HCL Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.9

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

My resume was found online was contacted by a third party recruiter. Then contacted by the company HR to come in for an interview that week. Alot of confusion since the position went from temp to perm was dealing with one person then switch to another person.

Interview Questions
    • They make you take a test to see your excel, internet, and math knowledge. Other than that no questions was difficult. Was told I would receive an email but nothing as of yet. It has been 3 weeks.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Technical Round 1
    Technical Round 2
    Management Level
    HR
    Offer

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2012.

Phone call. No coding questions asked. They just asked really typically "What was a project you worked on and a challenge you had to overcome" type questions. It sounded like english was not their first language (I later found out that this company is almost completely indian people). It also sounded like they were just reading the questions off a note sheet. Took near 50 days for them to get back to me...

No negotiation.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at HCL Technologies in March 2013.

Applied through my school career management center. Attended the campus interview - a week later received an email stating that I was selected to move forward in the interview process and to stand by for further details. Its been 4 months since and am still waiting for that next round interview call...

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in March 2013.

Applied through career fair in University. While submitting resume they asked me about my interest and availability. Then they gave me a paper for signing to schedule an interview on very next day in Univesity.

Interview Questions
    • General Questions like which is most difficult project, what difficulties you had, What about team conflicts in team projects.etc.   Answer Question

Director Interview

very chaotic

Interview Questions
    very bad they have a very tight purse

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Initial communication by e-mail, followed by a screening phone call. Interview was pleasant and about half an hour long. Regular questions including salary expectations were discussed at this stage which was a little surprising. The next was a hiring manager interview which was shorter but more directed towards operational issues. Was told that I would be getting an offer by e-mail but the position did not open up as the current analyst decided to stay. Overall a positive experience.

Systems Administrative Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at HCL Technologies in March 2012.

So far I have had two technical interviews and one face-to-face. I applied through a recruiting company back in February. While I was told I was 'selected' as the candidate it seems that there are other candidates from other recruiting companies. Still waiting for final outcome.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in August 2012.

I had a phone interview that was non technical with an HR lady. She asked me about my experience and what I wanted to accomplish on the job. I then went in for an all day interview where I spent most of the time solving problems in a group setting. At the end I was grabbed for a one on one to answer a few questions on the whiteboard. Basic questions involving data structures, string manipulation, and OOP principles

Interview Questions
    There was a salary offer that wasn't really negotiable. I did have another offer at the time but it was less so I decided to go with this one.

Engineering Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Multiple basic interview mostly on work experience. Seemed like a good team to work with but there were too many rounds of interviews than necessary, probably for a lack of better recruitment process. If you're on a fast track mode on your job hunt, this may not be dependable.

Location and motivators were not feasible