HCA

Getting the Interview

69 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Clinical Appeals Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HCA.

Interview Details – Received a phone call to set up a time and date for interview. The interview was conducted by two team leads. They had a list of questions to ask, but made it feel like a natural conversation. After that, it was open for me to ask questions. The whole interview took 15 minutes at most. I was then taken to the HR office and did a simple skills test online. I was told they would make a decision within the week. Checked in a week later. I was told they were still interviewing, but was given no timeline to check in again. Noticed the position had been filled by looking at their job search site.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

RN Case Manager Interview

Hudson, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HCA in January 2011.

Interview Details – Was traveler and contract renewed.

Interview Question – poor orientation   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not want to remain in that city

Prn Staff Interview

Interviewed at HCA

Interview Details – greatly facilitated by my immediate manager, had little to no contact with HR, who sent me a rejection letter the day before I was called for an interview, and my application was sent to the wrong facility

Interview Question – why would you work here   View Answer

Staff Accountant II Interview

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HCA.

Interview Details – Applied online, phone interview with HR , In person interview with the Controller

Interview Question – very easy, standard interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, but I advise other to negotiate. HR will Low ball you so get what you are worth.

NIght Pharmacist Interview

Portsmouth, NH

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at HCA in May 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring was very smooth and was contacted by HCA Portsmouth Pharmacy Director to negotiate the final offer. I did require a 2 week period of time off prior to starting

Interview Question – If you needed to contact one of the pharmacists for assistance, I would call the Pharmacy Director for assistance, if unavailable then i would call the Pharmacy clinical supervisor for further assistance   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was a Pharmacy director at a local hospital and the pay range was similiar. The new hospital offered to match my previous salary. I did request to have a three to four week training period to learn the HCA system and HCA computer systems.

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Service Desk Analyst
Tallahassee, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HCA in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was called in and I was interviewed

Practice Administrator Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at HCA in May 2011.

Interview Details – Did not get any communication about application until an employee networked on my behave.

RN Case Manager Interview

RN Case Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HCA.

Interview Details – Very quick and general. Director did most of the talking.

Interview Question – How do you handle someone who is territorial.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negation.

Medical Biller Interview

Overland Park, KS

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HCA in January 2014.

Interview Details – The want ad only specified Medical Biller. I have 14+ years of medical billing experience. I loved the phone interview but they weren't very flexible about setting that up so I had to use my PTO to take off my current job to accommodate. I only applied for the biller position but they had me interview for that and a collections position, so I did a phone interview with both managers. It went so well, they asked me at the end of the interview to come the following week for part 2 of a 2 part interview process. I was surprised at how business casual they were there. I met with the 2 and their manager. Interview went great, they all said "great!" to my answers or nodded yes in agreement. And all they did was ask me a few of the questions they already asked me on the phone! I was told at the end of the interview they'd make a decision by the end of the week and they'd let me know and said "Oh, we won't leave you hanging". But they did. I called and emailed them and finally got a "Thanks but no thanks". Then they post on their facebook page how they are hiring and having a career fair and they are still hiring for a Medical Biller. But this time they specified they'd prefer physician experience. I wish they would have specified that to begin with and not have wasted my time.

Interview Question – "What is customer service to you?" and "Do you consider yourself lucky?"   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at HCA in March 2013.

Interview Details – Communication was great, but position was already filled by internal candidate and the external candidates was just a square that needed to be filled.

Interview Question – Typical questions, the interview process was long and people were nice.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at HCA

Worked for HCA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HCA interview questions and advice. All 69 interview reviews posted anonymously by HCA employees and interview candidates.