HCL Technologies

Updated Nov 15, 2014

3.1

156 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pre Sales (Global Business Acquisition) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies in November 2014.

Resume Shortlisting (Based on Projects and Academics), GD (Topics are very abstract), Interview (Technical) Profile & Companies Products and Offerings Related, Interview (HR)
    Pre Placement Talk was followed by all the above segments and the entire process was very lengthy. Interview Duration about 30-45 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies in November 2014.

Call from mail.. asked currrent CTC and expected... then received call letter... I reached there and its all over.... they said our budget is equal to you current.... I cannot say my feelings in words...

its totally fricking experience to listen that there budget is equal to my current CTC... even they have asked me befire interview my current and expected... but still they called and do the fricking job..

Business Analyst Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies in October 2014.

Gd technical interview and hr interview
    Gd topic subject knowledge or right attitude which according to you is more important in corporate and other topics were financial inclusion and about managerial skills and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were about summer internship programme and related to job description.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview went well as it was a walk in and there was a huge toll of people outside the building as well as inside. The only part bad was HR. She called me to negotiate for salary and her first sentence was I can offer you 2.20 and if it's OK with me then she will release the offer letter else I have seen the queue outside the building that day. The WORST HR on earth I came across. I was in need and accepted the offer. I really feel like telling her now she needs to learn how to be professional.

Interview Questions
    • A question related to Windows Server command.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

First Technical Round Of Interview

Second Technical + Managerial round of Interview

Third HR Discussion.

Do not expect much salary in HR Discussion & no guarantee of receiving offer letter even if you have cleared all the rounds.

Note : - In my case after one month of HR discussion i got the offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing new same old interview questions like reason for change , challenges faced , current roles & responsibilities etc...   View Answer

Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies in September 2014.

I cleared first round of interview for QTP profile that took near an hour. In first round interviewer asked good number of technical questions and I answered 90% of them correct.

In second round interviewer asked only one question which was totally out of my profile. He did not asked any question after the first one and only because I was the third person came from my current organization (he already interviewed two who were from my organization and he selected both of them asking no question out profile), he gave my negative feedback. He did not give me any chance to answer any question except first (which was last question from his side).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Campus recruitment process was pretty straight and oriented. On campus interview and test and direct hiring as Software Engineer Trainee. Upon completion of 6 months as Software Engineer Trainee hired as full time Software Engineer.

Inter project resource exchange program also has interview process. Technical interview and personal assessment and work experience feedback

Interview Questions
    • None as such. Group discussions are typically interesting and can be tricky too   Answer Question
    For starters no negotiations and for internal company project changes also, not much of a margin of negotiation unless you are at a higher position

Deputy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

There was just 1 interview round. somehow for me it was not very difficult. The questions asked were around sourcing as i am into global sourcing. Questions asked were:

1) What all is part of an RFI
    2) RFQ document
    3) Major points in an agreement?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at HCL Technologies in August 2014.

total of 4 rounds
    written was quit easy if u know the basics of c,cpp or java
    technical rounds was about 45 mins long and asked some simple stuff like linkedlist with code stack with code , oop concepts , basics of c and algorithm on real world cases
    h.r was also very interactive

bad thing is the joining process was too long and you might have to wait for long for joining

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

The initial contact was by an HR person from their Chennai office. The requirements were communicated and I was called for the face to face. The process began late as no HR person was available. I had to call the HR on phone to ask about the status. There were other candidates waiting for the face to face as well. I was very disappointed with the interviewer as he hardly understood my work or my profile and seemed less experienced. I realised half way that I couldn't survive the place or people and left.