H&R Block

Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.3

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Professional Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block.

The hiring process took about 3 weeks and the interview was held at their regional office with one of their senior managers. The interview was brief and contained mostly behavioral questions along with a few past experiences of situation based encounters with clients or people in general. A few weeks after the interview I received the official job offer through their online web portal.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation in which you were faced with a conflict with another person and how did you resolve the conflict.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for H&R Block

Tax Professional Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&R Block.

Initial hires must either take the Basic Course and pass with minimum 80% score or have three attempts to pass the Tax Knowledge Assessment exam. Returning employees must reapply every fall, will have an interview with the District Manager covering the previous year's performance and coming season's expectations.

Did not negotiate.

Tax Professional Interview

The interview process was fairly short. They just wanted to know my work history and asked various questions about my past experience. They also explained the expectations of the job.

There isn't any. The salary is the same for everyone. The only potential to earn more is based on number of tax returns completed and years of service.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&R Block in July 2014.

I had a behavioral type interview and the interviewer was very thorough and personable. I answered the questions honestly. I also impressed here with some of my experiences like handling an emotional client, even-though the manager was getting upset I remained calm and was able to help him finish his return satisfactory.

Interview Questions
    • It was the question about marketing. I was not expecting a marketing question at a tax preparer interview.   View Answer
    She was very helpful and got me in contact with an office closer to my house. The pay rate may be lower, but I will have less commute time and less fuel expense.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at H&R Block in December 2013.

I had to complete a 2 month tax course with a satisfactory score of 70%. The interview was in group form which was my first experience at that. They just asked basic questions such as why I wanted the job and to tell about an experience of how you handled a disgruntled customer.

Tax Professional Interview

An interview for tax professional position should be fairly simple and easy since there is a few month tax prep training beforehand. The interviewers I had began with a casual conversation, and after few questions regarding office location and schedule, they asked general tax questions such as filing status, deduction, and credits.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers chose tricky questions related to QC, QR, HH, and EIC, which are widly covered in the tax prep training and are frequently encountered in actual tax prep with clients.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at H&R Block in July 2011.

Went to their on-site job fair, filed the application, interviewed by two persons. Very basic behavioral questions like, leadership, conflict questions.

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time when you cannot meet a client's expectation.   Answer Question

Tax Professional Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at H&R Block in December 2010.

I took the tax class. Then I passed all exams. Passed the interview and then I got an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce City, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce City, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at H&R Block in November 2010.

Applied online with multiple questions and attached a recent uplaod of my resume. I was then contacted about a week later and conducted a phone interview, in person interview, backround and drug screen.

Tax Professional Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at H&R Block in November 2010.

Interview, resume, Tax class and more.