HCL Technologies

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in November 2011.

Interview Details – The process started out with a phone interview on campus. A few days later I was invited to interview in NJ with a few other candidates from my university and other universities. We were asked to prepare a presentation on a question they had selected and have it ready for when we arrived. The interview process involved multiple one on ones and a group case project. In all it took the whole day.

Interview Question – Preparing the initial presentation. It involved a lot of additional research and work in a short time frame.   Answer Question

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2009.

Interview Details – Telephonic interview with HR and Technical panel
Direct interview with the manager

Interview Question – Nothing so difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was decent

Interviewed at HCL Technologies

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interview

Chennai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in December 2011.

Interview Details – Communication was initiated by the recruitment HR. It was telephonic and for initial screening purposes where my notice period , expected CTC etc were asked. The HR was quite friendly and prompt in all the future communications. After the initial screening , a technical interview was conducted via telephone. On clearing the technical interview I received a communication within three days to attend a client interview over tele conference from one of the company's locations. The arrangements made for this interview was meticulously done and at each time the employer was respectful , patient and had made great efforts to make me feel comfortable. The final confirmation and negotiations on salary began a week later and the rest of the process including joining was extremely smooth.
Technical questions centered around MQ and Message Broker migration and publish subscribe topology with MQ Telemetry

Interview Question – Certain questions on SCADA node , as I had not worked on them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – An employer and the prospective employee eventually end up at a log jam on salary and compensations negotiations. Make sure you do not sound desperate and be confident on what you are asking for.

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – good and interactive

Interview Question – 2 hours of long discussion   Answer Question

New Delhi (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty Easy in terms of interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – very novice interview

Interview Question – no questions on project .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiate like you are doing with a lala company.

Interviews for Top Jobs at HCL Technologies

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HCL Technologies Senior Consultant interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by HCL Technologies employees and interview candidates.