HCL Technologies Interview Questions

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies in March 2013.

Applied through career fair in University. While submitting resume they asked me about my interest and availability. Then they gave me a paper for signing to schedule an interview on very next day in Univesity.

Interview Questions
    • General Questions like which is most difficult project, what difficulties you had, What about team conflicts in team projects.etc.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at HCL Technologies in March 2013.

Applied through my school career management center. Attended the campus interview - a week later received an email stating that I was selected to move forward in the interview process and to stand by for further details. Its been 4 months since and am still waiting for that next round interview call...

Service Track Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies in March 2013.

interview , background to sitting in a seat took a long time

Reasonable neg.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at HCL Technologies.

campus intervirw
    1. Technical
    HR

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2013.

two rounds of technical interview which will be scheduled by a technical team and then the manager. final round will be HR for negotiating the salary and roles

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions will be easy. more on collections and data structures.   Answer Question

pay was less

Software QA Test Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2013.

Phone Interview, then Face to face, with 2 or 3 people. Usually at Agency.

Interview Questions
    easy but regret taking the job.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2013.

Contractor Interview through a Staffing Agency
    Interview with the Staffing Agency first - Brief - phone interview - basics
    Interview with the company - Multiple projects if you're not suited/.qualified for one, you have other chances.
    30-minutes Technical IT test, depending on your score, qualifies you for which project to work on.
    Irrelevant questions to the actual job. Only top scorers get to work with healthcare companies.
    Interview with 2-3 sepervisor/team leads/managers in a conference room, asking basics about Active Directory, Remedy Ticketing, Networking skills, past work experience. A couple situational technical questions, and how you'd handle/steps process.
    Within 15 minutes, I was given word that I was Accepted

Interview Questions
    • Technical situational questions about specific applications or VPN   Answer Question
    No negotiation needed.

Managing Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Telephonic interview

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

couple of rounds of interview. The interview process was pretty slow.

BPO Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Please avoid being cheated by this company's HR department like I was - They made my life hell on earth for six months.

I interviewed for a position and was told shortly after (2 days) by HCL that I had gotten the position and to wait two weeks for the offer to be ready. Then, every single week for three months they made excuses as to why it wasn't ready yet but said that I should not seek other income because the written offer is "almost finished".

They then requested that I register with another company which would handle my training, with which I had to drive 3 hours to site, spend all day giving all of my information (which HCL already had) to this company, for which I was not reimbursed at all. I was then told that I would receive the offer within one to five business days. After another two months, it had still not come, although each week HCL continued to claim it 'just had to be signed by one more person' and asked that I not seek another employer.

Another month went by (we are to six months now) and the training company has literally called/emailed me to say that they can no longer work with me because HCL missed all the paperwork deadlines after several chances and there is nothing that they can do about it.

I then called HCL and asked for a verbal guarantee that my offer would be ready within seven days because by this time I had spent all my savings trying to survive and wait for this position. They gave me the verbal guarantee and then still did not have the offer ready on time.

My school (which I'll keep anonymous but is a top-10 university in the US) is now blacklisting HCL from doing any further campus recruiting, and is having to help me start my job search over, which is incredibly stressful.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about how to do some advanced functions in Powerpoint and Excel, and some philosophical questions. The interviewer then talked up the position for about two hours and I left the interview feeling like I had scored an awesome position and an awesome company. (Little did I know)   Answer Question

Six months after I had the verbal offer, HR was still scrambling to pick a start date and I literally could not take one more week with no job and no income.