HCL Technologies Consulting Interview Questions & Reviews

8 interviews

3.1

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2014.

ony one technical round in EMC San basics more and work knowledge and environment
Very understanding panel members and they didnt went apart from Job description
et to work on latest and greatest nodes , some really cool cutting edge of stuff , opportunity to pick up new things to learn. Stable company , good work-life balance

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at HCL Technologies in August 2013.

Not much difficult can face this if the person is good at basics and confident in answering the questions.No client interviews will be conducted at joining time.Will prefer early joining and also will provide beter pay if requirement is urgent.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2010.

after applying in on-line they called me for aptitude test, technical interview and then manager interview.
    aptitude test - it is general test as other companies.
    technical interview - they will ask the questions based on skill set of candidate.
    Manager interview - will ask about your previous company, your management skills etc. etc

Interview Questions
    • challenges faced in previous company may be this is not that much difficult question   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

I got hired through an innovative digital recruitment campaign called #CoolestInterviewEver which ran for almost a month. It gave me a complete understanding about HCL and my responsibilities. The interaction with the top leaders as part of the recruitment process was very enlightening.

Interview Questions
    • As I was from a digital agency background, I was asked why would I like to shift from such a background to a brand background.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at HCL Technologies in September 2013.

Peaceful and simple but they will ask to come down to HCL office

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at HCL Technologies in December 2013.

1) Technical Round : Person taking interview wasnt much experienced himself . So questions were of average difficulty
    2) Manager Round : Person taking this interview assessed on the basis of overall profile , personality and communication skills ,which is very rare in IT interviews.
    3) HR round : Was quick , not hassles

They took 1 week to give the final offer , they do consider negotiations .

It was smooth and the HR considered my request very professionally and responded quickly . I was impressed .

Consultant Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at HCL Technologies in September 2011.

The first round interview with their new graduate program was two one-on-one interviews. They were the basic behavioral interview style. There was supposed to be a second round interview in which they sent you a case study and then you had a week to solve it. It would be followed up by a phone interview discussing the resolution. The second round was skipped in my case and went straight to the final round. Final round was held in their office as a day long affair. It was a group case study that was scheduled to take most of the day. Then throughout the group case work, members of the group were taken out individually for additional individual behavioral interview and question time. Their graduate program is still in the developmental stage and they are trying to recruit recent graduates and MBA graduates to fill the consultant position.

Interview Questions
    • Evaluate the cause of the business problem given the provided excel spreadsheets. Complete a presentation supporting these ideas.   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in November 2010.

The interview went on pretty well. At least, the person who took my technical interview was knowledgeable.

The offer was with a 30% hike to my existing package and taking off 15% from my CTC as variable component. I also heard HCL does whatever it can to take as much as variable component they can every year.
    HR is pathetic. They'll cry on their knees to give you more than 30% and say 15% of your CTC is variable pay component.

Be very careful, you might be joining for a lakh more in fixed component

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!