HCA

69 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Far West Division Informatics Manager Interview

Henderson, NV

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at HCA in March 2013.

Interview Details – After initial contact by recruiter, I was set up to speak to 4-5 managers and a vendor. I never interviewed with HR. Each interview was primarily the same but each interview was with someone higher up the ladder. The first interview was given by the person that would have been my manager. Very detailed oriented and thorough interviews. Although I wasn't hired, the interview process was certainly encouraging that my skills are where they need to be.

Interview Question – All interview questions were standard technical interviews with several personal questions thrown in for relaxation.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Pharmacist
Cartersville, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HCA in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, had a phone interview with a recruiter and then came in for a live interview with the department head. She seemed very nice and said I would have additional responsibilities based on my skills and prior experience. Speaking to her was a positive experience. I was then introduced to the staff and instructed to sit and observe and get to know the other staff members.

Interview Question – None were too difficult or strange. However, the HR people told me the salary before I met anyone from the department. Standard behavioral interview questions based on information from your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possibe. Salary is based on years of experience.

Physician Sales Interview

Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HCA.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very strategic and directed by the V.P. of sales. Her initiative was to match personality and training with each hospital. They looked for medical sales experience and working with physicians one on one.

Interview Question – I guess the most difficult was being given different scenarios where the physician was unsatisfied and how we would approach resolving the issues. How independent we were and knowing when to get upper management involved.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straight forward

Tech Analyst Interview

Tech Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at HCA.

Interview Details – I first applied online via HCA website (which is not very user friendly). Was contacted by recruiter and then met with Senior Tech and Division leader of that section. After the initial interview I was called back to have a peer or panel interview with random people from that section. Process takes some time to complete

Interview Question – what was the hardest thing you have ever had to overcome in life?   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

IT Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at HCA in November 2011.

Interview Details – The initial contact was made through an introduction to Senior Management. The resume was sent to the Nashville recruiter. I was phone screened by the recruiter. The next step was peer interviewing with IT Division the hospital was aligned with. After being selected as part of the viable candidate pool, I was flown to the hospital and peer interviewed by the CIO and CFO. As finalist, we were flown back to the hospital to peer interview with the Director staff. The selection process to 3 months to complete and be hired.

Interview Question – What can you tell me about the city?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Cut and Dry. The organization did a market assessment and had a fixed offer when it was presented.

Medical Office Specialist Interview

Medical Office Specialist
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at HCA.

Interview Details – I went in for an intial entry-level interview and they offered me position at end for an per diem.

Interview Question – What makes you stand out compared to other canidates.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Wanted full time

Project Manager Interview

Interviewed at HCA

Interview Details – No interviews, only health screenings.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Respiratory Therapist
Kingwood, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HCA in August 2010.

Interview Details – It was a relatively easy interview process. They needed my position filled, and went out of there way to give me what I wanted. I was never uneasy about any questions that were posed during the interview at any time.

Interview Question – What have you done in the past that might hinder your performance here in the future?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They made an offer. You either accept or decline.

Support Staff Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HCA.

Interview Details – My interview process went fairly quickly and very smooth. HR contacted me, set up the initial interview with a few people, and then a follow up interview with a panel. The questions determined my ability to the job, my skills, and how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Question – How would you handle a disgruntled physician?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was simple and short. I would suggest starting with the highest salary you'd like, and then negotiate from there.

Systems Administrator Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HCA.

Interview Details – I found the process to be very professional. I dealt with several people and each of them were courteous and helpful.

Interview Question – Where do I see myself in 3 - 5 years?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Timing was right.

Interviews for Top Jobs at HCA