HARMAN

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at HARMAN in April 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter/HR call 1 & 2, Phone interview with supervisor & one executive, 2-3 hour in-person interview with senior team members, hiring manager and executive

Interview Question – Where do you see this industry going?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at HARMAN in October 2013.

Interview Details – 3 interviews and one in person. Really nice folks to talk with

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Farmington Hills, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HARMAN in June 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview went well- was asked very pertinent questions and had the opportunity to ask questions additional questions about company culture. Hiring manager was very professional and asked a wide variety of questions. The process overall was organized and allowed me to make an informed decision.

Interview Question – How do you keep up to date with new technologies?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was quick and easy.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Farmington Hills, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at HARMAN in November 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn
Phone interview: Resume review, HR questions
Online Coding Test: simple, 3 questions to code in 30min.
Phone interview by principal SE: Questions on previous projects, questions on teamwork
Onsite: Scheduled, yet to go for onsite interview

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Sandy, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at HARMAN in July 2009.

Interview Details – got a call and request for an interview. after an initial phone interview and face to face meeting I was asked to come take a test. after taking the test I returned a few weeks later for 2 additional interviews.

Interview Question – nothing stands out as too difficult or strange   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – offer was extended. I countered with slightly higher amount. they quickly replied with a slightly increased offer but not the full amount I'd requested. I accepted their 2nd offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HARMAN in September 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Written Test
           Create a hash map iterator
           Binary Search
           Algo to print 1 to 100, but replace 5 by five, 10 by ten and 15 by fifteen
2. Onsite: 3 Technical Rounds
          Fibonacci Series
          Find a loop in linked list
          Number from 1 to 1002 stored in an array, two duplicates. Most efficient method to find the duplicate. And what other data structure would be good
          Question on threads
3. Interview with VP
          Personality related questions
          How to improve join efficiency in huge tables

Technical interviews were not very tough but VP screening results is most denials. We proceed to different levels of interview based on the performance of the previous one. Recruiter said VP said no to my candidacy

Interview Question – Unexpected Question: VP asked to give a situation where my opinion was different from what others said. The situation could be technical or non-technical   Answer Question

New Grad Software Engineer Interview

New Grad Software Engineer
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through college or university and interviewed at HARMAN.

Interview Details – 1.In depth java conceptual interview round.The interviewer was encouraging and a interviewed on some good java concepts.
2.Again a java conceptual interview
3.Onsite : programming interview,lunch

Didnt get reply .So followed up.I was told that I might have to give another round.
Didnt hear back after 2 more follow ups nor did they call for another round. The entire process seemed very unprofessional.

Interview Question – No difficult question as such.The level of interview questions was mediocre.   Answer Question

Copy Editor/Proofreader Interview

Copy Editor/Proofreader
Northridge, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at HARMAN in March 2009.

Interview Details – Two interviews -- one on the phone with an HR rep and one in person with the hiring manager -- plus an editing test.

Digital Marketing Interview

Digital Marketing
Northridge, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at HARMAN in September 2009.

Interview Details – Got a call from a previous co-worker who said there was a position open and asked if I knew anybody. I applied myself since I was looking to change careers. It took a long time since it was a new position and not filling an existing one.

Interview Question – none. It was a pretty standard interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they offered 20k less than my current position. I asked them to split the difference with me. The increased their offer 10k.

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HARMAN in May 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was way too lengthy. It began with a phone screen, an online test, and a technical phone interview. It then proceeded to an on-site interview with 4 engineers and 1 manager. Be prepared to go through multiple tests, from GRE type questions (yes! strange I know) to coding implementations. I must have passed these because the process then moved to stage two.

Stage two involved a lengthy code implementation type test through email (design, implement and compile a template-based linked list to manipulate and sort a given input file, according to certain supplied restrictions). Once I passed this, I was then scheduled to interview finally with the Division boss, who apparently makes the final hiring decisions. That interview though technical, was more ad-hoc, amorphous and very general. I thought it went well. But anything general is also subjective. Needless to say, I was not hired. The entire process lasted for more than 3 weeks.

Interview Question – GRE type tests were unexpected.   Answer Question

Worked for HARMAN? Contribute to the Community!