HBK Investments

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at HBK Investments

Interview Details – Interviewed by two nice persons, in the first 10 minutes, they asked me about some experiences shown on my resume, especially a course project. After that I was asked two algorithm questions, codes were required to be written on the paper. in the last minutes I was asked a simple question. Totally, I wanna say It's a common IT interview, but a more comfortable and relaxed one.

Interview Question – Did you go to the info session yesterday? I seemed did not see you.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HBK Investments in March 2012.

Interview Details – I did two phone interviews and one on-site interview at their headquarters in Dallas. The phone interviews were more biased towards past experience than technical prowess. The on-site interview was similar and a very nice experience overall. Spoke with many people across many different levels of the firm.

The people I interviewed with were very nice and very kind about my concerns with potentially moving to Dallas. The office and work culture are excellent (casual and god-awfully spacious) as are the workplace perks (big cafeteria, gym in the building, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Discussed some technical and implementational experiences from past projects.   Answer Question
  • Went through some general questions regarding AD, Windows Server 2003/2008 and File and Print Services.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Found another firm that was a better cultural fit.

Operations Interview

Dallas, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at HBK Investments in March 2010.

Interview Details – I spoke to several managers about my skill set at my current employer and how I believed I had a lot of crossover relevant experience. I had positive feedback from HBK but in the end their timing and mine to switch jobs was not the same so we parted.

Interview Question – How would you redesign a process at work that isn't working out?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HBK Investments in January 2007.

Interview Details – I found out about this opportunity at a local job fair. I submitted my resume at the job fair and the HR came back with an invitation to office visit. I had to meet with various people on the day and drilled programming algorithm and data structure questions. In the end I was asked to do a programming problem. That's it. One week later I got an offer.

Interview Question – what questions do you have for me?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HBK Investments in September 2008.

Interview Details – Straightforward

Interview Questions

• how do you integrate a strut with a declarative pointer in c++   View Answer
  • in convex sets, what is smalllest whole divider   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HBK Investments in June 2008.

Interview Details – First, phone interview with hiring manager. Discussed role/fit/etc. Very good conversation in all respects.

Programming test, at home, but with a time limit (needed to send solution via email by specific deadline). Very good question/exercise.

In person interview - met with hr rep, techie (good questions if they were asked correctly), tech lead (very good tech & personality fit questions/discussion), non-hiring manager (quick, good overview of firm/teams, good questions/discussion), hiring manager (very good questions/discussion). All were very professional, pleasant, very sharp.

The recruiter freaked out and never made it to offer.

Interview Question – sorting multiple arrays -- asked incorrectly, answered my clarifying questions incorrectly. Would have been a good question if asked correctly.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for HBK Investments? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HBK Investments interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by HBK Investments employees and interview candidates.