HCL Technologies

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at HCL Technologies.

1.written exam with 4 sections(analytical,technical,numerical apps,reasoning,verbal)
        written is bit tricky and which consumes more time to solve the questions but if you prepare well
        for written remaining rounds are just for name sake.
    2.GD round[people of 10 members grouped together and a simple topic given to discuss]
    3.HR round[simple technical questions with personal background]

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Campus Interview..... Aptitude, Technical Round more or like a HR round... Basic questions were asked. Questions were posted based on the resume submitted. Be careful in the contents of your resume

SSE Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HCL Technologies.

brisk crisp process, easy questions, was a nice experience. Didnt have to wait too much, smooth process, Tech round followed by hr round. decent questions industry relevant,adada dadsa dads adadsa d adsada dadsad dsdsd dasdsad dasdsadsa

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2015.

First, It was written test, a bit complicated. Second round was technical it is a bit easy , The selection process took 2 weeks in my case, I am through a staffing agency.

Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2015.

Two technical rounds of Interview that were there. Two round took almost whole day to finish had to wait long for both the rounds. The interview was tough and deep mainly focused on Manual testing.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2015.

Written test on C and technical face to face. Written was completely on C, as the opening was for C and Embedded. Made all the candidates wait for very long to give out the results.

Interview Questions
    • Written was completely on C, as the opening was for C and Embedded   Answer Question

Senior Developer PlSql Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Attended walk in interview at HCL Hyderabad for PlSql senior developer position. Interview process took one complete day. Process completed in 3 steps which included technical skill written test followed by technical interview followed by HR interview on same day.

Lead Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

I applied from HCL career site, to my surprise, I got a call from HR within 2-3 days for scheduling a telephonic round. I got it scheduled in the next week, and around 40 minutes of technical questions (all average questions) were asked to me.
    Next I was asked to arrive for a f2f round in Noida office.
    The f2f round was preceded by a written round which asked for 2 programming questions (involving data structures), I did one very well, the second one was half done.
    After 2-3 hours, I was called for the interview. The interview was first going in a right pace, me answering each and every questions and the interviewer looked very satisfied, but then after 15-20 minutes, the guy who took my telephonic interview came up in the cabin and both had a quick chat.
    The previous interviewer went away and this guy started with the programming problems done, logic etc. He somehow proved that my logic was not very good for the problem imposed. I almost agreed to that.
    Later, he asked some networking questions, I had no idea about. So, Overall, this guy looked un-impressed, and with a note of sadness I had to leave the venue with a message that "if you got selected, the HR will contact you".
    I felt real bad about how I couldn't make it and have to study a lot.
    But..but...but...
    after 2-3 weeks, I got a call from HR. She told me nothing about my interview, just asked about my notice period and hung the call up. Again, till next 1-2 week, no communication.
    Later, I got one congratulation e-mail from them for my selection. I was not very happy, but very very surprised.
    I sent them all the docs, later the HR person called me up for salary part, and they were offering way below my current CTC, when I asked if there is any negotiation, he said no. I felt dejected, but politely rejected the offer.
    Next day, he again called me up for my last expected salary, he seemed ready to turn up at my words, but I didn't accept the offer.

Interview Questions
    • not difficult any, in fact I was not prepared to that extent   Answer Question

The CTC provided was way below my currect CTC, also The employer seemed to react only when I rejected the offer.

Tech Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

The interviewer had no knowledge of the technologies he was interviewing for. He was reading my resume like a chapter from a book, ans was asking questions like why did you write this line here.
    Later I got to know that he was just a software engineer with no relevant experience in the technologies.

Fresher Interview

There will be a Written examination at first followed by a Technical Interview. Most of the people get screened out at the first round itself. Be very confident in the interviews. And then if you are clearing these two, you'll be taken for a HR interview.