HCL Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.9

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Applied from Campus , Standard hiring process

Local Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in December 2013.

Hiring was with two managers one who really didn't care anything about you only that you worked and the other didn't seem to care at all. The main guy who runs the IT portion in India drilled you on tech questions and day to day operations and the other manager just asked basic IT questions that any IT person would know and it was very straight forward and very relaxed if you know your stuff.

Interview Questions
    • IT was not difficult they either liked you or didn't like you.   Answer Question
    I was contracted so no negotiations so I was stuck with the low base pay of 12 dollars per hour.

Software Engineer Interview

Quantitative aptitude test followed by Technical interview and Group Discussion.
    Then HR interview at last.

Database Administrator Interview

There are two technical rounds. you can expect these rounds will complete within 15-20 days gap. I after this depending on requirement they will release offletter, it amy takes from 2-3 months also.

Desktop Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at HCL Technologies in November 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiting company(whom I could barely understand) After a brief phone call from the hiring Manager, who then told me that this wasn't really an management position, more like a Lead position, a face to face was set up. 2 local and 1 remote via video conference. The interview was fairly quick and the questions didn't seem like they were related to the job title. A few days went by and I called the recruiter for a follow up. I was told they wanted to go in a different direction. Almost a month later the recruiter called me to say that after 10 more interviews they wanted to hire me. I found that very strange. After verbally saying I would take the position, i waited 2 weeks for an offer letter. During this time, I had another phone call with the hiring Manger and 2 others at the company that did not identify what they did for the company. Finally the offer was made.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation was done by the recruiter for me.

Informatica Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in October 2013.

Phone and than In person

Interview Questions
    • Most of the question were scenario based and project related qusetions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Recruiter contact
    Phone interview
    onite client interview

Senior Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

If customer selects then you are done.

Group Manager Interview

initial discussion with HR
    Followed up by 1st technical round
    followed by 2nd technical round
    manager level discussion
    final HR discussion

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Skype interview was effecient and on time specified. Had an answer back by the end of day.

Interview Questions
    • Due to language barrier and non typical language used to describe job duties, it difficul to understand.   Answer Question