HCL Technologies

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – It will be 2 to 5 round interview based on urgency and the requirements. Process will start from HR level and tech interview and senior level followed by final HR round for negotiation.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join HCL?   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – Technical Round 1
Technical Round 2
Management Level
HR
Offer

Project Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – campus intervirw
1. Technical
HR

Interview Question – What you expect in next year   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2011.

Interview Details – Hired based on employee referral. There was no technical interview. All the time HR was discussing only about salary and joining date. They went back and forth on salary and benefits.

Interview Question – What is the minimum package that you can accept?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Have everything in written email from HR. They do not stick to their word.

Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – The initial contact was by an HR person from their Chennai office. The requirements were communicated and I was called for the face to face. The process began late as no HR person was available. I had to call the HR on phone to ask about the status. There were other candidates waiting for the face to face as well. I was very disappointed with the interviewer as he hardly understood my work or my profile and seemed less experienced. I realised half way that I couldn't survive the place or people and left.

Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in December 2010.

Interview Details – Expect better than the usual average of the industry candidate.
minimum 2 level of interview and HR round.
Position is lowered while hiring.
Written test was there.
technical round was followed.
Hr round followed.

Interview Question – All project or role specific. Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was good. There was lot of discussion that was done.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult question   View Answer

Noida (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in July 2010.

Interview Details – It would be simple, not much expectations, as they are going to provide salary less that Industry standards

Negotiation Details – They provided salary less that my previous job, then raised less that 10% increment, joined only as I need to relocate to Delhi/NCR

Calcutta (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at HCL Technologies in September 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was focussed on Project Management only . To name a few of the areas that are touched are - Resource Management, Communication, Client and Stakeholder, Quality.

Other additional questions were asked on Bidding process.

Negotiation Details – Salary. Please be firm on what you want.

Interviews for Top Jobs at HCL Technologies

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

HCL Technologies Videos

HCL Technologies – Why Work for Us?

At HCL, we bring IT and engineering services under one roof to solve complex business problems for our clients. We attribute our success to our dedicated workforce, currently estimated at 95,000 . By leveraging… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HCL Technologies Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by HCL Technologies employees and interview candidates.