HBK Capital Management Interview Questions & Reviews

8 interviews

3.3

Software Development Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at HBK Capital Management.

Applied the position through university career center system. Got response from HR in about one week and scheduled a phone interview. Phone interview process lasted about 40 minutes. Asked about basic c++ questions, projects on the resume and one algorithm questions. The coding question is find two elements in an array which sum equals to a target number.

Interview Questions
    • I mainly use Java, not very familiar with c++. Therefore, no doing well in c++ part. And I think that's why they turned me down.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at HBK Capital Management in September 2013.

They came to Rice and gimme an on-campus interview. As all other investment companies, they claim they are the best of the world, they beat Goldman Sachs, well, what can I say? The recruiter is a software engineer but in a cold manner and just above average skill.

Interview Questions
    • How you tell if a positive number is a total square (4,9,16...) ? Notice that a square number is the summation of odd series ( 9=1+3+5, 16 = 1+3+5+7), so I thought to do minus is better that division. However, the recruiter never heard this! I guess that's why I've been ignored!

2 of my friends passed their 2nd turn coding test and went to on-site, 1 got an offer. And then HBK asked him for 3 recommendation letters, he did, and next morning he've been rejected!

This kinda company is definitely on your first-ignored-list
        View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interviewed by two nice persons, in the first 10 minutes, they asked me about some experiences shown on my resume, especially a course project. After that I was asked two algorithm questions, codes were required to be written on the paper. in the last minutes I was asked a simple question. Totally, I wanna say It's a common IT interview, but a more comfortable and relaxed one.

Interview Questions
    • Did you go to the info session yesterday? I seemed did not see you.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HBK Capital Management in March 2012.

I did two phone interviews and one on-site interview at their headquarters in Dallas. The phone interviews were more biased towards past experience than technical prowess. The on-site interview was similar and a very nice experience overall. Spoke with many people across many different levels of the firm.

The people I interviewed with were very nice and very kind about my concerns with potentially moving to Dallas. The office and work culture are excellent (casual and god-awfully spacious) as are the workplace perks (big cafeteria, gym in the building, etc.)

Interview Questions
    • Discussed some technical and implementational experiences from past projects.   Answer Question
    • Went through some general questions regarding AD, Windows Server 2003/2008 and File and Print Services.   Answer Question

Found another firm that was a better cultural fit.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at HBK Capital Management in March 2010.

I spoke to several managers about my skill set at my current employer and how I believed I had a lot of crossover relevant experience. I had positive feedback from HBK but in the end their timing and mine to switch jobs was not the same so we parted.

Interview Questions
    • How would you redesign a process at work that isn't working out?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HBK Capital Management in January 2007.

I found out about this opportunity at a local job fair. I submitted my resume at the job fair and the HR came back with an invitation to office visit. I had to meet with various people on the day and drilled programming algorithm and data structure questions. In the end I was asked to do a programming problem. That's it. One week later I got an offer.

Engineering Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HBK Capital Management in September 2008.

Straightforward

Interview Questions
    • how do you integrate a strut with a declarative pointer in c++   View Answer
    • in convex sets, what is smalllest whole divider   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HBK Capital Management in June 2008.

First, phone interview with hiring manager. Discussed role/fit/etc. Very good conversation in all respects.

Programming test, at home, but with a time limit (needed to send solution via email by specific deadline). Very good question/exercise.

In person interview - met with hr rep, techie (good questions if they were asked correctly), tech lead (very good tech & personality fit questions/discussion), non-hiring manager (quick, good overview of firm/teams, good questions/discussion), hiring manager (very good questions/discussion). All were very professional, pleasant, very sharp.

The recruiter freaked out and never made it to offer.

Interview Questions
    • sorting multiple arrays -- asked incorrectly, answered my clarifying questions incorrectly. Would have been a good question if asked correctly.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at HBK Capital Management

Worked for HBK Capital Management? Contribute to the Community!