HCC Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015

3.3

Bond Claims Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HCC Insurance (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Recruiter phone interview, HR phone interview, Before the in person interview you must take a zero assessment test so that they could come with special questions to ask you during your actual interview I thought that was kind of odd. Actual interview consists of Assessment tests (typing, customer service, general knowledge) In person interview with several people you are expected to assist.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions such as greatest weakness ect. Also they take your resume apart word for word.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at HCC Insurance.

Interview

send me an e-mail to make an appointment about interview

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HCC Insurance (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

First step in the hiring process is a telephone screening. Be as joyful as you can. They want to check if you are not a serious person. Also prepare for questions like, 'the worst thing you ever did in your previous company'. Also this interview has the most typical technical questions related to SQL, .NET and HTML.
    Second step, if you get selected in phone screen, will be a face-to-face and extremely technical. Learn as many interview questions as you can find online and work on some small and simple coding concepts.
    Finally, the management would talk about the work environment and be as calm as possible as they are not really very friendly.

Interview Questions

• I was well prepared for technical. But when the management round came, he really scared me saying things like 'This may not be a best place for you!'. I was confused if someone really speaks like that in an interview. But, I was calm.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate much, as I thought I was not given a better opportunity to negotiate.

SQL Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCC Insurance (Houston, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

The overall process was a good experience. I'm still pending an offer.

SQL Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCC Insurance (Houston, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

This company has very unfair hiring practices. I interviewed for a SQL and Oracle DBA with great experience as a lead DBA. I explained very clearly what my experience was she made up a very lame excuse that "I have more experience with Oracle than SQL", even though it is explained very clearly on my resume and also personally in a very detailed manner.

Black lady hired a black guy who I was told by a recruiter had very little experience with SQL. He was a self employed kind of guy and charged a lot more money than I was asking for.

Honesty is not a best practice in this company. Only diplomacy and personal relations matter.

Interview Questions

• Easiet technical interview ever...   2 Answers

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at HCC Insurance.

Interview

Phone interview, 1:1 interview, zero risk assessment, offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Went back to ask for more flexible schedule since they couldn't go up on salary

Senior IT Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCC Insurance in January 2010.

Interview

Initial communication thrugh Human Resource, then interview with Managers and finally with VP of Audit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your work was critized.   Answer Question
    • What was your most difficult project situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at HCC Insurance in June 2008.

Interview

Phone interview and then interview with manager, director, and an employee.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NONE