HCL Technologies

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Consultant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in May 2014.

Interview Details – I have been called twiced between 6 months.I have applied with them through a staffing agency in January 2014.
First time they call in Feb 2014 and took first round of technical interview.But after that no communication.My recruiter told me they will call you for further round but it not happen.
Suddenly i again got a call from HCL in 3rd week of May 2014.They said you have to again go through all the rounds i agreed.

Then again my 1st round techical, 2nd round and HR happened all were telephonic rounds only.All salary negotiation is done in 2nd round my Manager only and i agreed with him.He tell me soon HR will contact you and offer letter will be provided.
Then HR send me some form to fill i fill that form there i need to fill all the details such as Education,Employment etc. no negotiations made.

But its now still i didn't get offer letter after 10+ days.Can you tell how much time they take to process offer letter.

Interview Question – 2nd round is the most difficult round as they asked tricky questions.I belong to SAP functional module.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HCL Technologies in August 2010.

Interview Details – Telephonic interview , Face to Face & Hr

Negotiation Details – Nothing

Associate Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – Campus recruit.. as usual process, aptitude followed by a technical discussion then the offer letter

Interview Question – Are you willing to re locate to Noida   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Interviewed at HCL Technologies

Interview Details – On campus interview

Interview Question – Mostly project related questions   Answer Question

Noida (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2010.

Interview Details – Got through campus interview

Interview Question – None. only general discussion   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in December 2010.

Interview Details – First round was the Aptitude which had 4 different sections namely Quants, Verbal, Programming and Logical Reasoning. Second Round was a Group Discussion after which i was informed that i got selected at HCL Technologies Ltd.

Interview Question – Topic of Group Discussion was " Is Group Discussion (GD) necessary for hiring process or not?". It was one of those moments where lot people found it tricky to support or oppose.   Answer Question

Bhubaneswar (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in December 2010.

Interview Details – It was a direct one-to-one interview as the number of candidates were more and the interview panel had only one day to hire.

Interview Question – All the questions were easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as it was my only job offer.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at HCL Technologies in May 2012.

Interview Details – Very Lengthy

Interview Question – Question Pattern is good, purely domain related   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Candidate has to stick to his expectation otherwise you wont get that

London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2012.

Interview Details – Terrible.

First interview was a telephone interview with HCL. A certain Watford based recruitment manager, Mr SS, also made a long list of false promises.

Second interview was at the customers site - then an offer was made the same day. All of the terms we had verbally agreed were changed within being onsite for 6 months - the contract only said it's all at managers discretion, so couldn't go further forward with it.

Again - lots of false hope and promises of bonuses, sick pay and holiday that was taken away. All seems to be the same problem with the same recruiting manager.

Interview Question – How have you failed to deliver a customers expectation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Terrible negotiation phase - agreed to everything I asked for, but later removed it. Contracts are generic with statutory minimums and state "Any enhancement or uplift is at managers discretion"

Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in August 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process is simplfed and entire process is online which is good

Interviews for Top Jobs at HCL Technologies

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

HCL Technologies Videos

HCL Technologies – Why Work for Us?

At HCL, we bring IT and engineering services under one roof to solve complex business problems for our clients. We attribute our success to our dedicated workforce, currently estimated at 95,000 . By leveraging… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HCL Technologies Associate Consultant interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by HCL Technologies employees and interview candidates.