HCL Technologies

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

BPO Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Please avoid being cheated by this company's HR department like I was - They made my life hell on earth for six months.

I interviewed for a position and was told shortly after (2 days) by HCL that I had gotten the position and to wait two weeks for the offer to be ready. Then, every single week for three months they made excuses as to why it wasn't ready yet but said that I should not seek other income because the written offer is "almost finished".

They then requested that I register with another company which would handle my training, with which I had to drive 3 hours to site, spend all day giving all of my information (which HCL already had) to this company, for which I was not reimbursed at all. I was then told that I would receive the offer within one to five business days. After another two months, it had still not come, although each week HCL continued to claim it 'just had to be signed by one more person' and asked that I not seek another employer.

Another month went by (we are to six months now) and the training company has literally called/emailed me to say that they can no longer work with me because HCL missed all the paperwork deadlines after several chances and there is nothing that they can do about it.

I then called HCL and asked for a verbal guarantee that my offer would be ready within seven days because by this time I had spent all my savings trying to survive and wait for this position. They gave me the verbal guarantee and then still did not have the offer ready on time.

My school (which I'll keep anonymous but is a top-10 university in the US) is now blacklisting HCL from doing any further campus recruiting, and is having to help me start my job search over, which is incredibly stressful.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked about how to do some advanced functions in Powerpoint and Excel, and some philosophical questions. The interviewer then talked up the position for about two hours and I left the interview feeling like I had scored an awesome position and an awesome company. (Little did I know)   Answer Question

Six months after I had the verbal offer, HR was still scrambling to pick a start date and I literally could not take one more week with no job and no income.