HBK Capital Management

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

3.4

Risk Management Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HBK Capital Management.

Initial Communication: University hiring
    Number of Interviews: 1
    Mode of Interview: Telephonic
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Interview Questions
    • 1. Where was S&P500 and Dow Jones in the morning?
      2. What is the highest position in a career in Risk Management of an employee?
      3. How many risk metrics do you know of?
      4. Is VaR additive?
      5. How many trading strategies do you know of?
      6. What is convertible arbitrage?
      7. How many greeks of European option do you know? What do they intuitively signify?
      8. How do greeks change with time?

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at HBK Capital Management.

The interview was a 1-on-1 interview and highly technical. As soon as it started, technical questions were asked on data structures and algorithms; after those, I was asked one behavioral question and allowed to ask questions on HBK. It was casual and everyone was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Given two linked lists of different length, find the first node in common if they have one in common.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at HBK Capital Management in September 2014.

On-campus interview, I got their emails after the career fair. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes. A few behavior questions at first, and then two technical questions. The interviewer asked about finding duplicates in two linked lists and finding the lowest common ancestor. The interviewer was nice and gave me hints to approach the optimized solution (I think that's also the reason why I didn't pass the first round though).

Software Development Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HBK Capital Management.

Applied the position through university career center system. Got response from HR in about one week and scheduled a phone interview. Phone interview process lasted about 40 minutes. Asked about basic c++ questions, projects on the resume and one algorithm questions. The coding question is find two elements in an array which sum equals to a target number.

Interview Questions
    • I mainly use Java, not very familiar with c++. Therefore, no doing well in c++ part. And I think that's why they turned me down.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interviewed by two nice persons, in the first 10 minutes, they asked me about some experiences shown on my resume, especially a course project. After that I was asked two algorithm questions, codes were required to be written on the paper. in the last minutes I was asked a simple question. Totally, I wanna say It's a common IT interview, but a more comfortable and relaxed one.

Interview Questions
    • Did you go to the info session yesterday? I seemed did not see you.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at HBK Capital Management in September 2013.

They came to Rice and gimme an on-campus interview. As all other investment companies, they claim they are the best of the world, they beat Goldman Sachs, well, what can I say? The recruiter is a software engineer but in a cold manner and just above average skill.

Interview Questions
    • How you tell if a positive number is a total square (4,9,16...) ? Notice that a square number is the summation of odd series ( 9=1+3+5, 16 = 1+3+5+7), so I thought to do minus is better that division. However, the recruiter never heard this! I guess that's why I've been ignored!

2 of my friends passed their 2nd turn coding test and went to on-site, 1 got an offer. And then HBK asked him for 3 recommendation letters, he did, and next morning he've been rejected!

This kinda company is definitely on your first-ignored-list

View Answers (2)

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HBK Capital Management in March 2012.

I did two phone interviews and one on-site interview at their headquarters in Dallas. The phone interviews were more biased towards past experience than technical prowess. The on-site interview was similar and a very nice experience overall. Spoke with many people across many different levels of the firm.

The people I interviewed with were very nice and very kind about my concerns with potentially moving to Dallas. The office and work culture are excellent (casual and god-awfully spacious) as are the workplace perks (big cafeteria, gym in the building, etc.)

Interview Questions
    • Discussed some technical and implementational experiences from past projects.   Answer Question
    • Went through some general questions regarding AD, Windows Server 2003/2008 and File and Print Services.   Answer Question

Found another firm that was a better cultural fit.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at HBK Capital Management in March 2010.

I spoke to several managers about my skill set at my current employer and how I believed I had a lot of crossover relevant experience. I had positive feedback from HBK but in the end their timing and mine to switch jobs was not the same so we parted.

Interview Questions
    • How would you redesign a process at work that isn't working out?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HBK Capital Management in January 2007.

I found out about this opportunity at a local job fair. I submitted my resume at the job fair and the HR came back with an invitation to office visit. I had to meet with various people on the day and drilled programming algorithm and data structure questions. In the end I was asked to do a programming problem. That's it. One week later I got an offer.

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HBK Capital Management in September 2008.

Straightforward

Interview Questions
    • how do you integrate a strut with a declarative pointer in c++   View Answer
    • in convex sets, what is smalllest whole divider   View Answer