HARMAN Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2014

2.9

Senior Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HARMAN in September 2012.

Instead of giving a technical quiz and allowing the person some time to come of with answers and response appropriately. Technical questions are demanded of you right than and there to evaluate your technical knowledge. Not just your basic questions with a few here and there gotchas or have to think a little. But what is the equation for the beta gain of an NPN transistor. Which is almost never used for the current job.

This is not how my interview was run luckily, but is how they are going now with a new program manager. My interview I thought at the time was very professional and they had a desire to bring me on. Along with promise career movement after the hire on process and work evaluation. Which after new management no longer existed. So be warned of this.

Interview Questions
    • Current Hardware asks useless technical questions that applied back in 1800s. Something that is dealt little with today.   Answer Question
    Refusal to negotiate at the time of my interview.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at HARMAN in April 2013.

Recruiter/HR call 1 & 2, Phone interview with supervisor & one executive, 2-3 hour in-person interview with senior team members, hiring manager and executive

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at HARMAN in October 2013.

3 interviews and one in person. Really nice folks to talk with

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HARMAN in June 2011.

Initial phone interview went well- was asked very pertinent questions and had the opportunity to ask questions additional questions about company culture. Hiring manager was very professional and asked a wide variety of questions. The process overall was organized and allowed me to make an informed decision.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was quick and easy.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at HARMAN in November 2013.

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn
    Phone interview: Resume review, HR questions
    Online Coding Test: simple, 3 questions to code in 30min.
    Phone interview by principal SE: Questions on previous projects, questions on teamwork
    Onsite: Scheduled, yet to go for onsite interview

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sandy, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at HARMAN in July 2009.

got a call and request for an interview. after an initial phone interview and face to face meeting I was asked to come take a test. after taking the test I returned a few weeks later for 2 additional interviews.

Interview Questions
    offer was extended. I countered with slightly higher amount. they quickly replied with a slightly increased offer but not the full amount I'd requested. I accepted their 2nd offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vernon Hills, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HARMAN in September 2013.

1. Written Test
               Create a hash map iterator
               Binary Search
               Algo to print 1 to 100, but replace 5 by five, 10 by ten and 15 by fifteen
    2. Onsite: 3 Technical Rounds
              Fibonacci Series
              Find a loop in linked list
              Number from 1 to 1002 stored in an array, two duplicates. Most efficient method to find the duplicate. And what other data structure would be good
              Question on threads
    3. Interview with VP
              Personality related questions
              How to improve join efficiency in huge tables

Technical interviews were not very tough but VP screening results is most denials. We proceed to different levels of interview based on the performance of the previous one. Recruiter said VP said no to my candidacy

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected Question: VP asked to give a situation where my opinion was different from what others said. The situation could be technical or non-technical   Answer Question

New Grad Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vernon Hills, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at HARMAN.

1.In depth java conceptual interview round.The interviewer was encouraging and a interviewed on some good java concepts.
    2.Again a java conceptual interview
    3.Onsite : programming interview,lunch

Didnt get reply .So followed up.I was told that I might have to give another round.
    Didnt hear back after 2 more follow ups nor did they call for another round. The entire process seemed very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question as such.The level of interview questions was mediocre.   Answer Question

Copy Editor/Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northridge, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at HARMAN in March 2009.

Two interviews -- one on the phone with an HR rep and one in person with the hiring manager -- plus an editing test.

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northridge, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at HARMAN in September 2009.

Got a call from a previous co-worker who said there was a position open and asked if I knew anybody. I applied myself since I was looking to change careers. It took a long time since it was a new position and not filling an existing one.

Interview Questions
    they offered 20k less than my current position. I asked them to split the difference with me. The increased their offer 10k.

Worked for HARMAN? Contribute to the Community!