HCA Virginia Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.7

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCA Virginia (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Director, manager, charge nurse in room, pleasantries, refused to answer direct questions;

Interview Questions

• Questions do not matter, you will be hired if you have friend or family member already working there, or if they like what they see. It's not the intelligence they are after, be quiet, submissive, non-contesting to management. Do not share your private life with anybody, plenty of management's spy-aspiring backstabbers, who believe they will keep their job or get preferential treatment when they kiss-and-tell, the worst ones are the long-timers   Answer Question

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HCA Virginia (Richmond, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted via phone after 5pm and given a very impromptu interview. A week later I was contacted again and invited for a formal interview. There were two panel interviews and two individual interviews. The entire process took nearly three hours. Everyone was friendly and professional and answered all my questions thoroughly. The most intimidating process was meeting with a panel of eight managers who had clearly had negative experiences with other recruiters. Three members of this panel grilled me pretty hard. Others said nothing and just stared at me like I was bug specimen, which became uncomfortable after awhile.

Interview Questions

• They were mainly concerned about two things: Why I'd left my last job and how my background, (which was not exactly traditional) would translate well for the position I was applying for. Finally, they wanted to know how I was going to attract and retain people for in demand positions.   1 Answer

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HCA Virginia (Midlothian, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

You interview with the office manager and clinical manager, asked a few questions about your experience, given a tour of the building and discussed with current employees if you are a good fit or not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations are done.

MEDICAL Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCA Virginia in April 2013.

Interview

Very brief interview process. The person interviewing me was not professional. I needed a job so I took it but never planned on staying. They never asked specific technical based question that directly related to the position which I think is a big problem because they end up hiring people that are not knowledgeable in the field.

Interview Questions

• Average number of days I would need to miss work bc of being sick...like we are supposed to know when we will get sick   1 Answer

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pulaski, VA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at HCA Virginia (Pulaski, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied online, then got a phone call to set up an on site interview. The interview consisted of two people asking questions from a interview packet. The questions were experience based ( professional and personal).

Interview Questions

• Discribe a time when you had a conflict with someone and how you resolved that conflict.   Answer Question
    • Discribe a time when you felt you didn't do as much as you could for a patient or made a mistake in patient care.   Answer Question

Online Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HCA Virginia (Richmond, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online then a week later I received a phone call for in-office interview. Scheduled interview for two days later. The interview was very generic and simple. Basic questions that are off of a preprinted form that the manager read from. Received offer after about a week and it took an addition 2 weeks before I got a start date.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time you made a mistake at work and how did you fix it?   Answer Question