HBK Capital Management

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Development Interview

Software Development

I applied online and interviewed at HBK Capital Management.

Interview Details – Applied the position through university career center system. Got response from HR in about one week and scheduled a phone interview. Phone interview process lasted about 40 minutes. Asked about basic c++ questions, projects on the resume and one algorithm questions. The coding question is find two elements in an array which sum equals to a target number.

Interview Question – I mainly use Java, not very familiar with c++. Therefore, no doing well in c++ part. And I think that's why they turned me down.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Software Development Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at HBK Capital Management in September 2013.

Interview Details – They came to Rice and gimme an on-campus interview. As all other investment companies, they claim they are the best of the world, they beat Goldman Sachs, well, what can I say? The recruiter is a software engineer but in a cold manner and just above average skill.

Interview Question – How you tell if a positive number is a total square (4,9,16...) ? Notice that a square number is the summation of odd series ( 9=1+3+5, 16 = 1+3+5+7), so I thought to do minus is better that division. However, the recruiter never heard this! I guess that's why I've been ignored!

2 of my friends passed their 2nd turn coding test and went to on-site, 1 got an offer. And then HBK asked him for 3 recommendation letters, he did, and next morning he've been rejected!

This kinda company is definitely on your first-ignored-list
  View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for HBK Capital Management? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HBK Capital Management interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by HBK Capital Management employees and interview candidates.