HA&W

Very Easy Interview

Staff Auditor Interview

Staff Auditor
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HA&W in October 2008.

Interview Details – My first contact with HA&W was at my university's career fair. A few days later I was contacted for an on-campus interview. The interview was with a partner and lasted 30 minutes. The only question he asked me was, "Tell me about yourself." He talked about the firm the rest of the time.

A few days after that I was invited to a firm dinner at a really nice restaurant along with dozens of other candidates and a company tour the next day. We were all put up in a hotel for the night. The whole thing was completely low stress, almost as if they were trying to convince us to work there.

I received an offer a few days after that.

Accountant Interview

Accountant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HA&W in October 2011.

Interview Details – 2 interviews with 4 different people. I felt like it would be a good fit. I was very wrong.

Negotiation Details – Negotiate to get what you want.

Tax Staff Interview

Tax Staff

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HA&W in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred to the firm by a professor and had seen them at a career fair. A dinner the night before the interviews was a great experience. The partners and HR recruiter were very friendly and personable. My interview the following morning was barely an interview as the partner felt he had a good grasp of who I was and wanted to bring me back to the office to meet with more partners. The HR rep kept me waiting in the lobby, but I immediately met with two partners back-to-back. They were both very friendly and gave me some insight into the work that they do. I was taken to lunch and met with a couple of seniors who gave me some more information and let me on my way. I received and accepted an offer the following week.

Interview Question – Give a time when you acted as a leader.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tax Internship Interview

Tax Internship

The process took a day - interviewed at HA&W in September 2011.

Interview Details – The initial process of socials and meet and greets was enjoyable despite them being exhausting. However, I was disappointed when my interview began over 15 minutes late and there seemed to be a lack of organization and professionalism by the HR person who interviewed me. She forgot my resume and was not even dressed in a business casual manner. This was of concern to me regarding the overall structure and organization of the firm because it is not very impressionable to send an unkempt person to interview a qualified and professionally mannered individual. I did not receive an offer from the firm, but it was not terribly disappointed because I was incredibly turned off by how the firm allowed itself to be represented.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Worked for HA&W? Contribute to the Community!