HCL Technologies

Interview Question – challenging situations faced and tackled   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Redmond, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in April 2011.

Interview Details – Only technical questions, no STAR questions. 1:1 interview in person.

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – Skype interview was effecient and on time specified. Had an answer back by the end of day.

Interview Question – Due to language barrier and non typical language used to describe job duties, it difficul to understand.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – The hiring process is very structured

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for HCL   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – My resume was found online was contacted by a third party recruiter. Then contacted by the company HR to come in for an interview that week. Alot of confusion since the position went from temp to perm was dealing with one person then switch to another person.

Interview Question – They make you take a test to see your excel, internet, and math knowledge. Other than that no questions was difficult. Was told I would receive an email but nothing as of yet. It has been 3 weeks.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – Technical Round 1
Technical Round 2
Management Level
HR
Offer

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
Durham, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at HCL Technologies in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through my school career management center. Attended the campus interview - a week later received an email stating that I was selected to move forward in the interview process and to stand by for further details. Its been 4 months since and am still waiting for that next round interview call...

Interview Question – Whats the biggest challenge in the IT industry   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Developer Intern Interview

Software Developer Intern
Redmond, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2012.

Interview Details – Phone call. No coding questions asked. They just asked really typically "What was a project you worked on and a challenge you had to overcome" type questions. It sounded like english was not their first language (I later found out that this company is almost completely indian people). It also sounded like they were just reading the questions off a note sheet. Took near 50 days for them to get back to me...

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through career fair in University. While submitting resume they asked me about my interest and availability. Then they gave me a paper for signing to schedule an interview on very next day in Univesity.

Interview Question – General Questions like which is most difficult project, what difficulties you had, What about team conflicts in team projects.etc.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

Interviewed at HCL Technologies

Interview Details – very chaotic

Interview Question – how will you achieve your number   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very bad they have a very tight purse