H&R Block

17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Tax Preparer

I applied through other source and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in August 2014.

Interview Details – I have not gone through the hiring or interview process yet. Start the class soon. Hoping to get an interview after I finish the class, providing that I do well enough in the class to be considered for hire.

Tax Preparer

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview Details – Short and sweet already worked for the company. Went over expectations for the upcoming year. They make you interview every year. The hiring process is long and drawn out.

Interview Question – There were none   Answer Question

Newark, NJ

I applied in-person and interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview Details – Manager was helpful. Had experience with taxes. Have worked with Block before. They were happy to have me back. The more clients you serve the more money you make. Can make a bonus at the end of tax season.

Interview Question – all questions were typical how to handle clients questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fredericksburg, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in November 2010.

Interview Details – My hiring process started before I knew I wanted to work for H R Block. It started while taking a class about taxes. After passing the class, I was asked by the instructor to interview. After that, all correspondence was done online. Process can be frustrating. But you are able to get help at H R Block office.

Interview Question – When you are asked if you like taxes, give an honest answer.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Tax Preparer

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview Details – The interview process was sketchy, at best. She had a set list of questions and didn't even look me in the eye during the interview. Once I got an offer, the website was so glitchy that I spent almost a month wasting my time communicating with different offices, and over an hour on the phone with Kansas City to have my offer letter emailed to me as an attachment. I responded to the email, but it was not processed in the system for over a week, so I received countless nagging calls and emails to do something I had already done. I never received the rest of my new-hire paperwork.

Interview Question – "You will not have the option to work for commission--is that ok?" Even though I was a returning tax preparer with good numbers. The offer letter contradicted this remark.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted by email, because the hiring website was not working properly. When I spent the next week pursuing the proper paperwork, I decided it was not worth it to work for the company, and I withdrew my acceptance.

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview Details – You have to go through a course and once you pass, you will be called in to the district office for an interview. Interview is easy. They know that you are new.

Interview Question – What do you like most about taxes?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They automatically give you $7.50 (depending on which city you're in). You have no say in your salary.

South Bend, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at H&R Block in February 2010.

Interview Details – the process began with the recruiter calling me to know more about my past experience and skills, then went in to office to test out on the tax exam before i could take the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation for wages. its fixed.

Saint Joseph, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at H&R Block in November 2009.

Interview Details – Passing the H&R Block tax class is mandatory before interviewed. Everyone who passes the tax class with an 80% is offered a Customer Service or Tax Preparer position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Nn negotiation.

Benton Harbor, MI

The process took 1 week - interviewed at H&R Block in November 2010.

Interview Details – I didn't have to do much was a returning seasonal employee. I just took the course the year before passed with a 90, got an interview, dressed professionally, and then I was offered a temp position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Easy.

Plano, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at H&R Block in January 2010.

Interview Details – As I had worked there the past 3 years, I was automatically hired.

Interview Question – What are your goals for this year?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate

Worked for H&R Block? Contribute to the Community!