HCL Technologies

546 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Desktop Support Manager Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at HCL Technologies in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiting company(whom I could barely understand) After a brief phone call from the hiring Manager, who then told me that this wasn't really an management position, more like a Lead position, a face to face was set up. 2 local and 1 remote via video conference. The interview was fairly quick and the questions didn't seem like they were related to the job title. A few days went by and I called the recruiter for a follow up. I was told they wanted to go in a different direction. Almost a month later the recruiter called me to say that after 10 more interviews they wanted to hire me. I found that very strange. After verbally saying I would take the position, i waited 2 weeks for an offer letter. During this time, I had another phone call with the hiring Manger and 2 others at the company that did not identify what they did for the company. Finally the offer was made.

Interview Question – The ease of the questions was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was done by the recruiter for me.

Senior Technical Lead Interview

Senior Technical Lead

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – a lot of technical questions

Interview Question – algorithms and technology related questions   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – It was an interview conducted on-campus for Java developer position. There ware 2 rounds.

The first one was a one to one HR interview. Just the usual questions.

The second round was group interview. The interviewer tested many areas, which included knowledge in the subjects, performance in a team/group, general knowledge and interests in extra-curricula.

I gave the interview about two years ago. So I don't remember the questions asked. But both rounds were easy. The interviewers were very nice and made me feel relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Question – Questions about extra-curricular interests and general knowledge   Answer Question

Tech Lead Interview

Tech Lead
Cary, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiters have you take a skill assessment test to determine your level of knowledge. Meet with recruiter and hiring manager for different projects

Interview Question – The always popular behavior question of "describe a difficult scenario that you fought through in your current job"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – With mine the negotiation was with a recruiter with a background in India culture. He acted like the below average salary offered was the best he could do

Embedded Systems Engineer (Co-op) Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – A recruiter called, asked me a few questions about my resume, if I'd be willing to relocate, what kind of salary I expected, if I was a US citizen, and if I had a record. Then he said he would send me the details soon. About two days later during the afternoon he called said the interview would be held the next day at a location 7+ hours away. No transportation or rooming was provided. I was not allowed to go past the lobby of the building at the interview location and we held our interview outside. The interviewers themselves were nice and in casual clothing. They got the notice about the interview about the same time I did.

Interview Question – The followup question caught me off guard:
What's the difference between C and C++?
What are the traits of an OOL? Can you describe them?
What are the types of inheritance?
  View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – Applied from Campus , Standard hiring process

Interview Question – The interview was 6 rounds   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at HCL Technologies

Interview Details – Quantitative aptitude test followed by Technical interview and Group Discussion.
Then HR interview at last.

Interview Question – Scenario based question in HR riybd   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Database Administrator

Interviewed at HCL Technologies

Interview Details – There are two technical rounds. you can expect these rounds will complete within 15-20 days gap. I after this depending on requirement they will release offletter, it amy takes from 2-3 months also.

Interview Question – Interview process takes long time.   Answer Question

Informatica Developer Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in October 2013.

Interview Details – Phone and than In person

Interview Question – Most of the question were scenario based and project related qusetions   Answer Question

QA Lead Interview

QA Lead

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in September 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process was good, and they offer many information of the company

Interview Question – Why are interested in HCL?   Answer Question