HCL Technologies

HCL Technologies Manager Interview Questions

2.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

The interview process took 8 months and entailed 6 interviews. There was a round with someone to test the technical background and a second level check on this as well. Then there were several telephone conversations with onsite personnel, and a final on site interview.

Interview Questions
  • In depth detailed questions on ITIL processes. Like repeat the textbook kind of questions.   Answer Question
Despite earlier speak of salary level HCL tried to go below this level. As onsite salaries do not effectively increase one should take into consideration the amount of pay for the full period.

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Manager Interview

Interview process is slow (longer waiting period) & non transparent (suddenly another technical round comes up while at the end of previous round it was told the next one would be HR round)

Interview Questions
    • Additional technical round comes up where the questions are bit irrelevant for the position   Answer Question

Got another better offer & before this offer letter was issued

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2010.

Fresher Hiring is central. Lateral hiring is done by individual Business units. Two technical panels and a HR interview are the norm. For positions of Group Manager and above the head of the business unit may be involved in the hiring decision. Technical Panel 1 may be by peer level. Technical panel 2 would be immediate supervisor and a subject matter expert. The HR interview is normally a compensation negotiation, post which a background verification would be done. The offer letter would be sent after verification.

Interview Questions
    • I was interviewed for a HR role and the questions were well within my knowledge level. The difficulty came when I was offered a choice of positions in HR, nd.Program Management and Operations - since I had experience in all three because my entrepreneurial background   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate much as I was returning to the world Corporate after 10 years of partnering a business venture that grew from INR 800000 to INR 40000000 during my tenure. The lack of a 'corporate brand' was cited as a reason for not giving credence to my years of experience.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies in August 2009.

Interview with a Senior Developer then with Manager and then HR.