Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at HCL Technologies
- Software Engineer (198)
- Senior Software Engineer (48)
- Lead Engineer (35)
- Graduate Engineer Trainee (28)
- Senior Analyst (20)
- Technical Lead (18)
- Associate Consultant (18)
- Software Developer (15)
- Analyst (14)
- Management Trainee (13)
- Specialist (12)
- Member Technical Staff (12)
- Project Manager (11)
- GET (11)
- Consultant (10)
- Senior Consultant (10)
- Senior Technical Lead (9)
- Senior Manager (9)
- Business Analyst (9)
- Tech Lead (9)
- Business Development Manager (7)
- Systems Analyst (7)
- Senior Specialist (6)
- Member, Technical Staff (6)
- Associate Software Engineer (6)
- Technical Specialist (5)
- Help Desk Analyst (5)
- Testing Engineer (5)
- Member of Technical Staff (5)
- Manager (5)
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8+ months – interviewed at HCL Technologies.
The interview process took 8 months and entailed 6 interviews. There was a round with someone to test the technical background and a second level check on this as well. Then there were several telephone conversations with onsite personnel, and a final on site interview.
- In depth detailed questions on ITIL processes. Like repeat the textbook kind of questions. Answer Question
Despite earlier speak of salary level HCL tried to go below this level. As onsite salaries do not effectively increase one should take into consideration the amount of pay for the full period.
Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies
Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2013.
The interview was 5 step process
1 hr round - basic introduction and questions about job interest
2 technical round one- detailed 45 mins technical round on knowledge testing
3 technical round two- detailed one hour technical discussion
4 manager round - senior manager from organization called to update about the job and kpis
5 nego- HR team called to discuss the package
- How fast can you join? Answer Question
Manager InterviewDeclined Offer
Interview process is slow (longer waiting period) & non transparent (suddenly another technical round comes up while at the end of previous round it was told the next one would be HR round)
- Additional technical round comes up where the questions are bit irrelevant for the position Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Got another better offer & before this offer letter was issued
Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)) in February 2010.
Fresher Hiring is central. Lateral hiring is done by individual Business units. Two technical panels and a HR interview are the norm. For positions of Group Manager and above the head of the business unit may be involved in the hiring decision. Technical Panel 1 may be by peer level. Technical panel 2 would be immediate supervisor and a subject matter expert. The HR interview is normally a compensation negotiation, post which a background verification would be done. The offer letter would be sent after verification.
- I was interviewed for a HR role and the questions were well within my knowledge level. The difficulty came when I was offered a choice of positions in HR, nd.Program Management and Operations - since I had experience in all three because my entrepreneurial background Answer Question
I was not able to negotiate much as I was returning to the world Corporate after 10 years of partnering a business venture that grew from INR 800000 to INR 40000000 during my tenure. The lack of a 'corporate brand' was cited as a reason for not giving credence to my years of experience.
Manager InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at HCL Technologies in August 2009.
Interview with a Senior Developer then with Manager and then HR.
- Shuffle pack of cards Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review