HCL Technologies

123 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2010.

Interview Details – I went for an off-campus hiring drive. Initially there was a screening exam, then GD round. Later, HR+Technical round.

Interview Question – Questions were very easy and basic.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in March 2014.

Interview Details – THERE were 5 rounds to recruit.. 10 a grammatical test which was majorly based on parts of speech
2) A GENERAL INTERVIEW- which comprised HR like questions..a brief intro, last movie , how did you spend your last week ? favourite tv show .
3)a TECHNICAL INTERVIEW- i belong to electronics and communication so i was gauged in that .. what is a register? what is memory ? what is a flip flop?
j-k ff, draw and implement it, what are k-maps? uses ?
networking questions-what is a n/w? what os is used in your cellphone?
4) HR interview- intro , what do you know about HCL ?
whom do you prefer for your country - an innocent politician who lacks strategies or a corrupt one who makes excellent strategies ?? any issue with the bond ?
5) AMCAT BASED ONLINE TEST - Quant /logical reasoning/verbal
go through the sample papers given on various sites

The day went propitious for me and i cleared all the grills successfully !!

Interview Question – what is the mileage of your car ?? this was asked in technical round   View Answer

Negotiation Details – the package was 2.75 .no further negotiations

Analyst Interview

Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HCL Technologies in December 2011.

Interview Details – Anlytical Test

View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2014.

Interview Details – Its very simple. First a simple test, then they take a technical interview with basic skills and then a manager round with your current project description.

Specialist Interview

Specialist
Noida (India)

I applied in-person - interviewed at HCL Technologies in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process is not up to mark. The people in Interview do not bother to judge the relevance of Business requirement and the employee skills.

Negotiation Details – You should negotiate good before accepting the offer letter.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Noida (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in July 2010.

Interview Details – It would be simple, not much expectations, as they are going to provide salary less that Industry standards

Negotiation Details – They provided salary less that my previous job, then raised less that 10% increment, joined only as I need to relocate to Delhi/NCR

Lead Engineer Interview

Lead Engineer
Noida (India)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HCL Technologies in November 2010.

Interview Details – F2F interview and then managerial round and then HR disscussion

Interview Question – It was simple interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will offer minimum possible salary.

SAP Security Consultant Interview

Noida (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in November 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process here is very transparent and there are hardly hassles that you will face while going through this process.They have the initial aptitude test first, then they have the GD round, then the technical interview and lastly the HR round.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult was asked when i faced the interview rounds   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was a fresher and so was not in a state to negotiate my salary. But whatever was offered to me was at par to the other companies hiring freshers.

Software Intern Interview

Noida (India)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through an email and after the resume got shortlisted i was called for an interview and these included Technical questions and HR Interview

Interview Question – I wrote Java in my resume, which i learned. but some keywords which were asked, were like i was hearing them like first time.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend who was an HCL employee. First they start with a screening round where they screen the candidates who do not qualify for the job or are over qualified. They then take a written grammar test. They then take an online technical test followed by an Interview and they then do a HR discussion round where compensation is discussed.

Interview Question – Why did you not choose an competitor of HCL   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was very unpleasant. The HR offered me a package of 30% less what I was getting from my previous employer and never gave any positive response during the negotiation. At several times the HR was extremely rude and commented on my technical capabilities.

Interviews for Top Jobs at HCL Technologies

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HCL Technologies interview questions and advice in New Delhi, India. All 123 interview reviews posted anonymously by HCL Technologies employees and interview candidates.