HARMAN

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at HARMAN.

Interview Details – The process was a complete horror story.

Interview Question – Provide us with examples of a powerpoint presentation on performance management that you did?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – What a bunch of stupid, ignorant people. My experiences borders on discrimination!

SummerNavigation Interview

SummerNavigation
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HARMAN in April 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiting HR contacted me via LinkedIn. After reviewing my resume and writing one simple code question they schedule an interview with senior software engineer. Interviewer was nice. He asked some basic questions and some of the advanced questions in C++. I would recommend applicant to learn all the concept of C++ from learncpp.com. Then he gave one situation and asked what would be my approach. After one week I got offer.

Interview Question – STL in C++..   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They have fix pay standard. No negotiation possible.

Associate Engineer - Software Interview

Associate Engineer - Software

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HARMAN.

Interview Details – 3interviews seem to be typical. One is with HR, one is with the hiring manager and he usually brings in with him another manager and one is usually with members of the team you will be working with. Sometimes when they are not sure which group you will fit in then you only interview with hiring managers from different groups. The interview is usually have technical questions and half soft skills and team player type of questions.

Interview Question – Give me an overview of yourself and what interests you.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Vernon Hills, IL

Interviewed at HARMAN

Interview Details – They sent me a test to be completed in 45 minutes.
Then had a phone call. There were some interesting high level questions. It was only because of that call that I decided to go on site. But I was heavily disappointed.

Onsite -
HR - typical HR questions
technical - very easy questions. These guys do embedded systems so they don't use stl/boost. More of low level C.

Interview Question – most "difficult" question involved implementing binary search. so you can imagine the easier ones. I did not get the offer maybe because I probably came off as arrogant or demanded a high salary but I wouldn't have accepted it anyway. Entry barrier to get in is just too low plus embedded systems is too dry for my taste.
Been 2 months and I am still waiting for reimbursement))). So be careful with them.
  Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HARMAN in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online
Got a mail from Harman, that I will get a Technical questionnaire on C/C++ to fill.
The very next day they mailed me a Technical questionnaire which was to be completed in 35 minutes. Though I managed to complete it within 15-20minutes.

Mix and match of C/C++ questions

Create a Hash-map iterator
Code was given , to find out what algorithm is being implemented
Some question on how to print a specific numbers out of a given numbers.

Interview Question – Interviewer was asking about Design Patterns, I never worked on it   Answer Question

Test Software Internship Interview

Test Software Internship
Farmington Hills, MI

I applied online - interviewed at HARMAN in April 2013.

Interview Details – Get a phone screen interview, and ask some questions about project

Interview Question – a question focus on circuits   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Northridge, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HARMAN in July 2009.

Interview Details – One visit, two interviews, First with Recruiter, then Department Lead. Lead was very brusque and prickly. Received offer following day. He seemed to be in a hurry to fill the position. The recruiter was very nice and seemed very interested in my past experience and what I could bring to the company.

Interview Question – "Why should I hire you?"   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HARMAN.

Interview Details – 1) Career fair - short chat interview : I talked with them during career fair. They are basically the lead engineering guy and the hr people so i were briefly interviewed during the chat. They ask for your academic transcript and go through your resume. Actually if you have time they will do in person interview on the next day but i don't have time so i was briefly interviewed during the career fair.

2) Phone interview - with a senior java architect. Advance java concepts asked.

3) Online test - difficult online test about java. Expect detail java multi-threading questions.

Then they call me and decide that even though the steps are not that rigorous, they feel confident about my ability and give me the offer.

Interview Question – Java multi-threading questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because i think it's a fair salary for a new grad. You may want to negotiate if you want more.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HARMAN.

Interview Details – A phone interview first, then go on-site in LA.

Interview Question – Several C++ questions   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HARMAN.

Interview Details – Connected with a nice HR lady. She did not ask many questions. Instead, she gave you the information on the company and position. Sent you a screening test. Depending on different positions, this step may vary. Then, there was a technical interview. I like the process because it was very fast. You can get their response in one week.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected but need to know your resume.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at HARMAN