H&R Block Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (San Diego, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

it was very personable everyone was friendly and receptive. They were very interested in me and what would interest me. They were also interested in which area I wanted to work in. One person actually had a question about Financial Aid for school (current career). I would have been very happy to work for any one of those managers in the future.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for H&R Block

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Champaign, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

The training took about 3-4 months (August/Sept-December), and the interviews occurred around the final exam. There were two interviewers, one who appeared to just be learning the ropes, and they ask the typical questions-- think of a time when you had a difficult client, how you are a team player, strengths/weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you volunteered to do something.   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block in October 2014.

Interview

Signed up for the income tax course. If you make it through the course by staying on top of the readings and assignments and do well; you should get an interview offer.

Interview Questions

• Very informal interview. Met with the office manager and talked about why I wanted to work for Block..   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

H&R Block requires that you attend a training course without guarantee of hire. This course lasted for two months. It consisted of an introduction to the basics of preparing personal income taxes. Employees were chosen based off of testing results.

Negotiation

I was offered the position and informed of what my starting commission would be. I was paid an hourly wage throughout the tax season and this was subtracted from the total bonus I earned for the tax season. I received part of my bonus at the end of March and the second bonus about a week and a half after tax season ended.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Houston, TX).

Interview

An interview with the District Manager whom asked about your work history, education, and background. Then a skills, and personality test was performed.

Negotiation

Easy process

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

You have to take a class for 3 months, totaling up to like 100 hours I think. The class costs at least $100. If you pass the test at the end of the class, then you go to the interview. So it's possible that you may not get hired after the money and time spent even if you passed the test. But 9/10 you'll get hired.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the interview being difficult because you already took the test and passed. It was more like they were telling you what was expected of you since you already proved that you knew the basics of tax preparation.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

Took course and passed it then interviewed with franchise owner easy process

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself going in company in the future   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Miami, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

It was very accurate and comprehensive. It took 45 minutes. The interviewer was very skillful and mean.

Interview Questions

• The question regarding the team group handling experiences   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

You need to have completed education requirements and passed with a level of 80% or greater. Application process is repeated yearly and has gotten extremely and unnecessarily tedious of the past several years. The first steps are done online and then you'll meet with the regional manager who will conduct a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Most of the candidates are recent former students of tax classes at H&R Block and will have proven themselves in their classes. Additionally, they'll have most likely already met the regional manager who does the the in person interviews at least once. Cannot recollect anything difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at H&R Block in November 2013.

Interview

Apply online, get an interview. They ask, you answer. I went to 5 interviews at different offices. I got offers in all since I did very good. Then get a PTIN then do a very long onboarding process. Background check is required.

Interview Questions

• How will you respond to an angry customer. How do you multi-task.   Answer Question