is evaluated.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you implemented a change, and how it benefited the company.   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at H&R Block in November 2012.

Was initially contacted with a pre-employment assessment test (common sense stuff).
    Was called in for an interview within a week or so, heard back another 3 days later with an offer pending completion of the background check.

Interview itself was pretty straight forward

Interview Questions
    • You are trying to access a file on a shared drive, but cannot (somewhat vague way to phrase question, but that is its intent I suppose)   View Answers (2)
    No negotiation

Forecasting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in August 2008.

The first step was an interview with the HR manager. She noted my skills and abilities based on the job description. Then I talked to the hiring manager on the phone. She asked me questions about the things I mentioned in the resume. The third step was a math test that I had to take on-site. Finally, I was invited for an on-site interview with the entire team. They asked me various questions about my position and also IQ-type questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of the time you dealt with conflict. If you have a difficult person to deal with at a senior leadership position, how do you push back?   Answer Question
    I did not really negotiate. I took the package because they made a good offer.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in September 2011.

Professional and cordial. I was able to find out that the candidate selected had several years of experience in the position at another company.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in April 2011.

Initial interview went well for a temporary assignment to last five weeks at H&R Block's world headquarters. A job was subsequently offered, then later rescinded a full week later when the company decided they wanted to see verification of self-employment for the past three years, requesting access to my personal tax records. At this point, I had already filled out three separate and very extensive background checks for what amounts to a temporary assignment that is low in pay.

I declined to provide such personal information to the company. They then came back and restated the offer, this time without the necessity to provide the requested records. But then, astonishingly, later the same day I was contacted stating that I could be hired for two weeks as a probationary measure, but that at the end of those two weeks they again would need to see my tax records for the past three years. I have a professional background with great references, and I am highly skilled. I also happen to be unwilling to divulge personal data to any large company simply because they feel a potential candidate might be desperate enough for a job to give up their rights and privacy. This was possibly the most bizarre and maddening interview process I have ever encountered.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions concerned my background and skills primarily, and included a proficiency test.   Answer Question

This job is declined due to a poorly conducted interview-hire process. Offering, rescinding, offering again, then rescinding again was extremely unprofessional and unwarranted.

Lead Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in December 2008.

HR called me. I had a phone interview with the HR person. Then, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was brought on site for more interviews (5 or 6 people).

Interview Questions
    Try to get as high as salary as you can. Once you're in, then the raises are 0-3%.

Worked for H&R Block? Contribute to the Community!