HCL Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Got placed in HCL technologies through campus placements in the year 2011, my final year. We had aptitude test conducted initially, which had 4 sections, logical, reasoning, verbal, programming. after clearing the first round, we had Technical+HR interview round. Technical questions from the electronics and communication branch were asked since, we were from EC background.

Regional Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies in August 2014.

Interview

5 Steps. 1st step with recruiter and HR. 2nd Interview with Regional Manager. 3rd with Territory VP 4th Interview with Infrastructure Head. Final Interview with panel. Company paid for travel and stay for the interview process. Also got to meet the team and delivery members on accounts to be managed.

Interview Questions

• Services Related. How will you work with an offshore model (India)   Answer Question

Software Developer I Interview

Interview

they will call for one round of written basic questions, then 2 rounds o technical interview and one HR round also once it was done on a playground with shamiyana allover dust are flying no one was interested in the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

ok

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies (Jackson, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

There is only one interview. Questions are very general to make sure that you have a basic knowledge of IT. Staff are super friendly during interview process. It does take a very long time to get on boarded.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question is how long do you see yourself in this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not get a chance to negotiate. Pay is really high compared to industry standard.

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies in July 2014.

Interview

Interview process went on with 3rd round. 1st was a telephonic and F2F in which i went to Hyderabad HCL, HR confereced to chennai team. On monday i got call from HR saying i was selected and discussed about Salary negiotations. the process on July 24th & ends by July 28th. Still I have not received offer letter

Interview Questions

• why team is not giving response to my email/phone call?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Call from recruiter who passed my contact info to HCL America manager. Manager called to schedule an interview. Interviewed for the position by phone. Passed on to another manager for phone interview. Offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions and those specific to the experience required for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

After I negotiated the salary, another person identifying himself as HR manager called to renegotiate the salary for $5K less. Proved to be an annoyance since the recruiter already indicated the salary. I declined to discuss it further with the guy. Later I was made aware that I left $25k on the table. My advice: always start at the end of the range no matter what.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

It will be 2 to 5 round interview based on urgency and the requirements. Process will start from HR level and tech interview and senior level followed by final HR round for negotiation.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedminster, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies (Bedminster, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

Multi-step process. Nothing unexpected. Phone screen. Phone interview. Face to face with the hiring manager and one other. Face to face with a senior manager.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected. They asked a few questions about having Indian based reports, and if I had experience working hours to support the time zones and India.   Answer Question

The position I applied for seamed great on paper and I was very interested. It was for an Operation Manager at one of their clients. I was able to get through multiple rounds of interviews only to be held up constantly by them. I met with the hiring manager and won his approval. I had a phone call by the time I got home from HR informing me that they were going to make me an offer. We spoke about money. My salary was requirements were $5k higher than they wanted to pay for the position. I wasn’t willing to come down. I got an email the next day saying that they wanted me to meet with another senior manager due to the criticality of the position. I didn’t think anything of it, only that they should have said that before offering me the job. I was not sure if this had to do with my salary demands. Due to scheduling conflicts it took 2 weeks to setup that next interview. I didn’t hear back from them for 3-4 weeks. I left a couple messages with HR and sent a couple emails. No response. I wrote them off. Out of the blue they contacted me again saying they got the approval for the job offer. We spoke money again, and this time I was able to get $15k higher than my previous request. I was told that they hoped to have the offer to me by week’s end. It took 3 more weeks to get me the offer. All in all, it took 8 weeks from when they initially verbally offered me the job to get it in writing. I ended up declining the offer. In the time they were processing my offer, I successfully interviewed with another company that was US based and handled matters much more efficiently. The whole process was completely unorganized. I felt that there was a lack of coordination, and a disconnect between the US and India sides of the company. For a company that is trying to win US business, they are very much an Indian company, and run like one. After receiving the offer, I was doing my due diligence and didn’t find a single person that praised them. Most recommended avoiding them. They all stated they were cheap.

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at HCL Technologies (Cary, NC).

Interview

I applied online through my school's career website in November. I got an email a few weeks later and then a phone interview a week after in early December. The phone interview was pretty easy; we just went over my resume, my experience in group work, and how I handle different, difficult situations in groups. I was told there would be an all-day group face-to-face interview next, which took them 2 whole months to set up. It took place at the end of February with 3 other candidates and 2 interviewers who flew in just for that. I found the interview to be a big waste of time. They spent 2 hours in the morning explaining how great the company is, then we went to lunch, then we had individual interviews and mine only lasted 10 minutes (and it was exactly the same questions as on the phone). After that we had a 4 hour dinner. So all in all, 10 minutes of interview and an entire day of spending company money. I understand they want to see how we interact with them but there are other ways than wasting an entire day and hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars. It was another one and a half months before I got an offer, but at the last minute they decided I had to relocate for the position, which they said nothing about before. I was uncomfortable with this so I declined. My impressions of the company based on this interview are they have time management issues, communication problems, and they waste a lot of money. Maybe a more experienced person applying for an upper level position may have a better time, but be vary if you're recruited right out of college.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: Went over resume, discuss a time you had to deal with a difficult group member, discuss a difficult project you undertook and why was it difficult, discuss a leadership role you've had. Face-to-face interview: Exactly the same. Note: There are absolutely no technical questions. It's all about your interaction skills since this particular position teaches you everything you need to know.   Answer Question

SAP Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies in April 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview onlys. 3 interviews over the phone. Process was fast towards offer.First interview was to get the basics, second was with a senior consultant and last was with a manager.

Negotiation

Okay