H&R Block

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Professional

I applied in-person - interviewed at H&R Block in November 2010.

Interview Details – Interview, resume, Tax class and more.

Interview Question – How long will you stay?   View Answer

Interviewed at H&R Block

Interview Details – An interview for tax professional position should be fairly simple and easy since there is a few month tax prep training beforehand. The interviewers I had began with a casual conversation, and after few questions regarding office location and schedule, they asked general tax questions such as filing status, deduction, and credits.

Interview Question – The interviewers chose tricky questions related to QC, QR, HH, and EIC, which are widly covered in the tax prep training and are frequently encountered in actual tax prep with clients.   Answer Question

Jackson, MS

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at H&R Block in July 2011.

Interview Details – Went to their on-site job fair, filed the application, interviewed by two persons. Very basic behavioral questions like, leadership, conflict questions.

Interview Question – tell me a time when you cannot meet a client's expectation.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at H&R Block in November 2009.

Interview Details – If you get more than 80% marks and can get good recommendation from ur instructor,u get an interview call

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is no scope to negotiate

Tax Professional

I applied through other source - interviewed at H&R Block in August 2012.

Interview Details – As a returning Tax Professional I was interviewed by the District Manager in August. I was asked if I was planning on returning for another tax season. I signed up for the next level of tax courses for me to take. The course began in Sept.- Dec Each person must obtain a minimum of 80% in the theroy and 80% in the software to enable them to be employed as a Tax Professional. Once the course grade has been obtained I was asked what office I wanted to work out of. I wanted to return to the same office as prior years.

Interview Question – I was asked to tell my District Manager what my target numbers were going to be for the current year.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation at all you are told this is what you are going to be paid period.

Interviews for Top Jobs at H&R Block

Worked for H&R Block? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at H&R Block Tax Professional interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by H&R Block employees and interview candidates.