HARMAN

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at HARMAN in March 2012.

Phone screen by remote HR person, to validate salary expectations and high level qualifications. Received very positive feedback from this person.
All communication channeled through HR throughout the process.

In-person interviews with Hiring Manager, Direct Materials Purchasing Mgr., Purchasing Controller, and VP Purchasing. I received excellent feedback from all except the VP, who I could tell was giving me the furrowed brow that too often accompanies a judgement of "uh-oh,.....overqualified."

In spite of being told I was "THE" candidate of choice by the Hiring Manager, the process was inexplicably delayed for several weeks, at which point I was notified my application was no longer being considered, in favor of another candidate who was being pursued.

I received the perfunctory "we will keep your resume on file" message from the HR person, with no explanation as to what caused my status in the process to be changed from "move forward" to "turn off."

Interview Questions
  • "I have a concern, no wait, call it an "observation," in that I am not sure we have a job big enough for you."   View Answer