HCL Technologies Interview Questions in New York City, NY

3.1

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedminster, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Bedminster, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies in April 2014.

Multi-step process. Nothing unexpected. Phone screen. Phone interview. Face to face with the hiring manager and one other. Face to face with a senior manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected. They asked a few questions about having Indian based reports, and if I had experience working hours to support the time zones and India.   Answer Question

The position I applied for seamed great on paper and I was very interested. It was for an Operation Manager at one of their clients. I was able to get through multiple rounds of interviews only to be held up constantly by them. I met with the hiring manager and won his approval. I had a phone call by the time I got home from HR informing me that they were going to make me an offer. We spoke about money. My salary was requirements were $5k higher than they wanted to pay for the position. I wasn’t willing to come down. I got an email the next day saying that they wanted me to meet with another senior manager due to the criticality of the position. I didn’t think anything of it, only that they should have said that before offering me the job. I was not sure if this had to do with my salary demands. Due to scheduling conflicts it took 2 weeks to setup that next interview. I didn’t hear back from them for 3-4 weeks. I left a couple messages with HR and sent a couple emails. No response. I wrote them off. Out of the blue they contacted me again saying they got the approval for the job offer. We spoke money again, and this time I was able to get $15k higher than my previous request. I was told that they hoped to have the offer to me by week’s end. It took 3 more weeks to get me the offer. All in all, it took 8 weeks from when they initially verbally offered me the job to get it in writing.
    I ended up declining the offer. In the time they were processing my offer, I successfully interviewed with another company that was US based and handled matters much more efficiently. The whole process was completely unorganized. I felt that there was a lack of coordination, and a disconnect between the US and India sides of the company. For a company that is trying to win US business, they are very much an Indian company, and run like one. After receiving the offer, I was doing my due diligence and didn’t find a single person that praised them. Most recommended avoiding them. They all stated they were cheap.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies in August 2012.

Applied online was called up & scheduled a fly-out.

Met with a guy by the name of Vijay Verma who was incredibly rude, obnoxious, often cut me off during my responses. He also took a phone call in the middle of an interview which is completely discourteous to the applicant.

As others have noted on this job board, get everything in writing! The company lied about who I was supposed to meet with.

Interview Questions
    • none. pretty basic questions; what are your strengths, weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

The interviewer did not give me a good feeling about the company; not the person I would ever want to work for.

Entry-Level MBA Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies in December 2011.

I was referred to Axon through a friend who is employed at another division within HCL. I had the initial phone interview with the recruiter, and she asked your standard questions. She then gave me a case study to complete, which required some research. After I submitted the case study, I received a call from the recruiter that I would be speaking with the HR partner and I would also present my case study.

The morning of the call, I took time off from work that morning so I could be give the call my full attention. Granted, I work full-time and go to business school part-time. Anyway, the call was 20 minutes late. Imagine if you show up 20 minutes late to an interview? Because I had to be into work, I kindly asked if I could reschedule, stating that I had to leave for work soon. She said we would finish within 40 minutes and I would present the case if I was selected to the next round. Anyway, she asked basic HR questions and had me read from my job experience from my resume. Keep in mind that I went to business school for a career change and have been an engineer at a manufacturing firm, so there was very little that I could transfer from previous experience. But I have developed transferable consulting competencies through my contributions to professional organizations I belong to, which I mentioned were more applicable and discussed in greater detail. No follow-on questions were asked to clarify my answers, no questions were asked about challenges that I have overcome, and no question was asked about the value I would add to Axon. And I did not even get a chance to present my case study, which I took a day off to complete.

The following week, I received an e-mail that I was not a fit for the firm. And that assessment came from an interview where the call was late, the interview was truncated and lacked depth, and I was not able to present any competencies through the case study.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies in November 2011.

The process started out with a phone interview on campus. A few days later I was invited to interview in NJ with a few other candidates from my university and other universities. We were asked to prepare a presentation on a question they had selected and have it ready for when we arrived. The interview process involved multiple one on ones and a group case project. In all it took the whole day.

Interview Questions
    • Preparing the initial presentation. It involved a lot of additional research and work in a short time frame.   Answer Question

MBA Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies in July 2011.

Initially applied through LinkedIn, and had a quick screening interview over the phone. I was assigned a case study and had to submit a 10 page PowerPoint presentation. For the second interview, I gave the presentation over the phone. I passed this part, and they brought me up to their offices in Jersey City, NJ for a final interview. This was a day-long interview with several parts and with three other people. We were assigned a group project, and pulled out one by one for a panel interview. At the end of the day, we gave a presentation over our results from the group project.

Interview Questions
    • General questions about business structures, economics, profit drivers, etc. He peppered the questions throughout the entire interview. For example, if you were a power company, what policies would you enact so that consumers run their ac's at a higher temperature during periods where a brown-out might occur?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2011.

Hired based on employee referral. There was no technical interview. All the time HR was discussing only about salary and joining date. They went back and forth on salary and benefits.

Interview Questions
    Have everything in written email from HR. They do not stick to their word.

Practice Head Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2010.

The staffing agency stated the role was for heading the Datacenter Automation stream as a practice head. However, the interviewer who happened to be a Assistant General Manager by name Prosenjit Banerjee, happened to ask lameduck questions which were from college going text books.

This reflects that the Company is looking for rudimentery skills even at Senior Position. Watch out for the Job Description, even before you attend an interview with this Organization..

I would rate the interviewer let down the Organization.