HCL Technologies

Updated Mar 1, 2015
Updated Mar 1, 2015

2.9

Senior Java Dev Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Applied through recruiter . Got interview call on same day . I was,t ready for that .
    It was a Skype interview .

They was looking for some one with more then 8 years of experience. I had only 5 .

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2015.

I applied this job from a job board That recruitment was posted by a vendor of this company. So I was contacted by a recruiter. He wanted me to go to interview in the afternoon of same day. I felt it was too rushed. I asked him that would I have another option? He thought about it for a while then said how about afternoon of the next day. I had 2 interviews on that day. First one was their leader of recruiter team. I had good conversation with him. Second one was with his boss. But I was not sure about his position. He liked to change the topics very fast, sometimes I even didnt have enough time to finish current question. He also asked me write down what I do daily on a big white board. Feeling stressful with this boss. Have not heard from them about their decision.

Interview Questions
    • what do you often do about your current job? why do you want to do this job? what do you know about our company? how do you learn English(I am not a native speaker)? could you accept overtime work at the weekend or some holidays? etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2015.

They were hiring multiple people for the position. It was a mass interview event, lots of candidates (used in & out like cattle). Most of the interviews flew in from out of state & some were from affiliated company's not HCL. I Spoke with 2 different people for about 15 minutes each. It appeared that if the first person you talked to thought you did well you were passed onto the next. My interview was at the end of the day and I was not able to speak to a 3rd person from HCL to get any questions answered,about the position as they had all left to go to the airport.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations - I was emailed an acceptance package with the details. I had to agree to a salary amount through the recrutor before my interview

Technical Lead Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview process was pretty straightforward. Got a call from HCL HR a meeting was setup immediately by the HCL team working at the client site and then the interview with the client few days later. Got an offer in less than a week.

Interview Questions
    • No. As long as you know your work, you should be fine. Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2015.

Took a test then had a formal interview. They offered me the job asked me for my social security number and then they never called me back with a start date.

none $15.59 hr

SAP SD/OTD Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2015.

One round of telephonic interview with Richard Rauch from HCL Technologies for Goodrich/UTAS project. Conversation went very well dwelling on my SAP SD experience including topics of Order Management, Pricing, Leadership qualities, logistics execution, interfaces, etc. Richard is an approachable individual with good knowledge in SAP and attention to client's requirement.

Interview Questions
    • Knowledge of AOPB (Advanced Order Processing and Billing) in SAP SD.   View Answer
    We agreed upon the rate before the interview and the company held its promise.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Its pretty much easy as any other IT Organization .. Stick to the subject and be truthful.. They ask a lot about the past expedience .. Ensure u have well defined CV and walk through the same lines

It was OK ... HR is sticky and they have a matrix

Systems Analyst II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies in December 2014.

Applied via CareerBuilder. Within 5 minutes i was in contact with a recruiter directly from the company. At that time i scheduled a time for me to attend the "Open House" at the company where i would be tested, then interviewed. After hanging up, I recieved at least 10 phone calls from outside recruiting agencies (90% were Indian). I arrived to be seated in a room with about 8 other people, it was clear this was a mass hiring. We were taken to a Lab where we had 40 questions ranging from
    "What network model is described and one computer connected to another in succession where the last computer connects to the first(wording?): Ring was the answer"
    to
    "How to do you set the default paper layout for a printer?"

These questions were all multiple choice, but they were translated from indian to english, so some of the questions/answers were a bit hard to understand.
    They said i did VERY well, one of the highest scores, yet i received a low C on the test. (You need 20 questions correct to pass)

Then we proceeded to the interviews. Because you do not apply for a specific position, they have you interview in a layered approach. My first interview went well, he said that i was overqualified for any of the positions he had (I assume tier 1) and i would speak with the next interviewer. The next interview on the other hand seemed very unprofessional. He had a very thick accent so somethings were a bit hard to understand, but his vague questions, "What do you know about application?" "what is your weakness" Followed by the interruption of my questions to the interviewer, only to be dismissed did not set well with me.

Because it is an india based company, you have to take a drug test and background check before an offer is made.
    I received my offer, but the salary was far below market, no negotiation was possible.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you know about application?" ; "What network model is described and one computer connected to another in succession where the last computer connects to the first(wording?)"; "How to do you set the default paper layout for a printer?"   View Answer

Salary was far below market; But the education benefit of 7.5k a year was very nice.

Senior Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Campus Placement Process.
    3 Rounds:
    1st round - Behavioral and Interests driven. Questions like: How would you describe this room? What are the faults in the design? what would be fixes for said flaws? What kind of work interests you? etc.
    2nd round - Resume based. Walk through resume. Specific details related to points mentioned in resume including experience whilst working on projects, findings, issues and resolutions, etc.
    3rd round - HR. location preference/issues, salary negotiations, etc.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Hiring process involved Four rounds. Written Test, Group Discussion, Technical Round and HR Interview. As it was a on campus interview it was easy. Written test had aptitude questions and c programming questions.