HCL Technologies

653 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – It was an on-campus recruitment at a famous college in Bangalore. There was an initial aptitude test to clear, followed by an in-person interview which was mostly based on the details on my resume and some basic HR related questions which was pretty simple to deal with. Since they were mass recruiters, the interviewer seemed pretty chilled out and eased me through the process.

Interview Question – Honestly, the in-person interview was pretty simple. The aptitude test requires some preparation.   Answer Question

Systems Architect III Interview

Systems Architect III

Interviewed at HCL Technologies

Interview Details – The interview did not match the job description. The interview was appointment late at night, and THEY DONT SPEAK ENGLISH

i had to ask them to repeat each question 10 times

Interview Question – I dont know i could not understand the words the spoke...i had to ask them to repeat each question 10 times   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at HCL Technologies

Interview Details – Got placed in HCL technologies through campus placements in the year 2011, my final year. We had aptitude test conducted initially, which had 4 sections, logical, reasoning, verbal, programming. after clearing the first round, we had Technical+HR interview round. Technical questions from the electronics and communication branch were asked since, we were from EC background.

Interview Question – are you flexible for relocation   Answer Question

Software Developer I Interview

Software Developer I

Interviewed at HCL Technologies

Interview Details – they will call for one round of written basic questions, then 2 rounds o technical interview and one HR round also once it was done on a playground with shamiyana allover dust are flying no one was interested in the interview.

Interview Question – depends on the interviewer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – ok

Very Easy Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred internally and did not go through the technical interview process with the hiring manager - which in retrospect was a mistake. Don't forget, the process is for the potential employee as well. Overall, it was a very valuable experience. I would still join the company

Interview Question – General questions - why do you want to join etc..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate

SAP Consultant Interview

SAP Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in April 2014.

Interview Details – Phone Interview onlys. 3 interviews over the phone. Process was fast towards offer.First interview was to get the basics, second was with a senior consultant and last was with a manager.

Negotiation Details – Okay

Local Desktop Support Interview

Local Desktop Support
Cary, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in December 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring was with two managers one who really didn't care anything about you only that you worked and the other didn't seem to care at all. The main guy who runs the IT portion in India drilled you on tech questions and day to day operations and the other manager just asked basic IT questions that any IT person would know and it was very straight forward and very relaxed if you know your stuff.

Interview Question – IT was not difficult they either liked you or didn't like you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was contracted so no negotiations so I was stuck with the low base pay of 12 dollars per hour.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Bedminster, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in April 2014.

Interview Details – Multi-step process. Nothing unexpected. Phone screen. Phone interview. Face to face with the hiring manager and one other. Face to face with a senior manager.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected. They asked a few questions about having Indian based reports, and if I had experience working hours to support the time zones and India.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The position I applied for seamed great on paper and I was very interested. It was for an Operation Manager at one of their clients. I was able to get through multiple rounds of interviews only to be held up constantly by them. I met with the hiring manager and won his approval. I had a phone call by the time I got home from HR informing me that they were going to make me an offer. We spoke about money. My salary was requirements were $5k higher than they wanted to pay for the position. I wasn’t willing to come down. I got an email the next day saying that they wanted me to meet with another senior manager due to the criticality of the position. I didn’t think anything of it, only that they should have said that before offering me the job. I was not sure if this had to do with my salary demands. Due to scheduling conflicts it took 2 weeks to setup that next interview. I didn’t hear back from them for 3-4 weeks. I left a couple messages with HR and sent a couple emails. No response. I wrote them off. Out of the blue they contacted me again saying they got the approval for the job offer. We spoke money again, and this time I was able to get $15k higher than my previous request. I was told that they hoped to have the offer to me by week’s end. It took 3 more weeks to get me the offer. All in all, it took 8 weeks from when they initially verbally offered me the job to get it in writing.
I ended up declining the offer. In the time they were processing my offer, I successfully interviewed with another company that was US based and handled matters much more efficiently. The whole process was completely unorganized. I felt that there was a lack of coordination, and a disconnect between the US and India sides of the company. For a company that is trying to win US business, they are very much an Indian company, and run like one. After receiving the offer, I was doing my due diligence and didn’t find a single person that praised them. Most recommended avoiding them. They all stated they were cheap.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – Call from recruiter who passed my contact info to HCL America manager. Manager called to schedule an interview. Interviewed for the position by phone. Passed on to another manager for phone interview. Offered the position.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions and those specific to the experience required for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After I negotiated the salary, another person identifying himself as HR manager called to renegotiate the salary for $5K less. Proved to be an annoyance since the recruiter already indicated the salary. I declined to discuss it further with the guy. Later I was made aware that I left $25k on the table. My advice: always start at the end of the range no matter what.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – It will be 2 to 5 round interview based on urgency and the requirements. Process will start from HR level and tech interview and senior level followed by final HR round for negotiation.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join HCL?   Answer Question

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!