H&R Block

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Office Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview Details – Panel of DM, DOC, and Office Leaders

Interview Question – How do you handle customer complaints.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on salary

Very Easy Interview

Sarasota, FL

I applied through other source - interviewed at H&R Block in September 2011.

Interview Details – Two person to person, plus several phone interviews. Very through, very professional. H&R Block's District Manager did all my interviews, not HR. She was very knowledgible and convincing that H&R Block was agreat company to work for.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions, or questions to difficult answer correctly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very friendly, and I got a higher income from the negotiations.

Office Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at H&R Block in September 2009.

Interview Details – Interview with District Manager. Was asked about background. Was asked some basic questions like: tell me about a time when you had an unhappy client/customer. What was the problem, how did you deal with it and what was the outcome. Had to do for both a good outcome and a bad outcome. Another question, tell me about an employee that was not doing their job correctly. What steps did you use to get them to do their work correctly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an unhappy client/customer. What led to them being unhappy, what did you do to fix the problem and what was the final outcome? Asked for answers for both happy and unhappy outcomes.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when a subordinate was not doing their job correctly. what were they doing wrong, how did you approach them about this and how did you talk to them about the problem. What was the final outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. You do not know what they are offering you until some time after the interview when they email you an employment offer letter.

Interviews for Top Jobs at H&R Block

Worked for H&R Block? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at H&R Block Office Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by H&R Block employees and interview candidates.