H&R Block Tax Preparer Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at H&R Block (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I took a class that was offer by H&R Block. After the midterm, the instructor send out information about the interview date as well as the location. You will have to apply online first and choose a location that you wish to work at. Then you will have to call in when get a slot for your interview.

Interview Questions

• General questions about customer service, some scenarios. and some technical questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for H&R Block

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&R Block (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Very easy, relaxed. I applied online and took an online assessment. I met with the District Manager one-on-one. It was very straight forward and I was offered a position that day. Unfortunately, the location I applied for was full. However, I was offered 2 other locations. Usually they require people take there basic prep class. But, since I passed their online assessment (before my interview), and had a MBA, I was not required to take the class.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

Interview was 30 minutes long. It was a walk-in. Basic interview with education, experience, and skill-related questions. Some situational questions as well. Didn't get an offer because I didn't have the necessary experience despite passing the H&R Block Tax Course.

Tax Preparer Interview

Interview

The lady told me to fill a form first then asked me a lot of behavior question.Do you have sales experience? What to do with an angry customer? Anything you learn from previous experience.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions. Do you have sales experience? What to do with an angry customer? Anything you learn from previous experience.   Answer Question

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

This is not an hourly pay job. They pay piecemeal or by production and if you want to make money, you gotta bring in the people yourself. Only take the job if you can produce human traffic to their door.

Interview Questions

obviously not a pay by the hour job

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

I completed the online tax knowledge evaluation rather than taking the H&R Block tax course that is offered. A week later I received a call asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was short, sweet, and to the point, and a few days later I was called and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised at how many questions were asked about clerical work. Turns out the interviewer thought I was there for an admin position, so my advice is to verify that when you arrive.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at H&R Block (Hampton, VA).

Interview

Hiring and Interview was a part of the educational process. As long as you pass the course and take a personality test they will hire you. Interview questions were easy and pretty much a formality.

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block in August 2014.

Interview

I have not gone through the hiring or interview process yet. Start the class soon. Hoping to get an interview after I finish the class, providing that I do well enough in the class to be considered for hire.

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

Short and sweet already worked for the company. Went over expectations for the upcoming year. They make you interview every year. The hiring process is long and drawn out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at H&R Block (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Manager was helpful. Had experience with taxes. Have worked with Block before. They were happy to have me back. The more clients you serve the more money you make. Can make a bonus at the end of tax season.

Interview Questions

• all questions were typical how to handle clients questions.   Answer Question