HCL Technologies Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2012.

Phone call. No coding questions asked. They just asked really typically "What was a project you worked on and a challenge you had to overcome" type questions. It sounded like english was not their first language (I later found out that this company is almost completely indian people). It also sounded like they were just reading the questions off a note sheet. Took near 50 days for them to get back to me...

No negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in March 2013.

Applied through career fair in University. While submitting resume they asked me about my interest and availability. Then they gave me a paper for signing to schedule an interview on very next day in Univesity.

Interview Questions
    • General Questions like which is most difficult project, what difficulties you had, What about team conflicts in team projects.etc.   Answer Question

Director Interview

very chaotic

Interview Questions
    very bad they have a very tight purse

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Initial communication by e-mail, followed by a screening phone call. Interview was pleasant and about half an hour long. Regular questions including salary expectations were discussed at this stage which was a little surprising. The next was a hiring manager interview which was shorter but more directed towards operational issues. Was told that I would be getting an offer by e-mail but the position did not open up as the current analyst decided to stay. Overall a positive experience.

Systems Administrative Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at HCL Technologies in March 2012.

So far I have had two technical interviews and one face-to-face. I applied through a recruiting company back in February. While I was told I was 'selected' as the candidate it seems that there are other candidates from other recruiting companies. Still waiting for final outcome.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in August 2012.

I had a phone interview that was non technical with an HR lady. She asked me about my experience and what I wanted to accomplish on the job. I then went in for an all day interview where I spent most of the time solving problems in a group setting. At the end I was grabbed for a one on one to answer a few questions on the whiteboard. Basic questions involving data structures, string manipulation, and OOP principles

Interview Questions
    There was a salary offer that wasn't really negotiable. I did have another offer at the time but it was less so I decided to go with this one.

Engineering Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Multiple basic interview mostly on work experience. Seemed like a good team to work with but there were too many rounds of interviews than necessary, probably for a lack of better recruitment process. If you're on a fast track mode on your job hunt, this may not be dependable.

Location and motivators were not feasible

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2010.

Easy, accept the cheap salary and you will get a job

NA

Senior Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

1) Technical Interview
    2) HR will contact you to confirm second interview
    3) Interview with Manager -Skype/Face2Face
    4) Offer Letter

Interview Questions
    • In VMWare, what is the formula for CPU Ready?   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Good interview process with technical round with focus on strong technical skill and also management round with more project orientation.