HCA

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Medical Biller Interview

Overland Park, KS

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HCA in January 2014.

Interview Details – The want ad only specified Medical Biller. I have 14+ years of medical billing experience. I loved the phone interview but they weren't very flexible about setting that up so I had to use my PTO to take off my current job to accommodate. I only applied for the biller position but they had me interview for that and a collections position, so I did a phone interview with both managers. It went so well, they asked me at the end of the interview to come the following week for part 2 of a 2 part interview process. I was surprised at how business casual they were there. I met with the 2 and their manager. Interview went great, they all said "great!" to my answers or nodded yes in agreement. And all they did was ask me a few of the questions they already asked me on the phone! I was told at the end of the interview they'd make a decision by the end of the week and they'd let me know and said "Oh, we won't leave you hanging". But they did. I called and emailed them and finally got a "Thanks but no thanks". Then they post on their facebook page how they are hiring and having a career fair and they are still hiring for a Medical Biller. But this time they specified they'd prefer physician experience. I wish they would have specified that to begin with and not have wasted my time.

Interview Question – "What is customer service to you?" and "Do you consider yourself lucky?"   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for HCA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HCA interview questions and advice in Overland Park, KS. All interview reviews posted anonymously by HCA employees and interview candidates.