H&R Block Office Leader Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2015
Updated Mar 15, 2015

2.6

Office Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at H&R Block (Tampa, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

If you have a pulse, and are willing to work for peanuts, you're in. No tax background required to manage tax professionals and the tax service experience. Interview consists of possible customer and employee scenarios that you are asked how you would handle. Common sense is key.

Interview Questions

• As an office manager, how would you handle an angry or disgruntled customer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for H&R Block

Office Leader Interview

Interview

It was a job promotion. Interview was with District Manager. After which decision was made. This was in Texas.

Interview Questions

• Unpleasant situation at prior company and how did you manage the situation?   Answer Question

Office Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at H&R Block (Augusta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is much improved over the last few years.

Interview Questions

• Why do we keep raising client tax preparation rates in this economy? We keep losing customers who say they can no longer afford us.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I like the company.

Office Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block (Houston, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Initially, I found out about this interview through a hiring session by a local employment agency. I attended the hiring session and was invited for an "on the spot" interview at this interview I was invited to the office interview with 2 District Managers and 1 Office Leader. The first appointment was rescheduled. The 2nd appointment only 1 District Manager was present and 1 Office Leader. The interview process for me was very unfriendly and discouraging.

The DM greeted me with a handshake and no smile and asked me to sit and briefly described the interview process which includes behavioral type questions that should be answered in a STAR (Situation, Task, Action, and Result) format. I was surprised by this because most companies warn you about these type of process because it is usually difficult if you have not prepared for it. At any rate, I did mention that I was familiar with this process and proceeded with the interview nonetheless.

The entire interview process was awful from the moment I was greeted. As soon as the door closed, the interviewers began firing away. Each question was heavy packed with great detail and the interviewers read from the sheet and had a poor attitude when asked to repeat the question. Overall, I felt the interview was highly unwelcoming for the following reasons:

1) Tone in the DM's voice was very direct and cold
    2) I was not offered nor provided a table space to write down the questions which were multi-leveled
    3) A fan was blowing in the interview room and blew my papers on the floor several times
    4) I had to ask if the fan could be turned off because it was such a disruption to the interview process
    5) I felt as though I was being "grilled" and interrogated
    6) I was greeted with a name and a handshake (not a "good morning" or "Welcome to H & R Block")
    7) I asked great questions (in my opinion) which were all answered with a yes, no or just peer resistance or hesitance. (at any rate unattractive response from a leader in an organization)
    8) I was dismissed with no business cards or contact info and I did not even get names of the interviewers

Perhaps, this was my experience only. I could not figure out why so many things turned out poorly about this process. At any rate, it completely changed my opinion of the company and I have been a customer for many years. I was expecting a warm, friendly, and welcoming environment considering the strong focus on corporate values at the information session.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever implemented a new strategy? If so what was the result and how did it improve the process?   1 Answer
    • Do you have marketing experience?   1 Answer

Office Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at H&R Block (Greenville, SC) in October 2008.

Interview

Contacted by telephone after submitting an online application, and after successfully completing the corporation's basic tax course. The interview was set with the DIstrict Manager and an assistant. The District Manager did not provide clear specifications regarding work schedule and something called "fdlexible pay rate". Basically, it seemed that the objective was to find someone as quickly as possible to fill the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiating; salary was very much fixed at as unchangable amount.

Office Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

Varies depending on your history with the company

Office Leader Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block in September 2011.

Interview

First, you attend a job fair. At the job fair, I had a screening interview. After that, I was told if I was selected I would get another interview from the director. I got an email saying the director was having orientation about the job and to please attend. At the that time, if we were still interested we were going to now go to a 1:1 interview with the director. At the last interview, you will find out if you got the job.

Interview Questions

• There were typical questions, questions about myself, my experience, and a situation type question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotion

Office Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at H&R Block in September 2010.

Interview

I went in and did a 1:1 interview with the District Manager, mostly questions about Experience and Education...another panel interview is sceduled.