H&R Block

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Office Manager III

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview Details – You must complete all applications online. If HR deems you suitable you will be asked to sign a release so they can do a background check. If you pass your background you move onto the interview stage, this interview is with the District Manager and the questions are Situational based. "What would you do in this situation?" Very easy and simple process, if chosen you are notified by phone and told to watch your emails because you will be receiving two instructional emails to complete all hiring paperwork.

Interview Question – In the even t a client in being disruptive and confrontational in the office what is your plan of action.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was little negotiation, they are pretty set on salary based on the size and revenue generation the office/area you will be managing generates. Pay is performance based and can be quite generous is you put in the work.

Office Manager III

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview Details – After completing the income tax course, you apply online thru hrblock.com, take the assessment and if you qualify, some from HR in Kansas will call you to set up an interview appointment. You will meet with the district manager and possibly two other managers from the area

Interview Question – Questions are common and related to customer service, team work and leadership skills   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation for this position. Wage was based on position.

Very Easy Interview

Billings, MT

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at H&R Block in October 2012.

Interview Details – Employment is based on your ability to pass the Basic Tax Course with a score of 80% or higher. A job offer is extended to everyone in the class during the first week and is only guaranteed if you pass the course.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – This will be my 3rd year with the Block. Last season I managed 2 offices and was not compensated for it. This year I was again asked to manage to offices but management did not want to reward me for the double duty. And I refuse to work that hard, take additional time away from my family, for nothing.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

El Paso, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at H&R Block in August 2011.

Interview Details – Former employer so it was easy, just basically asked if I wanted to stay in the same office

Interview Questions

• What were your major responsibilities/duties in your last role?   Answer Question
  • How do you ensure the work product being delivered is within “scope” or is what was requested?   Answer Question
  • Describe how you involve other team members in the final decision making process. What do you do to make them feel their input adds value? Give me a specific example.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing. Know that it is a seasonal position

Interviews for Top Jobs at H&R Block

Worked for H&R Block? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at H&R Block Office Manager III interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by H&R Block employees and interview candidates.