H&R Block Tax Associate Interview Questions

2.1

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at H&R Block in December 2012.

The interview process includes questions about my availability, comfort with selling financial products, performance measures, and some behavioral questions like how I would handle conflict with a customer. It is extremely easy and comfortable as you are likely to already have developed some kind of working relationship with the person interviewing you.

Interview Questions
  • How do I feel about working to obtain sales goals?   View Answer
No negotiation. Wages are set.

Other Interview Reviews for H&R Block

Tax Associate Interview

H&R Block requires that you attend a training course without guarantee of hire. This course lasted for two months. It consisted of an introduction to the basics of preparing personal income taxes. Employees were chosen based off of testing results.

I was offered the position and informed of what my starting commission would be. I was paid an hourly wage throughout the tax season and this was subtracted from the total bonus I earned for the tax season. I received part of my bonus at the end of March and the second bonus about a week and a half after tax season ended.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portsmouth, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at H&R Block in November 2013.

Default Interview in relation to what you know about the company, what qualifies your tax knowledge, how did you like/dislike of the H&R Block course, work related problems and team work skills. Prior work experience contribution to this job. Although scheduled, there are certain number of applicants and it is first come first served.

Interview Questions
    • How would you drive revenue, promote sales, and client retention.   View Answer
    Tax Associates starts off the same.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at H&R Block.

An interview with the District Manager whom asked about your work history, education, and background. Then a skills, and personality test was performed.

Easy process

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in January 2010.

Hiring is not difficult but you must pass the Basic Tax Course (84 hours) with an 80% or above to be considered. You can also tax the Tax Assessment online if you have previous experience.

Interview Questions
    Scheduling and office location are extremely negotionable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in December 2013.

It was very accurate and comprehensive. It took 45 minutes. The interviewer was very skillful and mean.

Interview Questions
    • The question regarding the team group handling experiences   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

You have to take a class for 3 months, totaling up to like 100 hours I think. The class costs at least $100. If you pass the test at the end of the class, then you go to the interview. So it's possible that you may not get hired after the money and time spent even if you passed the test. But 9/10 you'll get hired.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the interview being difficult because you already took the test and passed. It was more like they were telling you what was expected of you since you already proved that you knew the basics of tax preparation.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at H&R Block.

Took course and passed it then interviewed with franchise owner easy process

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself going in company in the future   View Answer

Tax Associate Interview

You need to have completed education requirements and passed with a level of 80% or greater. Application process is repeated yearly and has gotten extremely and unnecessarily tedious of the past several years. The first steps are done online and then you'll meet with the regional manager who will conduct a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the candidates are recent former students of tax classes at H&R Block and will have proven themselves in their classes. Additionally, they'll have most likely already met the regional manager who does the the in person interviews at least once. Cannot recollect anything difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at H&R Block in September 2013.

Applying for the job is very easy. Just go to H&R Block website and fill in the application. You will then be sent and email to schedule an interview. The interview is about 20 minutes long. You will be told how you scored relevant to the job. You will be told what classes you still need to take if you have not completed all of them.

Interview Questions
    • How would I make more money for the company.   View Answer

Worked for H&R Block? Contribute to the Community!