HCL Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.9

Embedded Systems Engineer (Co-op) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

A recruiter called, asked me a few questions about my resume, if I'd be willing to relocate, what kind of salary I expected, if I was a US citizen, and if I had a record. Then he said he would send me the details soon. About two days later during the afternoon he called said the interview would be held the next day at a location 7+ hours away. No transportation or rooming was provided. I was not allowed to go past the lobby of the building at the interview location and we held our interview outside. The interviewers themselves were nice and in casual clothing. They got the notice about the interview about the same time I did.

Interview Questions
    • The followup question caught me off guard:
      What's the difference between C and C++?
      What are the traits of an OOL? Can you describe them?
      What are the types of inheritance?
        View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Applied from Campus , Standard hiring process

Local Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies in December 2013.

Hiring was with two managers one who really didn't care anything about you only that you worked and the other didn't seem to care at all. The main guy who runs the IT portion in India drilled you on tech questions and day to day operations and the other manager just asked basic IT questions that any IT person would know and it was very straight forward and very relaxed if you know your stuff.

Interview Questions
    • IT was not difficult they either liked you or didn't like you.   Answer Question
    I was contracted so no negotiations so I was stuck with the low base pay of 12 dollars per hour.

Software Engineer Interview

Quantitative aptitude test followed by Technical interview and Group Discussion.
    Then HR interview at last.

Database Administrator Interview

There are two technical rounds. you can expect these rounds will complete within 15-20 days gap. I after this depending on requirement they will release offletter, it amy takes from 2-3 months also.

Desktop Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HCL Technologies in November 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiting company(whom I could barely understand) After a brief phone call from the hiring Manager, who then told me that this wasn't really an management position, more like a Lead position, a face to face was set up. 2 local and 1 remote via video conference. The interview was fairly quick and the questions didn't seem like they were related to the job title. A few days went by and I called the recruiter for a follow up. I was told they wanted to go in a different direction. Almost a month later the recruiter called me to say that after 10 more interviews they wanted to hire me. I found that very strange. After verbally saying I would take the position, i waited 2 weeks for an offer letter. During this time, I had another phone call with the hiring Manger and 2 others at the company that did not identify what they did for the company. Finally the offer was made.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation was done by the recruiter for me.

Informatica Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies in October 2013.

Phone and than In person

Interview Questions
    • Most of the question were scenario based and project related qusetions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Recruiter contact
    Phone interview
    onite client interview

Senior Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

If customer selects then you are done.

Group Manager Interview