HCL Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Trainee/Entry Level SAP Technical Consultant Interview (Cary) Interview

Cary, NC

I applied through college or university and interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – I applied online through my school's career website in November. I got an email a few weeks later and then a phone interview a week after in early December. The phone interview was pretty easy; we just went over my resume, my experience in group work, and how I handle different, difficult situations in groups.
     I was told there would be an all-day group face-to-face interview next, which took them 2 whole months to set up. It took place at the end of February with 3 other candidates and 2 interviewers who flew in just for that. I found the interview to be a big waste of time. They spent 2 hours in the morning explaining how great the company is, then we went to lunch, then we had individual interviews and mine only lasted 10 minutes (and it was exactly the same questions as on the phone). After that we had a 4 hour dinner. So all in all, 10 minutes of interview and an entire day of spending company money. I understand they want to see how we interact with them but there are other ways than wasting an entire day and hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars.
     It was another one and a half months before I got an offer, but at the last minute they decided I had to relocate for the position, which they said nothing about before. I was uncomfortable with this so I declined.
     My impressions of the company based on this interview are they have time management issues, communication problems, and they waste a lot of money. Maybe a more experienced person applying for an upper level position may have a better time, but be vary if you're recruited right out of college.

Interview Question – Phone interview: Went over resume, discuss a time you had to deal with a difficult group member, discuss a difficult project you undertook and why was it difficult, discuss a leadership role you've had.

Face-to-face interview: Exactly the same.

Note: There are absolutely no technical questions. It's all about your interaction skills since this particular position teaches you everything you need to know.
  Answer Question

Service Delivery Manager/Assistant General Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – Process for available positions move quickly.

Interview Question – Consistent with position   Answer Question

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Cary, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in September 2012.

Interview Details – Process was very short, went into take a tech test, then had a 1:1 interview. Last I was given HR hiring paperwork and told I would start in about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – questions about Outlook, network issues and logon issues   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate but did not know that at the time

Sales Director Interview

Sales Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – 3 interviews on existing job performance, quota etc

Interview Question – Experience in working for a company that has federated business structure   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – There were things that were fishy about the culture as a lot of half baked information was being passed to quickly close on hiring

Lead Engineer Interview

Lead Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2013.

Interview Details – two rounds of technical interview which will be scheduled by a technical team and then the manager. final round will be HR for negotiating the salary and roles

Interview Question – Technical questions will be easy. more on collections and data structures.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – pay was less

Service Track Lead Interview

Service Track Lead
Jackson, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in March 2013.

Interview Details – interview , background to sitting in a seat took a long time

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Reasonable neg.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – got through the college campus interview. very easy questions about opps and c programming. Easy technical and HR rounds

Interview Question – all the questions are easy.. no such difficult question are asked   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst

Interview Details – I was contacted by a Recruiting Agency and vetted by them before actually getting an interview with HCL staff

Interview Question – There wasn't any question that was particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was in a rush as my unemployment had already expired and consulting wasn't quite paying enough of the bills so I didn't do good research and negotiated for less than market

My advice would be to know you local market and have them make that your base pay

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – I got in to HCL through campus recruitment. The first round was analytic and logical questions, the second round was a technical group discussion and the third round was an HR interview.

Interview Question – The interview was fairly easy and there was nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test
Redmond, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2010.

Interview Details – It was easy. They just ask simple problem solving questions.

Interviews for Top Jobs at HCL Technologies

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

HCL Technologies Videos

HCL Technologies – Why Work for Us?

HCL now running the #COOLESTINTERVIEWEVER. Know more and participate As a $6 billion global company, HCL is a leading global Technology and IT Enterprise, which began its journey in the USA in 1989. The HCL Enterprise… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HCL Technologies interview questions and advice. All 547 interview reviews posted anonymously by HCL Technologies employees and interview candidates.