HARMAN

2.9

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at HARMAN.

The process was a complete horror story.

Interview Questions
    • Provide us with examples of a powerpoint presentation on performance management that you did?   View Answer

What a bunch of stupid, ignorant people. My experiences borders on discrimination!

Associate Engineer - Software Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at HARMAN.

3interviews seem to be typical. One is with HR, one is with the hiring manager and he usually brings in with him another manager and one is usually with members of the team you will be working with. Sometimes when they are not sure which group you will fit in then you only interview with hiring managers from different groups. The interview is usually have technical questions and half soft skills and team player type of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an overview of yourself and what interests you.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HARMAN in May 2013.

Interview process was way too lengthy. It began with a phone screen, an online test, and a technical phone interview. It then proceeded to an on-site interview with 4 engineers and 1 manager. Be prepared to go through multiple tests, from GRE type questions (yes! strange I know) to coding implementations. I must have passed these because the process then moved to stage two.

Stage two involved a lengthy code implementation type test through email (design, implement and compile a template-based linked list to manipulate and sort a given input file, according to certain supplied restrictions). Once I passed this, I was then scheduled to interview finally with the Division boss, who apparently makes the final hiring decisions. That interview though technical, was more ad-hoc, amorphous and very general. I thought it went well. But anything general is also subjective. Needless to say, I was not hired. The entire process lasted for more than 3 weeks.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

They sent me a test to be completed in 45 minutes.
    Then had a phone call. There were some interesting high level questions. It was only because of that call that I decided to go on site. But I was heavily disappointed.

Onsite -
    HR - typical HR questions
    technical - very easy questions. These guys do embedded systems so they don't use stl/boost. More of low level C.

Interview Questions
    • most "difficult" question involved implementing binary search. so you can imagine the easier ones. I did not get the offer maybe because I probably came off as arrogant or demanded a high salary but I wouldn't have accepted it anyway. Entry barrier to get in is just too low plus embedded systems is too dry for my taste.
      Been 2 months and I am still waiting for reimbursement))). So be careful with them.

Answer Question

SummerNavigation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HARMAN in April 2013.

Recruiting HR contacted me via LinkedIn. After reviewing my resume and writing one simple code question they schedule an interview with senior software engineer. Interviewer was nice. He asked some basic questions and some of the advanced questions in C++. I would recommend applicant to learn all the concept of C++ from learncpp.com. Then he gave one situation and asked what would be my approach. After one week I got offer.

Interview Questions
    They have fix pay standard. No negotiation possible.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HARMAN in April 2013.

Applied online
    Got a mail from Harman, that I will get a Technical questionnaire on C/C++ to fill.
    The very next day they mailed me a Technical questionnaire which was to be completed in 35 minutes. Though I managed to complete it within 15-20minutes.

Mix and match of C/C++ questions

Create a Hash-map iterator
    Code was given , to find out what algorithm is being implemented
    Some question on how to print a specific numbers out of a given numbers.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer was asking about Design Patterns, I never worked on it   Answer Question

Test Software Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I applied online – interviewed at HARMAN in April 2013.

Get a phone screen interview, and ask some questions about project

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at HARMAN in April 2013.

Recruiter/HR call 1 & 2, Phone interview with supervisor & one executive, 2-3 hour in-person interview with senior team members, hiring manager and executive

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HARMAN.

1) Career fair - short chat interview : I talked with them during career fair. They are basically the lead engineering guy and the hr people so i were briefly interviewed during the chat. They ask for your academic transcript and go through your resume. Actually if you have time they will do in person interview on the next day but i don't have time so i was briefly interviewed during the career fair.

2) Phone interview - with a senior java architect. Advance java concepts asked.

3) Online test - difficult online test about java. Expect detail java multi-threading questions.

Then they call me and decide that even though the steps are not that rigorous, they feel confident about my ability and give me the offer.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate because i think it's a fair salary for a new grad. You may want to negotiate if you want more.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HARMAN.

A phone interview first, then go on-site in LA.