HCL Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

I got in to HCL through campus recruitment. The first round was analytic and logical questions, the second round was a technical group discussion and the third round was an HR interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview was fairly easy and there was nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Senior Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

a lot of technical questions

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

It was an interview conducted on-campus for Java developer position. There ware 2 rounds.

The first one was a one to one HR interview. Just the usual questions.

The second round was group interview. The interviewer tested many areas, which included knowledge in the subjects, performance in a team/group, general knowledge and interests in extra-curricula.

I gave the interview about two years ago. So I don't remember the questions asked. But both rounds were easy. The interviewers were very nice and made me feel relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Questions about extra-curricular interests and general knowledge   Answer Question

Embedded Systems Engineer (Co-op) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

A recruiter called, asked me a few questions about my resume, if I'd be willing to relocate, what kind of salary I expected, if I was a US citizen, and if I had a record. Then he said he would send me the details soon. About two days later during the afternoon he called said the interview would be held the next day at a location 7+ hours away. No transportation or rooming was provided. I was not allowed to go past the lobby of the building at the interview location and we held our interview outside. The interviewers themselves were nice and in casual clothing. They got the notice about the interview about the same time I did.

Interview Questions

• The followup question caught me off guard:
      What's the difference between C and C++?
      What are the traits of an OOL? Can you describe them?
      What are the types of inheritance?

1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Applied from Campus , Standard hiring process

Interview Questions

• The interview was 6 rounds   1 Answer

Local Desktop Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies (Cary, NC) in December 2013.

Interview

Hiring was with two managers one who really didn't care anything about you only that you worked and the other didn't seem to care at all. The main guy who runs the IT portion in India drilled you on tech questions and day to day operations and the other manager just asked basic IT questions that any IT person would know and it was very straight forward and very relaxed if you know your stuff.

Interview Questions

• IT was not difficult they either liked you or didn't like you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was contracted so no negotiations so I was stuck with the low base pay of 12 dollars per hour.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Quantitative aptitude test followed by Technical interview and Group Discussion.
    Then HR interview at last.

Database Administrator Interview

Interview

There are two technical rounds. you can expect these rounds will complete within 15-20 days gap. I after this depending on requirement they will release offletter, it amy takes from 2-3 months also.

Desktop Support Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HCL Technologies (Denver, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting company(whom I could barely understand) After a brief phone call from the hiring Manager, who then told me that this wasn't really an management position, more like a Lead position, a face to face was set up. 2 local and 1 remote via video conference. The interview was fairly quick and the questions didn't seem like they were related to the job title. A few days went by and I called the recruiter for a follow up. I was told they wanted to go in a different direction. Almost a month later the recruiter called me to say that after 10 more interviews they wanted to hire me. I found that very strange. After verbally saying I would take the position, i waited 2 weeks for an offer letter. During this time, I had another phone call with the hiring Manger and 2 others at the company that did not identify what they did for the company. Finally the offer was made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation was done by the recruiter for me.

Informatica Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone and than In person

Interview Questions

• Most of the question were scenario based and project related qusetions   Answer Question