HCL Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test
Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in August 2012.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview that was non technical with an HR lady. She asked me about my experience and what I wanted to accomplish on the job. I then went in for an all day interview where I spent most of the time solving problems in a group setting. At the end I was grabbed for a one on one to answer a few questions on the whiteboard. Basic questions involving data structures, string manipulation, and OOP principles

Interview Question – Code the Fibonacci sequence not using recursion   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was a salary offer that wasn't really negotiable. I did have another offer at the time but it was less so I decided to go with this one.

Engineering Manager Interview

Engineering Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – Multiple basic interview mostly on work experience. Seemed like a good team to work with but there were too many rounds of interviews than necessary, probably for a lack of better recruitment process. If you're on a fast track mode on your job hunt, this may not be dependable.

Reason for Declining – Location and motivators were not feasible

Very Easy Interview

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2010.

Interview Details – Easy, accept the cheap salary and you will get a job

Interview Question – Would you work for 24 hours a day?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – NA

Senior Specialist Interview

Senior Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – 1) Technical Interview
2) HR will contact you to confirm second interview
3) Interview with Manager -Skype/Face2Face
4) Offer Letter

Interview Question – In VMWare, what is the formula for CPU Ready?   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – Good interview process with technical round with focus on strong technical skill and also management round with more project orientation.

Interview Question – Technical round is grilling   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Help Desk Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – Contacted by a staffing agency, they referred my resume to company, scheduled an interview for the next day. Was interviewed by hiring manager, lasted about 25 min. Interview was mostly list your technical experiences. Left and received call from agency withing 20 min. that I was hired.

Negotiation Details – They would not budge

Director IT Services Interview

Director IT Services
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview was with a recruiter followed by Talent Manager and then two phone screens. I finally was asked to come in and meet with an SVP. The face to face was truly a behavioral interview as the SVP started out very friendly but turned midway through the interview and started questioning my responses as if they were incorrect. I thought I truly blew the interview since we had a hard time coming to simiar terms. Found out it was a test and was then asked to come in and meet another SVP.

Interview Question – Explain the strategy not the methodology?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was steadfast from the begining as to the rate I would accept. HCL agreed.

Product Manager At CapitalStream Interview

Product Manager At CapitalStream
Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at HCL Technologies in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for the role through a Recruiter. 3 Phone Interviews:
1. With Hiring Manager - regular Product Management Interview; Background; Fit; Domain Experience
After 2 weeks the Hiring Manager asked me to interview with another Product Manager & Director of Product Management
Both Interviews followed the model of first interview
All the interviewers were really courteous & professional.
The Hiring Manager called me again after 2 weeks & told me that they are going to put the position on hold until end of holidays.
Early this year, the Hiring Manager asked me to interview with senior VP. Unfortunately the senior VP did not make it to the interview 2 different types.
The Hiring manager said that she's going to make an offer without interviewing the VP.

Reason for Declining – The offer was same as my present role. There was no room for any negotiations - not attractive enough to jump ship.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – campus intervirw
1. Technical
HR

Interview Question – What you expect in next year   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Managing Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – Telephonic interview