HCL Technologies

Updated Oct 6, 2014

2.7

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies in October 2010.

HR will contact the Candidate and schedule a Telephonic interview . Post clearing telephonic round a face to face round will be conducted and then a HR round and then if needed a client interview round will be conducted and the HR will process the candiadate resume and offer details will be laid out and post acceptance a letter will be sent with Date of joining and acceptance will be needed

Interview Questions
  • Netbackup coupled with Cloud intergration and restoring to a secondary DC from Cloud   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies in May 2014.

I have been called twiced between 6 months.I have applied with them through a staffing agency in January 2014.
    First time they call in Feb 2014 and took first round of technical interview.But after that no communication.My recruiter told me they will call you for further round but it not happen.
    Suddenly i again got a call from HCL in 3rd week of May 2014.They said you have to again go through all the rounds i agreed.

Then again my 1st round techical, 2nd round and HR happened all were telephonic rounds only.All salary negotiation is done in 2nd round my Manager only and i agreed with him.He tell me soon HR will contact you and offer letter will be provided.
    Then HR send me some form to fill i fill that form there i need to fill all the details such as Education,Employment etc. no negotiations made.

But its now still i didn't get offer letter after 10+ days.Can you tell how much time they take to process offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • 2nd round is the most difficult round as they asked tricky questions.I belong to SAP functional module.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Campus recruit.. as usual process, aptitude followed by a technical discussion then the offer letter

On campus interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

took place over 2 Interviews:

Interview 1: Telephone interview
    Quite technical, I nailed it as the questions were fairly standard.
    "How would you configure an SAN disk in vxvm?" , questions around Solaris Virtualisaiton, etc..
    When I tried to ask questions about the role, the interviewer didn't seem very ready to elaborate on answers he gave. He gave me the impression he either wasn't happy working for the firm or could have been that he wasn't accustomed to interviewing.

interview 2: face to face
    This was more of a competency interview with a technical manager. Questions were nothing taxing.
    "tell me about yourself"
    "tell me about an event where you had set a customer expectation but then could not deliver?"
    "what do you understand about ITIL?"
    During the interview the manager would occasionally take phone calls on his blackberry mobile, and on one occasion checked his email. I thought it was a bit rude.

They offered me the job a few days later.

2 days after the job offer they then called me to say that there had been a mistake on the amount specified in the salary and that the role was paying £5K less.
    I wasn't prepared to budge on the Salary reduction so they agreed to the original amount, on the basis that I would get no bonuses.

I accepted the terms.

A few days later, the recruitment manger at HCL called me and asked if I would be prepared to accept the role as 1 year contract with the option to go permanent afterwards.

I wasn't prepared to take the 1 year contract, so after a day or so he back tracked to the original offer.

A few days afterwards, the same Recruitment manager called me again asking if I would be prepared to relocate to Manchester or Leeds for the role. This was now becoming silly, every couple of days they seemed to want to change terms. I explained that I was not looking to move to the North of England as my life and commitments were in the south.

**At this point I should have walked away from this.. but foolishly I carried on giving them the benefit of the doubt.***

I eventually (2 and a half weeks after the original offer had been made) received the offer letter and employment contract, which I signed and sent back upon 2 days of receipt.
    I then resigned from the job I had at the time.

The morning after I'd resigned from my job and posted the documents to HCL, I received a VM message from the HCL recruitment manager informing me that they were revoking the job offer because they had found someone else who was prepared to relocate.

This was utterly devastating! I felt completely messed about.

Luckily for me, the employer I had resigned from was prepared to give me my job back.

HCL then had the audacity to call me a week later to tell me they were looking for a different role to fit me in their organisation. I obviously told him where he could stick his job!

Beware of this company, especially if dealing with a certain Watford-based HCL Recruitment Manager. You know who you are Mr SS.

Interview Questions
    • None - it was fairly simple process. See detail above.   Answer Question
    It was diabolical. They found them highly unprofessional.
    I've had better experiences haggling with a market trader.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2012.

Terrible.

First interview was a telephone interview with HCL. A certain Watford based recruitment manager, Mr SS, also made a long list of false promises.

Second interview was at the customers site - then an offer was made the same day. All of the terms we had verbally agreed were changed within being onsite for 6 months - the contract only said it's all at managers discretion, so couldn't go further forward with it.

Again - lots of false hope and promises of bonuses, sick pay and holiday that was taken away. All seems to be the same problem with the same recruiting manager.

Interview Questions
    • How have you failed to deliver a customers expectation?   Answer Question
    Terrible negotiation phase - agreed to everything I asked for, but later removed it. Contracts are generic with statutory minimums and state "Any enhancement or uplift is at managers discretion"

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at HCL Technologies in May 2012.

Very Lengthy

Interview Questions
    Candidate has to stick to his expectation otherwise you wont get that

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies in December 2011.

college campus recruitment.
    eligible candidates had direct HR rounds.other questions.
    HR had questions and some hr went for technical as well as
    general question included about location, background, future and programming language

Interview Questions
    • what do you from 5 years and 10 years from now?   View Answer
    there was none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies in December 2010.

First round was the Aptitude which had 4 different sections namely Quants, Verbal, Programming and Logical Reasoning. Second Round was a Group Discussion after which i was informed that i got selected at HCL Technologies Ltd.

Interview Questions
    • Topic of Group Discussion was " Is Group Discussion (GD) necessary for hiring process or not?". It was one of those moments where lot people found it tricky to support or oppose.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhubaneswar (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhubaneswar (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies in December 2010.

It was a direct one-to-one interview as the number of candidates were more and the interview panel had only one day to hire.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation as it was my only job offer.