HCL Technologies

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at HCL Technologies in August 2013.

Interview Details – Not much difficult can face this if the person is good at basics and confident in answering the questions.No client interviews will be conducted at joining time.Will prefer early joining and also will provide beter pay if requirement is urgent.

Chennai (India)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2010.

Interview Details – after applying in on-line they called me for aptitude test, technical interview and then manager interview.
aptitude test - it is general test as other companies.
technical interview - they will ask the questions based on skill set of candidate.
Manager interview - will ask about your previous company, your management skills etc. etc

Interview Question – challenges faced in previous company may be this is not that much difficult question   Answer Question

Noida (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – I got hired through an innovative digital recruitment campaign called #CoolestInterviewEver which ran for almost a month. It gave me a complete understanding about HCL and my responsibilities. The interaction with the top leaders as part of the recruitment process was very enlightening.

Interview Question – As I was from a digital agency background, I was asked why would I like to shift from such a background to a brand background.   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at HCL Technologies in September 2013.

Interview Details – Peaceful and simple but they will ask to come down to HCL office

Interview Question – Simple questions in my case   Answer Question

Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HCL Technologies in December 2013.

Interview Details – 1) Technical Round : Person taking interview wasnt much experienced himself . So questions were of average difficulty
2) Manager Round : Person taking this interview assessed on the basis of overall profile , personality and communication skills ,which is very rare in IT interviews.
3) HR round : Was quick , not hassles

They took 1 week to give the final offer , they do consider negotiations .

Negotiation Details – It was smooth and the HR considered my request very professionally and responded quickly . I was impressed .

Consultant

The process took 2 months - interviewed at HCL Technologies in September 2011.

Interview Details – The first round interview with their new graduate program was two one-on-one interviews. They were the basic behavioral interview style. There was supposed to be a second round interview in which they sent you a case study and then you had a week to solve it. It would be followed up by a phone interview discussing the resolution. The second round was skipped in my case and went straight to the final round. Final round was held in their office as a day long affair. It was a group case study that was scheduled to take most of the day. Then throughout the group case work, members of the group were taken out individually for additional individual behavioral interview and question time. Their graduate program is still in the developmental stage and they are trying to recruit recent graduates and MBA graduates to fill the consultant position.

Interview Question – Evaluate the cause of the business problem given the provided excel spreadsheets. Complete a presentation supporting these ideas.   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Consulting

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview went on pretty well. At least, the person who took my technical interview was knowledgeable.

Reason for Declining – The offer was with a 30% hike to my existing package and taking off 15% from my CTC as variable component. I also heard HCL does whatever it can to take as much as variable component they can every year.
HR is pathetic. They'll cry on their knees to give you more than 30% and say 15% of your CTC is variable pay component.

Be very careful, you might be joining for a lakh more in fixed component

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!