Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at HARMAN
- Software Engineer (9)
- Senior Software Engineer (5)
- Senior Software Engineer I (3)
- Associate Software Engineer (3)
- Marketing Manager (2)
- Associate Engineer - Software (2)
- Human Resources (2)
- Associate Engineer (2)
- Test Engineer (2)
- Senior Design Engineer (2)
- Senior Marketing Specialist (1)
- Office Manager (1)
- Digital Marketing (1)
- Purchasing (1)
- Technical Lead (1)
- Product Manager (1)
- Software Team Manager (1)
- New Grad Software Engineer (1)
- Global Product Line Manager (1)
- Hardware Engineer (1)
- Senior Engineer (1)
- Senior Hardware Design Engineer (1)
- Systems Architect (1)
- Finance (1)
- Sales Engineer (1)
- Software Engineering Intern (1)
- Embedded Software Engineer (1)
- Test Software Internship (1)
- SummerNavigation (1)
- Copy Editor/Proofreader (1)
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks – interviewed at HARMAN in March 2012.
Phone screen by remote HR person, to validate salary expectations and high level qualifications. Received very positive feedback from this person.
All communication channeled through HR throughout the process.
In-person interviews with Hiring Manager, Direct Materials Purchasing Mgr., Purchasing Controller, and VP Purchasing. I received excellent feedback from all except the VP, who I could tell was giving me the furrowed brow that too often accompanies a judgement of "uh-oh,.....overqualified."
In spite of being told I was "THE" candidate of choice by the Hiring Manager, the process was inexplicably delayed for several weeks, at which point I was notified my application was no longer being considered, in favor of another candidate who was being pursued.
I received the perfunctory "we will keep your resume on file" message from the HR person, with no explanation as to what caused my status in the process to be changed from "move forward" to "turn off."
- "I have a concern, no wait, call it an "observation," in that I am not sure we have a job big enough for you." View Answer