HCL Technologies

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.9

555 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

Applied through campus. The selection process consisted of an online assessment test (Amcat) followed by an interview process. The test is a regular test consisting of quantitative aptitude, logical reasoning, verbal reasoning divided in different sections and test went on nearly 100 minutes. After shortlisting, interview was technical based on c++ and java. Questions like OOPS concepts and multithreading in JAVA were asked.

Late joining

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

The first round was online test containing aptitude,english,reasoning,c/c++ questions of duration around 2 hours followed by group discussion on the topic pre-decided by the moderator which was later followed by technical interview that tests your skills on C,C++,Java etc and then the final HR interview which basically tests your management skills required for the job.

Lead Engineer Interview

Written Exam Followed by interview process. Written was Having the question from Core java having basic functionality check. Interview was on Front-end and Framework specific interview Mainly on spring, struts and hibernate.

Negotiated from 7 to 6 LPA

Pre Sales (Global Business Acquisition) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies in November 2014.

Resume Shortlisting (Based on Projects and Academics), GD (Topics are very abstract), Interview (Technical) Profile & Companies Products and Offerings Related, Interview (HR)
    Pre Placement Talk was followed by all the above segments and the entire process was very lengthy. Interview Duration about 30-45 minutes.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies in November 2014.

Call from mail.. asked currrent CTC and expected... then received call letter... I reached there and its all over.... they said our budget is equal to you current.... I cannot say my feelings in words...

its totally fricking experience to listen that there budget is equal to my current CTC... even they have asked me befire interview my current and expected... but still they called and do the fricking job..

AMTS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Had four rounds of interviews in total as a fresh candidate of bachelor's engineering degree. Mostly it was about testing one's coding skills and questions were quite hard for a newbie.

Interview Questions
    • Dont remember exactly but there were a lit of string and datastructure qns   Answer Question
    Na

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

2 technical online tests and technical panel + HR interview

QA Engineer Interview

3 rounds of interview. 2 Technical and 1 HR. Questions were as usual on manual and automation testing.Mainly related to testing and Quality assurance.Questions also on Banking and financial domain.

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Coding round,Group Discussion,Technical Interview,HR Interview.
    In Coding round they allowed us to use whatever language we like. In GD round they gave Topic related to stress management.
    In technical interview they asked about DDos Attack,Server Security,Botnet.
    And they asked question about java and open source software to other candidates.
    In HR mostly they asked about urself,weak and strong points,area of interest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies in October 2014.

As Expected First Round Was through AMCAT in which they had asked some few questions from Aptitude, Reasoning and C C++

And then Second Round was Technical HR and most crucial round it took for me approx one and half hour and i think not a single portion they had left from my Resume then Final Year Project, Some Basic Logical Programs and then a lot of OS and Data Structure Questions.Then they will ask some personal questions, experience and a lot from your Resume..

Final Round was HR and was so Easy only Intro and then some basic HR Questions and finnaly took some signatures and then told me to wait one week for confirmation.

After 4 days i got confirmation Mail regarding Selection