HCL Technologies

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.9

Technical Lead Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview process was pretty straightforward. Got a call from HCL HR a meeting was setup immediately by the HCL team working at the client site and then the interview with the client few days later. Got an offer in less than a week.

Interview Questions
    • No. As long as you know your work, you should be fine. Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2015.

Took a test then had a formal interview. They offered me the job asked me for my social security number and then they never called me back with a start date.

none $15.59 hr

SAP SD/OTD Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2015.

One round of telephonic interview with Richard Rauch from HCL Technologies for Goodrich/UTAS project. Conversation went very well dwelling on my SAP SD experience including topics of Order Management, Pricing, Leadership qualities, logistics execution, interfaces, etc. Richard is an approachable individual with good knowledge in SAP and attention to client's requirement.

Interview Questions
    • Knowledge of AOPB (Advanced Order Processing and Billing) in SAP SD.   View Answer
    We agreed upon the rate before the interview and the company held its promise.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Its pretty much easy as any other IT Organization .. Stick to the subject and be truthful.. They ask a lot about the past expedience .. Ensure u have well defined CV and walk through the same lines

It was OK ... HR is sticky and they have a matrix

Systems Analyst II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies in December 2014.

Applied via CareerBuilder. Within 5 minutes i was in contact with a recruiter directly from the company. At that time i scheduled a time for me to attend the "Open House" at the company where i would be tested, then interviewed. After hanging up, I recieved at least 10 phone calls from outside recruiting agencies (90% were Indian). I arrived to be seated in a room with about 8 other people, it was clear this was a mass hiring. We were taken to a Lab where we had 40 questions ranging from
    "What network model is described and one computer connected to another in succession where the last computer connects to the first(wording?): Ring was the answer"
    to
    "How to do you set the default paper layout for a printer?"

These questions were all multiple choice, but they were translated from indian to english, so some of the questions/answers were a bit hard to understand.
    They said i did VERY well, one of the highest scores, yet i received a low C on the test. (You need 20 questions correct to pass)

Then we proceeded to the interviews. Because you do not apply for a specific position, they have you interview in a layered approach. My first interview went well, he said that i was overqualified for any of the positions he had (I assume tier 1) and i would speak with the next interviewer. The next interview on the other hand seemed very unprofessional. He had a very thick accent so somethings were a bit hard to understand, but his vague questions, "What do you know about application?" "what is your weakness" Followed by the interruption of my questions to the interviewer, only to be dismissed did not set well with me.

Because it is an india based company, you have to take a drug test and background check before an offer is made.
    I received my offer, but the salary was far below market, no negotiation was possible.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you know about application?" ; "What network model is described and one computer connected to another in succession where the last computer connects to the first(wording?)"; "How to do you set the default paper layout for a printer?"   View Answer

Salary was far below market; But the education benefit of 7.5k a year was very nice.

Senior Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Campus Placement Process.
    3 Rounds:
    1st round - Behavioral and Interests driven. Questions like: How would you describe this room? What are the faults in the design? what would be fixes for said flaws? What kind of work interests you? etc.
    2nd round - Resume based. Walk through resume. Specific details related to points mentioned in resume including experience whilst working on projects, findings, issues and resolutions, etc.
    3rd round - HR. location preference/issues, salary negotiations, etc.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Hiring process involved Four rounds. Written Test, Group Discussion, Technical Round and HR Interview. As it was a on campus interview it was easy. Written test had aptitude questions and c programming questions.

Infrastructure Transition and Transformation Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies in October 2014.

Contacted by company recruiter on Friday afternoon. Asked on Saturday to interview with PMO director in India @ 9:30PM Sunday night. The phone bridge number provided by the recruiter was wrong but the interviewer called me on my cell phone. PMO director described his interview expectations and process. Very refreshing. Questions were technical in nature; requested definition of terms within the job responsibilities. Very easy interview. After 1 hour interview, PMO director said that he was happy and wanted to make a decision ASAP. Next step was a face-to-face interview. I had to contact recruiter to schedule

Face to face interview was at company office in Frisco TX with service delivery VP. The person was 45 minutes late to the interview due to a meeting with a customer. When it took place, the interview lasted over an hour. Questions focused on personality, description of most current projects.

Continued questions throughout the process of my willingness to relocate to Dallas. All through the process, I responded that I was willing to relocate. A week after interview, was told that I made a good impression but were concerned about my willingness to relocate.

I took my name out of consideration due to 2 other offers received.

Infrastructure Project Manager - Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HCL Technologies in October 2014.

Initial contact and prescreen with a recruiting firm. 2 weeks later had a 1/2 hour phone interview with end client. Next would be face2face if selected for the final group of candidates, and then a background check.

Interview Questions
    • What type of infrastructure projects have you worked with the past?   View Answer
    • Have you ever managed teams that included members from other countries?   View Answer
    • Describe your experience with virtualization.   View Answer
    • How long have you been managingvinfrastructure projects?   View Answer

Senior Consultant MicroStrategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Round 1 - Technical Round
    It was an easy round. Just a read up on readily available interview questions on the internet would suffice.
    Round 2 - Behavioral Round
    It was more of an chat than an interview. Discussed on project execution methodologies, previous experiences.

Got a better offer with another firm