HCL Technologies

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2013.

Interview Details – two rounds of technical interview which will be scheduled by a technical team and then the manager. final round will be HR for negotiating the salary and roles

Interview Question – Technical questions will be easy. more on collections and data structures.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – pay was less

Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process took 1 day.

Interview scheduled by talent acquisition through naukri portal, have two rounds!
one is written test and another technical.

Written test is very easy, but technical round is difficult with two managers. Interviewers asked me to design and develop in paper, giving 40 minutes of time.

Good experience.

Interview Question – Real time designing at interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is negotiable

Chennai (India)

Interviewed at HCL Technologies

Interview Details – Good process of written test followed by tech round - 1 and tech round - II , Manager round , HR. So overall the feedback about the interview process is good.

Negotiation Details – Good one

Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in September 2010.

Interview Details – Based on communication, logical thinking, interview process will happen. Will be asked to code on the technical skills where the interviewer will try to check on coding skills as well as the logic in handling the use case.

Interview Question – Logical thinking would include real time scenario to be explained.   View Answer

Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2012.

Interview Details – If you are coming from other cities of india then it will take long time to reimburse you travel expense.
For me it took seven months after my employment and I have to take strict follow up for the same

Interview Question – Why did you left your last company?   Answer Question

Noida (India)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HCL Technologies in November 2010.

Interview Details – F2F interview and then managerial round and then HR disscussion

Interview Question – It was simple interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will offer minimum possible salary.

Hyderābād (India)

I applied online - interviewed at HCL Technologies in September 2013.

Interview Details – There will be 3 rounds of interview, 2 technical as well as one HR, Most of the time questions will be asked on technical knowledge of your area of work. Some times they ask questions related to algorithms and data-structures, may also ask you to write some code like sorting,linked lists.

Interview Question – I fell its difficult for experienced programmers to answer data-structures questions as most of people don't work on them, especially when their framework is already providing all of them without writing any code for that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary negotiation will be very difficult, they don't give you what you expected until unless there is an urgent need.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at HCL Technologies in December 2013.

Interview Details – Just Phonic interview with basic questions

Interview Question – they will ask question as per the profile not out side   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – less compensation

Noida (India)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in December 2013.

Interview Details – 1 Telephonic round (45 min) mainly technical, the questions where based upon your previous projects, 1 F2F Technical round (1 Hr) questions where basically on the technology you were presently working on and on your previous projects. 1 Manager Round- Nothing technical only generic questions related to your past projects and experience, Finally HR Round- Only for collecting your personal details, no negotiation.

Overall good Interview process, but the hiring process is dead slow. It took almost 3+ weeks to release offer letter.

Interview Question – Nothing much Difficult, questions were very basic and based upon the work you have done earlier.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, They will put you in any band based upon the requirement and usually pay less than the industry standards.

Very Difficult Interview

Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2010.

Interview Details – There was 1.5 hour technical interview, with questions related to you strong base and understanding of computer language and to test your ability to learn

Interview Question – As this was new group to check new technology, questions related to hardware was not expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much negotiation as i was very happy to join new technology.

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!